Author Topic: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse  (Read 10688 times)

hp31

• Getbig III
Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse
« on: September 12, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. The team deactivated him for Sunday's home game against the Patriots.
Adrian Peterson's attorney said Friday that Peterson used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced growing up in east Texas.
Peterson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, told ESPN.com in a text that Peterson "certainly will" surrender to authorities.

Hardin issued a statement Friday saying his client's conduct "involves using a switch to spank his son." According to a report by Sports Radio 610 in Houston, Peterson removed the leaves of a tree branch, which he referred to in a police report as "a switch," to strike the child.

"This indictment follows Adrian's full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son," Hardin said in his statement. "He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened."

Hardin said Peterson has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours.

"Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning," Hardin said. "It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury."

The Vikings released a statement earlier Friday saying they're in the process of gathering information about Peterson's legal situation and deferred comment to Hardin..

Last October, Peterson's 2-year-old son died in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, after being allegedly assaulted by a man who was dating the boy's mother. Peterson learned only two months earlier that he was the boy's father. The man who assaulted the boy, Joseph Robert Patterson, was charged with murder and manslaughter.

The Houston station, citing law enforcement sources, said Peterson told police that the incident -- he referred to it as a "whooping" -- occurred in Spring, Texas, in May as punishment for his son pushing another one of Peterson's children. The boy suffered cuts and bruises to areas including his back, buttocks, ankles and legs.

Peterson reflected on his loss in an August interview with ESPN.com Vikings reporter Ben Goessling.

"It's just made me stop taking things for granted," said Peterson, who turned 29 in March. "Life is short. You never know. You just want to take advantage of the time you do have."

Peterson, in his eighth NFL season, rushed for 10,115 yards through his first seven full seasons as a pro, the fifth-most for any running back in NFL history during that specific time frame.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »
That's fucked up. What's his kids name, Kunta Kinte?

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
I understand the child is only 4, but is this child abuse or a "good old fashioned butt whooping"?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:49:48 PM »
I was thinking "liberal bullshit" till I saw the open welts. That's way too much for a 4 year old. That being said, I don't think it calls for a sever
legal punishment, more along the lines of stern warning to "quit fucking around".

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
What lack of parenting skills would lead someone to whip a 4-year old with a switch?

By the way, I just heard that the wounds the kid has in those pics were 5-7 days old.

Just let that sink in.

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »
I understand the child is only 4, but is this child abuse or a "good old fashioned butt whooping"?

No 4 yo deserves to be bruised like that period

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »

It's nothing

Maybe a bit too far

But this is an Nfl smokescreen

To remind us that in regards to Roger

There is nothing to see here...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
I think that some kids do need the occasional ass whipping to keep them in line but he was 4 years old.  What could a 4 year old have done to deserve that?  AP went too far.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:44:05 PM »
I think that some kids do need the occasional ass whipping to keep them in line but he was 4 years old.  What could a 4 year old have done to deserve that?  AP went too far.

definitely went too far.   IMO, there are times when a swat on the rear end is needed... punch baby sister in the nose, there's no about of "time out" that works.   But a switch to a 4 year old?  that's extreme right there.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
That is not correction, that is anger......a four year old, way too young for switch use

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 06:53:26 PM »
No 4 yo deserves to be bruised like that period

This.
Y

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »

It's child abuse.

A good old fashioned whooping doesn't leave you with welts like you had 10 lashes

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »
My dad whopped my ass all the time, and look what I turned out to be, a bona field get bigger!
Mr. AZ 2003

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »
Guys, those wounds are reportedly after healing for 5-7 days.

Imagine what the kid looked like right after it happened.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »
Compared to my mom , Adrian Peterson is The Dalai Lama , but I agree 4 years old is too young to get whopped like that .

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
Compared to my mom , Adrian Peterson is The Dalai Lama , but I agree 4 years old is too young to get whopped like that .

I caught one of those "go outside and pick a switch so i can whip you with it" once.

By my great grandmother no less.

She brought that 1918 old school style justice to a young poly!

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
I caught one of those "go outside and pick a switch so i can whip you with it" once.

By my great grandmother no less.

She brought that 1918 old school style justice to a young poly!

Haha , good woman.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
If he wanted to, he could turn this real religious real fast

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
Weird world we live in where you can't lay a hand on an adult in any aggressive manner but you can to a defenseless child "with reason". How man slashes with a whip on a baby would be considered ok in the eyes of the court system?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »
From the pictures it looks like he hit his son at least 20 times...what kind of person could do that to a 4 year old???

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 09:40:38 PM »
It's child abuse.

A good old fashioned whooping doesn't leave you with welts like you had 10 lashes

+1

agenda21nwo

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
It's nothing

Maybe a bit too far

But this is an Nfl smokescreen

To remind us that in regards to Roger

There is nothing to see here...
So if this kid's uncle was minding him and inflicted the same punishment it wouldn't be considered abuse?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:53:16 AM »

The child is 4 years old.  I don't care who this guy is, this is pure abuse.  No 4 year old child can understand why his dad is hitting him so hard he leaves marks. Especially 'by accident' in the testicles.  I wonder who this child grows up to understand? That hitting people, hurting them, and leaving marks is ok.  No wonder some people grow up like that.

Hmm... any other case like this recently in which a grown man whacked a woman? Makes me wonder if he got hit hard when he was a kid.

It is not ok. It is pathetic for someone to do that do a 4 year old.

240 is right. A light whack to the rear. 

If this guy did that to anyone else, he would be arrested, vilified and done.  But since it was his son, it was ok.  Bullshit.