Author Topic: UFC fighter Lyoto Machida with Phil Heath. *pic*  (Read 4240 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
UFC fighter Lyoto Machida with Phil Heath. *pic*
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:28:39 AM »
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: UFC fighter Lyoto Machida with Phil Heath. *pic*
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:33:38 AM »
A

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:58:09 AM »

Mr.O should be chosen from athletes at least 6 feet tall, to demonstrate physical excellence and be comparable with normal people, and i'm not even saying towering them.
When a 180 cm person looks down at best bodybuilder in the world, you know something is wrong.

Being tall is actually much more impressive than having shredded glutes.

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 03:11:08 AM »
GH hand of peace.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 03:23:05 AM »
bodybuilders and MMA fighters r helping eachother alot the last few years,each can benefit from eachother with training and diet
R

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 03:27:44 AM »
Mr.O should be chosen from athletes at least 6 feet tall, to demonstrate physical excellence and be comparable with normal people, and i'm not even saying towering them.
When a 180 cm person looks down at best bodybuilder in the world, you know something is wrong.

Machida is 185cm, and bodybuilding is about illusion. Who got the complete package wins and taller guys are mostly in disadvantage.

hth

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 03:40:26 AM »

Phil is normally handsome among bodybuilders but here he looks kinda ugly vs Machida.  :D
90% of women would choose Machida over Phil anyway. Full hair,athletic build and taller. Most women will find Phils arms freaky.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:28 AM »
This is getbig, we don't say *pic* we say 'Pictor'
S

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »
Phil is normally handsome among bodybuilders but here he looks kinda ugly vs Machida.  :D
90% of women would choose Machida over Phil anyway. Full hair,athletic build and taller. Most women will find Phils arms freaky.

You're dead on. I've been telling bodybuilders that forever. If you have a real athlete's build instead of a bloated drug build women will find you more attractive. The women who think steroid bodybuilders are hot are usually a little off in the head. On a side note how fast would Machida take out Phil in the Octagon?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »

I think it's the opposite. Compared to actual top athletes bodybuilders have jelly muscle and don't have real power. When your whole body is hard as nails, no matter the size and works as a single unit without trouble you can talk about power. Compared to Machida Phil is what Vegeta in dragonball z would call "a powder puff".

Compared to gym rats and regular joes bodybuilders are bad ass, but when compared to any athlete at top level bodybuilders are just a silent reflection of them, truth.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »
There is a difference between power and strength. They are related yet they are two separate entities. Power lifting should be called strength lifting and Olympic lifting should be called power lifting.

When a 5'10" powerlifter who squats 8oolbs can't touch the rim of a basketball hoop but a 5'10" guy who squats 350lbs can that's a demonstration of power. When a guy who benches 225lbs can punch harder than a guy who benches 450lbs that's power. Power is how quickly you can release your strength.  Most Olympic lifters while having incredible strength have amazing power. Most can sprint a good time and do amazing vertical leaps. You won't find many powerlifters who can say that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 06:47:18 AM »
Phil would DESTROY that dude in the ring.

Way more muscle, much bigger hands, and pro level genetics. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:19 AM »
When a 5'10" powerlifter who squats 8oolbs can't touch the rim of a basketball hoop but a 5'10" guy who squats 350lbs can that's a demonstration of power. When a guy who benches 225lbs can punch harder than a guy who benches 450lbs that's power. Power is how quickly you can release your strength.  Most Olympic lifters while having incredible strength have amazing power. Most can sprint a good time and do amazing vertical leaps. You won't find many powerlifters who can say that.

for the record, none of this really makes sense. just going by physics definitions (work = force*distance; power = work/time) you're just talking apples and oranges. power has nothing to do with how fast you move, it has to do with what you did for that time. an 800lb squat is, without question, a feat of greater power than dunking a basketball. period.

more than that, jumping and punching don't even use the same muscle movements as squatting and benching. a punch is a unilateral movement that uses a lot of hips, jumping uses a lot of ankle strength and a very narrow dip. unless you're punching someone with both arms at the same time while lying down or someone jumps by dropping ass to ankles first you might as well compare deadlifting with climbing a tree. they're not even related.

bodybuilders are much "athletes" as runway models, but this jimjam about strength and power and how a dude who can jump or throw a punch is more "powerful" is just nonsense.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Did they share a glass of piss?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »
pro bodybuilders look so hilariously useless... pathetic

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »
My Buddy was at a party where Machida was drunk as fuck. My friend is 5'10 and Machida was an inch shorter than him. Just how tall is Phil claiming to be these days?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
Who's seminar was this?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Phil would DESTROY that dude on the court.

Way more muscle, much bigger hands, and pro level genetics.  I can see it now, Phil setting up Lyoto for the fade away.
fixed.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »

Shit, that'd undo every O since Arnold.

viking1

• Getbig V

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »
Phil looking 5'6" in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 01:25:51 AM »
My Buddy was at a party where Machida was drunk as fuck. My friend is 5'10 and Machida was an inch shorter than him. Just how tall is Phil claiming to be these days?

I love Getbig! Whoevers mentioned from whatever field, be it sports star, actor ,politician, etc etc even presidents theres always someone on here whos met them, or their "friends" went to a party with them ,or they had a "haircut" next to them!!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 01:33:07 AM »
for the record, none of this really makes sense. just going by physics definitions (work = force*distance; power = work/time) you're just talking apples and oranges. power has nothing to do with how fast you move, it has to do with what you did for that time. an 800lb squat is, without question, a feat of greater power than dunking a basketball. period. 

Power has everything to do with speed.... the less time it takes to do a given amount of work (ie: the faster one moves), the more power generated.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:48 AM »

Machida is actually 5'5 in that pic