Author Topic: please share your t3 experience  (Read 39694 times)

Fuzzy Nuts

please share your t3 experience
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »
I have a friend with a thyroid problem and was prescribed cytomel. He has slowly lost a lot of weight without changing his diet. I have been considering trying some to aid in fat loss. Bad idea?

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
Re: please share your t3 experience
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
Well, it's a good idea in that T3 helps burn fat.

It's a bad idea since it shuts down your own thyroid levels & if you don't know how to diet properly, you'll get fat very easily after you come off.

It's also catabolic, so you will lose muscle in high enough dosages of 50mcg+ if you're not on gear.

I would opt for the good old ECA stack in this case. Less rebound afterward & less muscle wasting.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:45 PM »
^ Some good advise there.

If you "must" use it pyramid up and down starting from 12,5 mcg (just to see how you react) slowly to 25, 37,5 then 50 mcg daily and then back down. 8 weeks of this will burn a lot of fat but you need to be on steroids as well.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:49 AM »
Good advices are worth their weight in Schäufele und Knödel.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »
legendary getbiger buselmo used to grow on 180mcg of T3 and 320mcg of clen (yes you read correctly). of course on gear but also dieting hard

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
I liked it, mostly for the bump in energy it would give me while dieting.  As far as fat loss goes, I didn't really notice a whole lot more, but I never really used a whole lot.  Started off at 50mcg and went up to 100mcg, but I didn't see much more benefit with the increased dose.

I found ephedrine to be much more effective, mostly because it suppressed appetite.

I didn't taper off, just stopped....didn't really notice any sign of my metabolism being slow.

It's fairly safe and effective for many, give it a try.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
I think T3, by itself, is quite useless for dieting, unless you're in the 100mcg+ range. At that dose, you're getting a ton of sides, shutting down your own levels & getting muscle wasting. Ephedrine will get you the same results without any of that for a fraction of the price.

I think adding 25mcg to a bulking cycle is a better use of T3, as it helps boost metabolism, process food faster etc.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »
i've been wanting to try t3 while bulking for some time as my experienced went sour the first time i tried it.. i think it was 60-80mcg that i ran and it chewed through my muscle and shrunk me down even on superdrol.. that was a very very long time ago and i wrote t3 off since... but... im curious trying just 25mcg year round or something.. especially in lean bulks... I do have a descently fast metabolism but not a naturally lean dude... so it makes me wonder.. i need tons of calories to build and to maintain and now that im bigger i can get away with much more food and stya leaner easier too but NOT ripped as again.. not naturally lean dude..

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 09:03:37 AM »
i've been wanting to try t3 while bulking for some time as my experienced went sour the first time i tried it.. i think it was 60-80mcg that i ran and it chewed through my muscle and shrunk me down even on superdrol.. that was a very very long time ago and i wrote t3 off since... but... im curious trying just 25mcg year round or something.. especially in lean bulks... I do have a descently fast metabolism but not a naturally lean dude... so it makes me wonder.. i need tons of calories to build and to maintain and now that im bigger i can get away with much more food and stya leaner easier too but NOT ripped as again.. not naturally lean dude..

25 mcg is generally considered to be a replacement dose...most folks I've heard that use it while gaining muscle dose it at 50 mcg

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
25 mcg is generally considered to be a replacement dose...most folks I've heard that use it while gaining muscle dose it at 50 mcg

You have to be on a fair bit of gear to not have muscle wasting on 50mcg if you're using it long term. Plus, the jittery feeling on 50mcg is not fun & for me, bulking should be fun. You're lifting heavy, eating a lot, sleeping a lot etc.

I'd opt for 30min cardio 3x a week instead to keep fat low & boost metabolism. Not as easy as popping a pill, but better imo.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
You have to be on a fair bit of gear to not have muscle wasting on 50mcg if you're using it long term. Plus, the jittery feeling on 50mcg is not fun & for me, bulking should be fun. You're lifting heavy, eating a lot, sleeping a lot etc.

I'd opt for 30min cardio 3x a week instead to keep fat low & boost metabolism. Not as easy as popping a pill, but better imo.

No way, I did just fine on 300mg test e and 50-100mcg of generic cytomel.  Was the heaviest and leanest I had ever been.  The "muscle wasting" effect gets way exaggerated IMO.  Never got jitters either, just smooth energy...kind of like what you get from a vitamin B shot, except moreso.

You're totally right about the cardio though, T3 isn't a necessity and adding more drugs to a bodybuilder's stack is typically not a good idea.  Just sharing what I've heard others report.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »
Thank you for the replies. I have always had problems getting lean and would use hrt along with t3.

My friend has made an amazing transformation. I believe he is prescribed 120 mcg...was more like 180 before, but he lost weight too fast. His endo insists on brand name cytomel for some reason...no generics.

Has anyone had recovery problems after a t3 cycle? According to the interwebs recovery takes about 2 weeks.That doesn't sound bad in theory...just watch diet very close coming off?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »
Thank you for the replies. I have always had problems getting lean and would use hrt along with t3.

My friend has made an amazing transformation. I believe he is prescribed 120 mcg...was more like 180 before, but he lost weight too fast. His endo insists on brand name cytomel for some reason...no generics.

Has anyone had recovery problems after a t3 cycle? According to the interwebs recovery takes about 2 weeks.That doesn't sound bad in theory...just watch diet very close coming off?

Holy shit, 120mcg?  Are you sure your friend isn't on synthroid (t4)? People with thyroid deficiency almost always get synthroid prescribed, and I can't imagine why a doctor would prescribe 5x the physiological dose of t3.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 12:51:49 AM »
Holy shit, 120mcg?  Are you sure your friend isn't on synthroid (t4)? People with thyroid deficiency almost always get synthroid prescribed, and I can't imagine why a doctor would prescribe 5x the physiological dose of t3.

just like some people need a legit 200mg a week of test to get them in normal range for HRT, some people need much more t3 than just 25mcg.

i think ausbuilt on some UK AAS forum said that he takes up to 200mcg to really get supraphysiological levels, guy is very knowledgable.
100mcg is basically equal to endogenous production for "ectomorphs" (i dont buy into the somatotype stuff, but some people with hyperthyroidism must produce t3 equal to 100mcg exogenous t3 easily).

i think ive also seen a study that suggested that 100mcg t3 was basically "hrt" for some folks with a "high metabolism"

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:04 AM »
ausbuilt on uk-muscle wrote a lot about T3. He said too that after using 100mcg+ t3 for few years without break you can easy get back Your Thyroid function to normal after few weeks. He showed a lot of studies about it.

And he said that using T3 while using AAS has a lot of benefits like raising protein synthesis, better compounds working etc...

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:54 AM »
ausbuilt on uk-muscle wrote a lot about T3. He said too that after using 100mcg+ t3 for few years without break you can easy get back Your Thyroid function to normal after few weeks. He showed a lot of studies about it.

And he said that using T3 while using AAS has a lot of benefits like raising protein synthesis, better compounds working etc...

i believe in that. i mean there are studies that show that protein degradation actually increases MORE than protein synthesis with t3, BUT i think theres the potential that when you use AAS (strongly increasing protein synthesis) that effect might turn around in favor of protein synthesis.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
just like some people need a legit 200mg a week of test to get them in normal range for HRT, some people need much more t3 than just 25mcg.

i think ausbuilt on some UK AAS forum said that he takes up to 200mcg to really get supraphysiological levels, guy is very knowledgable.
100mcg is basically equal to endogenous production for "ectomorphs" (i dont buy into the somatotype stuff, but some people with hyperthyroidism must produce t3 equal to 100mcg exogenous t3 easily).

i think ive also seen a study that suggested that 100mcg t3 was basically "hrt" for some folks with a "high metabolism"

Who needs 200mg/week to get between 400-800ng/dl?  Are you going off anecdotes from bodybuilding boards to get your information?

Hyperthyroidism is a pathological condition, so even if there are folks that are naturally producing the equivalent of 100mcg t3, that doesn't mean that any physician would dose their patient with an equivalent dosage.  Besides, let's not forget: the OP said his friend started off at 180mcg.

I can practically guarantee that his friend has been taking Synthroid.  The dosages match up perfectly, and Synthroid is the main medication indicated for primary hypothyroidism.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 08:11:20 AM »
I'm one of those dudes that needs 200mg test for hrt lol as per doc. I also need higher doses of aas to get as much of a result, sucks but that's life.

T3 on the other hand.. that's a different story... I"m going to get some and start doing 25mcg and go from there..

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:59 AM »
Who needs 200mg/week to get between 400-800ng/dl?  Are you going off anecdotes from bodybuilding boards to get your information?

Hyperthyroidism is a pathological condition, so even if there are folks that are naturally producing the equivalent of 100mcg t3, that doesn't mean that any physician would dose their patient with an equivalent dosage.  Besides, let's not forget: the OP said his friend started off at 180mcg.

I can practically guarantee that his friend has been taking Synthroid.  The dosages match up perfectly, and Synthroid is the main medication indicated for primary hypothyroidism.
where else am i supposed to get information about that lol.
theres plenty of people on HRT taking 200mg a week and only scoring 800 or so

according to this guy ausbuilt thyroid activity can be accurately measured by checking body temp in the morning

he then somehow concluded that 100mcg might just shut down natural production for some guys and wont increase metabolism at all
im not sure if this is fully dependent on body temp though.

t3 production in the body is very variable though. in periods of carbohydrate overfeeding t3 production (/t4 to t3 conversion) drastically increases and double the "normal" levels are achieved, ive read a study about that a while ago. "natural" t3 was at the equivalent of about 30mcg or so, during the overfeeding period it got up to >50mcg

too lazy to dig that study out now though.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 09:00:44 AM »
I think you might be right. I'll have to talk to him again. I was kind of wondering why everyone was recommending around 50mcg.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
I'm probably gonna use T3 50-100mcg while cruising on Test E 250mg/Week after I come off Tren so I'll let you know how it goes

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
I think you might be right. I'll have to talk to him again. I was kind of wondering why everyone was recommending around 50mcg.

Hes' on T4, which makes the 120mcg dosage make sense, since they come in 40mcg tabs usually. 120mcg T3 is A LOT & not fun to be on.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 12:13:53 AM »
Hes' on T4, which makes the 120mcg dosage make sense, since they come in 40mcg tabs usually. 120mcg T3 is A LOT & not fun to be on.

i used 200mcg t3 for cutting cycles before... actually the quick weight loss is pretty fun, lol.

only thing thats annoying is the fact that i cant even wear anything else but tshirts, no matter how could it is outside, because as soon as i enter a room the sweat starts pouring.

cant even wear a beanie in the winter because my head would get completely wet underneath.

oh and t3 can make you flat. like REALLY flat.
on my last cut i ran 150mcg with test and npp and i was FLAT AS SH*T. looked like i never touched a weight in clothes.
this time i run 200mcg with test, tren and mast and im not flat at all. its crazy, but the tren seems to counteract the glycogen robbery from the t3.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
I liked it while on it at the proper dosage though. When I bumped it up I began to lose muscle and look very flat. Works very good but not worth the rebound when I stopped using it IMO. Basically while on it you can feel your body just burning off those calories as after you eat a meal you begin to feel hot and the heat literally radiates off your back. Stopping it after a contest sucked even when I didn't go on a binge and splurge.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
gonna do a lean bulk after this weekends powerlifting comp, insulin, gh, test enth and tren,was gonna go with 25mcg twice a day