Author Topic: Reversing body dysmorphia  (Read 2318 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Reversing body dysmorphia
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
The Broscience evolution of the lifting man clip had a funny passage about early on in your evolution of lifting is the last time that you will actually think that you are big. It's funny, but true. Objectively speaking, the bigger and more lean I get, the worse I feel that I look. It's really a disease. It got me thinking that can it be reversed simply by giving up the gym? Meaning, if I just let go and become a skinny fat twink with a 36" belly, will I feel better about how I look? Halo has it right that outside confirmation (especially from females if you are hetero) is a good way to keep those demons in check.

Look at Mohammad here:

Do you think that he has a better, more healthy view of himself in the "after" pic than in the "before" pic? Sanity would suggest that skinny Mohammad looks in the mirror and weeps for what was lost, but maybe he doesn't even notice except when he wraps a tape measure around his biceps and laments the 6" loss in size.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Reversing body dysmorphia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »
you really dont need to ghet as big as muhammed to ghet the girls

99,999999999999999999999% of women would think this is big enough

foodie

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
The Broscience evolution of the lifting man clip had a funny passage about early on in your evolution of lifting is the last time that you will actually think that you are big. It's funny, but true. Objectively speaking, the bigger and more lean I get, the worse I feel that I look. It's really a disease. It got me thinking that can it be reversed simply by giving up the gym? Meaning, if I just let go and become a skinny fat twink with a 36" belly, will I feel better about how I look? Halo has it right that outside confirmation (especially from females if you are hetero) is a good way to keep those demons in check.

Look at Mohammad here:

Do you think that he has a better, more healthy view of himself in the "after" pic than in the "before" pic? Sanity would suggest that skinny Mohammad looks in the mirror and weeps for what was lost, but maybe he doesn't even notice except when he wraps a tape measure around his biceps and laments the 6" loss in size.

I dunno, it's hard to turn off the switch consciously. I've always been quite intense, striving for the best in everything I do. I once wanted to be the best fucking guitar player in the world and spent my youth practising hours on end to achieve this goal. I never achieved this, but once I realised that I was maxed out (still better than 99% of guitar players out there), the desire just kind of lost its hold.

Eliminate the desire, eliminate the suffering

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
the fact remains

that you are still not big enough

if you were, people would be stopping you left and right

and then you would be sure you are big

it is only then you would qualify for bigorexia if you still feel small despite this

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »
you really dont need to ghet as big as muhammed to ghet the girls

99,999999999999999999999% of women would think this is big enough

thats huge man.

most women to be VERY honest with you would say thats too big

i want you to go google something. i'll link it later when i have time

i want you to view a poll and constructed imagery related to said poll

of what 10,000 men agrigated as their perfect male (if they could change themselves)

VS straight women's perfect male

yes the women's perfect male has some muscle

however... it will put this into perspective

if anything I have body dysmorphia or I just enjoy injecting hormones here and there (i run low doses these days totally and cruise most of the year art under 200 mg test). But I was "too big" by many women's standards BEFORE i had EVER injected. That is my build though. It happens when you're a hair off 6'3'' and over 200 lbs  
It was big enough already

Now I've been up to 260

and i'm now 235

many photos of myself at 235 exist on this board

this is often described by women as "too big".

because remember when you were a boy? would someone described as 6'3'' 240 be big? superman big?

it's a monstrosity. i'm the one with body dysmorphia. and i fucking love that shit

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:51:58 PM »
the fact remains

I feel like I am having a drink with my AA buddy.

Thanks, I guess...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:54:21 PM »
baby mama went with me to fibo 2011

and ronnie was still real big

she thought he looked absolutely amazing and asked if i'm sure i'm taking the right supplements

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
I feel like I am having a drink with my AA buddy.

Thanks, I guess...
i'm just keepin it real bro

once we do get big enough

then we will be like celebrities

walking in the club

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
spiritual development should help with it. With bodybuilding you are your appearance that is your main identity with spiritual realization you know yourself transcendent of form.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
spiritual development should help with it. With bodybuilding you are your appearance that is your main identity with spiritual realization you know yourself transcendent of form.

Says the muscular giant super man.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
the fact remains

it is only then you would qualify for bigorexia if you still feel small despite this

So it isn't that I perceive myself as too small, it's that I just perceive myself as a work in progress and am more eager to achieve? That's less dysmorphic and more "driven".

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
So it isn't that I perceive myself as too small, it's that I just perceive myself as a work in progress and am more eager to achieve? That's less dysmorphic and more "driven".

yes

as i said

the worst part of bodybuilding

is the waiting game

standing in front of the mirror

waiting for these gunz to grow

i do it several times a day

:-X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
I can see why folks hop on boatloads of drugs: they are eager to get yo "done". I Won't lie and say that I haven't heard that siren's song also.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »
I can see why folks hop on boatloads of drugs: they are eager to get yo "done". I Won't lie and say that I haven't heard that siren's song also.
yes but diminishing returns and all that

before we used steroidds, we thought they are magic beans, miraculous gains bringers

now not really true is it

and so it probably continues with higher dosages, more disappointment

lol

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
I think it has more to do with your perception of good shape and a good look.
I've never aspired to be "bodybuilder muscular" (not that I could be), I've never liked the look or lack of athleticism.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
the fact remains

This. People could compliment me saying I'm the nicest, kindest, smartest most incredible person on earth, but it would be nothing compared to someone saying I'm big and muscular. The ultimate compliment.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
This. People could compliment me saying I'm the nicest, kindest, smartest most incredible person on earth, but it would be nothing compared to someone saying I'm big and muscular. The ultimate compliment.

This is very true. I get all kinds of compliments: good boss, good leader, software designs "just work", wicked smart. And from my wife I get: good husband, dad, provider, protector. Yes, she likes my look, but it's atbthe end of superlatives.

I would be much happier for her to say "fucking jacked!"

Won't somebodt please just treat me like a piece of meat!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:47 PM »
This is very true. I get all kinds of compliments: good boss, good leader, software designs "just work", wicked smart. And from my wife I get: good husband, dad, provider, protector. Yes, she likes my look, but it's atbthe end of superlatives.

I would be much happier for her to say "fucking jacked!"

Won't somebodt please just treat me like a piece of meat!
ahahahahaha

the wonderful world of bodybuilders