Author Topic: i am attempting to create some sort of sector of mathmatical understanding  (Read 5180 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: i am attempting to create some sort of sector of mathmatical understanding
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
i havent asked for erics assistance on this bro, what is happening is i am trying to find a mathmatical formulae to represent all the possible positions two spheres can have while touching

Unfortunately, there is not enough information here to work this out. But here is a start, each sphere represents 360 degrees. Since each sphere can touch the other at any point on their respective circumferences, the answer requires knowing the size of each of the spheres. Your answer could then be expressed in degrees or whatever measure is agreed upon. For example, if each sphere is 2 ft. in diameter, then each sphere is 6.28 ft. in circumference. Expressed in feet, the spheres could touch in 39.4384 places. (C = π x d) x (C = π x d) =

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
It is 2 am here. If it was earlier I would honestly forward this to my dad who is a mathematician... he did a maths degree last year as a hobby after retiring and got first in his year.
that is great would love to go on a camping trip with your dad who is a mathematician, in all seriousness would love to hear his take on this equation and maybe i could pay you to relay information and discuss important matters
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 06:16:45 PM »
Unfortunately, there is not enough information here to work this out. But here is a start, each sphere represents 360 degrees. Since each sphere can touch the other at any point on their respective circumferences, the answer requires knowing the size of each of the spheres. Your answer could then be expressed in degrees or whatever measure is agreed upon. For example, if each sphere is 2 ft. in diameter, then each sphere is 6.28 ft. in circumference. Expressed in feet, the spheres could touch in 39.4384 places. (C = π x d) x (C = π x d) =

Could you explain c = n x d? I'm guesing d is diameter as we use radius here. Also rereading marty's original post it was any 2 identical symmetrical objects so two cubes or spheres. Normally I would pass this shit but I took modafinil today and am considering going back to studying maths for fun and it is pissing me off that I used to solve shit like this in a minute when I was 18.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
this is fundamentally wrong my friend, im looking for all possible places they could touch, the number would far far excede that especially with spheres with a 2ft diameter we will have to talk to lustrals dad tonite
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 06:22:48 PM »
i am trying to find the amount of possible positions two identicle objects can have while touching, expressed in a mathmatical equation

without knowing the unit of measuremant how can this be expressed in an equation

i am hoping to solve this basic aspect in the next 15 minites then move on to the next step and the next and so on, finding equations to represent 3 and 4 symetrical identical objects ( lets use spheres)

Just to say, this means more than one axis is required. As a sphere moves into another the amount of Y axis will increase (assuming same size) will increase as it gets further into other sphere until it reaches middle (Y is same). For cubes this would be irrelevant if equally aligned on X axis or just moving laterally. If moving diagonally it would affect it.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 06:24:31 PM »
Fuck it, I will post this on to my dad but will edit for grammatical correctness and see what I get. I would just forward thread but he would then be able to see my post history...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »
Just to say, this means more than one axis is required. As a sphere moves into another the amount of Y axis will increase (assuming same size) will increase as it gets further into other sphere until it reaches middle (Y is same). For cubes this would be irrelevant if equally aligned on X axis or just moving laterally. If moving diagonally it would affect it.
no with cubes we encounter the same dilema, remeber the goal is to find all possible positions two of the same objects can have while touching, so with cubes we are going millions millions and billions and biilions of places they could touch. literally a number that is between very large and almost infinite
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »

enjoyed this movie may have to watch it again , but the premise of it being golden ratio based shows it needs to be studied more, not sure if the movie includes much other than the drama that identifies the phenominon
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »
no with cubes we encounter the same dilema, remeber the goal is to find all possible positions two of the same objects can have while touching, so with cubes we are going millions millions and billions and biilions of places they could touch. literally a number that is between very large and almost infinite

Email I sent dad before quoting you:

This is from a forum I go to. I will just quote it verbatim so ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes.

In essence, is there a formula to express how many possible points two symmetrical objects touch (sphere, cube - in 3 dimensions)? It will just be along 2 axes but those axes will vary depending on the shape (spherical would affect x,y and z axes even moving laterally hence x and y touching points would change) whereas a cube would only change in x  points moving laterally but x and y points if moving diagonally.

If he tells me to fuck off it means his iphone wasn't on silent. Will prob be 12 hours before I hear back.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »
Email I sent dad before quoting you:

This is from a forum I go to. I will just quote it verbatim so ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes.

In essence, is there a formula to express how many possible points two symmetrical objects touch (sphere, cube - in 3 dimensions)? It will just be along 2 axes but those axes will vary depending on the shape (spherical would affect x,y and z axes even moving laterally hence x and y touching points would change) whereas a cube would only change in x  points moving laterally but x and y points if moving diagonally.

If he tells me to fuck off it means his iphone wasn't on silent. Will prob be 12 hours before I hear back.

im not sure why you add the part about them being along 2 axes , that overcomplicates things and is unessesary, i worded it perfectly no need to change it only some of my usual spelling errors.

the spheres can touch anywhere on each sphere, what is the equations that represents all possible points of touching
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Sphere-SphereIntersection.html

im not talking about interection of spheres , im talking about touching solid spheres that cannot intersect because they are solid (but are saying touching is intersecting?) (by claiming its interesecting then you are also claiming nothing is solid in wich i guess you could be right atomically, thus would abandon the definition of solid because nothing is technically solid, but then you could assume solid is not a technical word but then technically solid IS a word because its in the dictionary)

but as a side quesiton where exactly is the x-axis here ?
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
im not sure why you add the part about them being along 2 axes , that overcomplicates things and is unessesary, i worded it perfectly no need to change it only some of my usual spelling errors.

the spheres can touch anywhere on each sphere, what is the equations that represents all possible points of touching

2 axes cos there will be points touching as it moves sideways or upwards and a sphere gets bigger the further in it goes. I just copy pasted some shit from a google search and it confirmed that but I can't process it at the minute.

Edit: when you said touching I thought you meant touching from one point to being balls deep?

Axes isn't jargon if that is your worry. x is left and right, y is up and down and z is back and forward.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »
[quote[i am trying to find the amount of possible positions two identicle objects can have while touching, expressed in a mathmatical equation[/quote]

That suggests where any part of two objects touch, not on surface, but if overlapping too. If on surface only it is simple.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »

2 axes cos there will be points touching as it moves sideways or upwards and a sphere gets bigger the further in it goes. I just copy pasted some shit from a google search and it confirmed that but I can't process it at the minute.

Edit: when you said touching I thought you meant touching from one point to being balls deep?

Axes isn't jargon if that is your worry. x is left and right, y is up and down and z is back and forward.

yes there will only be two points touching one on each object nothing more nothing less
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
[quote[i am trying to find the amount of possible positions two identicle solid objects can have while touching, expressed in a mathmatical equation

That suggests where any part of two objects touch, not on surface, but if overlapping too. If on surface only it is simple.

i added solid to clarify unpermeability, i hope that helped
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »
i havent asked for erics assistance on this bro, what is happening is i am trying to find a mathmatical formulae to represent all the possible positions two spheres can have while touching
You have to study mathematics. There are mathematicians  on here that can guide/help you, but you need to have an understanding of math yourself. If you think of math as a language, if you don't understand say Spanish, then trying to communicate in Spanish is futile. So, you must learn  the language first in order to speak it.

Eric Dollard and those other people exploit people such as yourself. They try to convince people that they have some secret knowledge, and know more than other people.

If they are so knowledgable, why are they not working for top universities, or NASA? Why are they not winning Nobel Prizes?
The answer is simple, they are charlatans.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 06:56:05 PM »
i added solid to clarify unpermeability, i hope that helped

Ok away from laptop again but that sounds like sphere kissing. And less interesting.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
You have to study mathematics. There are mathematicians  on here that can guide/help you, but you need to have an understanding of math yourself. If you think of math as a language, if you don't understand say Spanish, then trying to communicate in Spanish is futile. So, you must learn  the language first in order to speak it.

Eric Dollard and those other people exploit people such as yourself. They try to convince people that they have some secret knowledge, and know more than other people.

If they are so knowledgable, why are they not working for top universities, or NASA? Why are they not winning Nobel Prizes?
The answer is simple, they are charlatans.
your premises are all wrong , this has nothing to do with big eric, but i dont like you talking shit about him, the fact is at the end of the day he could explain more crap about electricity then this whole board combined
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
Ok away from laptop again but that sounds like sphere kissing. And less interesting.
lol hahah but cmon we need a way to express this solid state matter!

expressing an identicle pair of solid state matter in all of its possible nodal points= more interesting

sphere kissing=less interesting
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »
lol hahah but cmon we need a way to express this solid state matter!

expressing an identicle pair of solid state matter in all of its possible nodal points= more interesting

sphere kissing=less interesting

It is 3am here and I am working til 10pm min tomorrow night, laughing at Scotland No vote (wish I'd bet on it). You have inspired me to annoy my dad at 2.30am and want to get back to maths. Though dad will prob get a hard on doing some maths and mom will then be happy so all good.

NightTrain

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...

all joke aside, here's your answer Joahnnay Falkanian... ... at least for spheres...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »
your premises are all wrong , this has nothing to do with big eric, but i dont like you talking shit about him, the fact is at the end of the day he could explain more crap about electricity then this whole board combined
It does have a lot to do with it. You were not talking about this until you started watching his and similar videos. Go back and look at your posts.

Eric has you believing he knows but he doesn't.
There are people on this who know more about "electricity" than he ever will. People with Masters and PHDs, and people who are electricians. And again, you proved what I said. He fools people into believing he knows more than other people. Look at what you just wrote in bold.
He has sold you a tale.
I knew of people like you who have fell for other people who have fooled others into believing that they know more than the general populace, and that only have the answers.
They present this in a way so that you only seek them. The followers are very protective and dismiss those who disagree, just like you just did. You are acting in the same way.
Usually the people who follow them have no real knowledge in what they are talking about.
And are not versed in mathematics, science, etc. The charlatans fool only those who are ignorant of certain subjects, and those who distrust others with degrees and who are learned.

Think about this, if you really wanted to know, you have universities nearby. Contact a professor at Duke, UNC, NC State. Or contact the local Community College professor. Right there in your own backyard.