Author Topic: Liberal Indoctrination  (Read 10540 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Liberal Indoctrination
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »
Why is the ideology of tolerance (liberalism) so intolerant and bent on censorship and indoctrination? 

Teacher to 6th-graders: Compare Hitler, George W. Bush
Matthew Diebel, USATODAY
September 11, 2014

A sixth-grade teacher at a Washington, D.C., middle school is in deep water after assigning students to make comparisons between former president George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler in a class project.

According to local media, the educator at McKinley Middle School sent students home with a Venn diagram with instructions to compare and contrast Hitler and Bush, stating that "both men abused their powers."

The assignment prompted complaints from at least one parent, who said that it showed disrespect for the office of the president, according to WRC-TV.

A copy of the assignment, made by the parent and posted on social media, instructs students to draw examples from two texts they were assigned and to fill in a Venn diagram with similarities and differences between the two men.

"Now that we have read about two men of power who abused their power in various ways, we will compare and contrast them and their actions," the assignment reads. "Please refer to your texts, 'Fighting Hitler – A Holocaust Story' and 'Bush: Iraq War Justified Despite No WMD' to compare and contrast former President George W. Bush and Hitler. We will use this in class tomorrow for an activity!"

According to the Washington Times, the parent, who asked the paper not to be named, said he called the school office to complain and was told that the assignment was part of a curriculum unit approved by the school system. He said his sixth-grader's class had been studying both the Holocaust and the Iraq War.

"I think trying to compare Adolf Hitler to an America president is just not right," the parent told the paper. "I didn't agree with Mr. Bush or his policies, but that was over the line."

A homework assignment in which sixth-graders at a Washington, D.C., school were asked to compare Adolf Hitler and ex-President George W. Bush.(Photo: Via Twitter)

A spokeswoman for D.C. Public Schools told the Washington Times that the two readings had been approved but that the texts were not meant to be compared as assigned by the teacher.

"The teacher deeply regrets this mistake, and any suggestion to malign the presidency or make any comparison in this egregious way," school system spokeswoman Melissa Salmanowitz said.

In a written statement, D.C. Public Schools said that the teacher acknowledged poor judgment and will apologize to students. The instructor's name was not released.

The full statement follows:

"The District of Columbia Public Schools provides teachers with an English-Language Arts curriculum that outlines the topics, texts, and standards to be taught within instructional units, while allowing teachers the flexibility to decide the best approach and day-to-day lessons for their students. One of the units at the beginning of the year is about War and Peace, allowing students to explore different perspectives and determine when conflict is warranted, and when peace should prevail. This week, a DCPS teacher created a worksheet to assign as homework which asked students to compare and contrast President George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler, after reading two texts. No DCPS curriculum materials suggest in any way that teachers should compare the texts in this manner or compare Hitler to any other individual. One text, "Fighting Hitler – A Holocaust Story" is part of the current suggested materials. The text about President Bush is not suggested as part of the current year's curriculum, but was included last year in a separate unit. The teacher deeply regrets this mistake, and any suggestion to malign the presidency or make any comparison in this egregious way.

"The teacher admits to extremely poor judgment and short sightedness and will apologize to students. The school will also send a letter home to families explaining the incident and offering to address any additional questions should they arise."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/11/teacher-assigns-project-comparing-hitler-and-george-w-bush/15440065/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Liberal Indoctrination
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »
Jesus Christ Bum, this is new level of stupid even for you.

Yes, one woman's sole choice to do something that virtually everyone agrees is stupid is somehow "liberal indoctrination"

BTW - I'm sure some of the posters on this board would have no objection if only she had chosen to compare Obama to Hitler

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
Actually it was the liberal teacher that was "censored" here  so wtf are you talking about?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »
here's the thing - If she had just said "compare iraq war to WWII", she would have been fine.  A common task for students in history classes.  

There are some similarities.  Both affected massive regions, both were started on an elective basis, both involved land, bases, resources.  There are more differences, but they did have a lot of things in common.  Only a butthurt emotional-driven punk can't admit these things.   Only a sniveling cheerleading man reeking of santorum would claim they weren't both elective wars.  

My suspicion is that the teacher decided to let her hatred for Bush cloud her vision.  Talk about the actions of the countries and you're teaching history.  Talk about how bad these men were, and you're letting political ideology cloud your vision.  

In other words - talk about the countries ACTIONS and you're fine.  Try to be an armchair psychologist on leaders during wartime, sorry, save that for psychology class and then it's probably fine to study psyche of world conquerors.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
Actually it was the liberal teacher that was "censored" here  so wtf are you talking about?

This wasn't censorship by the teacher.  It was an attempt to indoctrinate students by the teacher.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
This wasn't censorship by the teacher.  It was an attempt to indoctrinate students by the teacher.

indoctrinate them into what ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »

Into Indoctrination.   Duh.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
I think that is pretty fucked up. I can't even see how this qualifies as a lapse in judgement - it showcases complete lack of judgement. Sheesh...

With that said:

"I think trying to compare Adolf Hitler to an America president is just not right"

You know what else is not right? Butchering the English language...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:26:23 AM »

FAUX Noise sheeple converts. What else?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:37 AM »
This wasn't censorship by the teacher.  It was an attempt to indoctrinate students by the teacher.

What?

you clearly don't know what indoctrination is as this is education which is in stark contrast to indoctrination. You may not like the taste of the subject, either do i, but you are off your rocker here, well usually.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 08:16:42 AM »
Yup nothing to see here either....... ::)
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
What?

you clearly don't know what indoctrination is as this is education which is in stark contrast to indoctrination. You may not like the taste of the subject, either do i, but you are off your rocker here, well usually.

You obviously don't know what indoctrination is.  You are trolling, as usual. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:47 AM »
You obviously don't know what indoctrination is.  You are trolling, as usual. 

you obviously don't know what indoctrination is.

Here's an example that you might be able to understand

notice they are not drawing Venn diagrams and other such nonsense

this is INDOCTRINATION

btw this is some CREEPY CREEPY SHIT

even just watching 3 minutes will creep out any normal person

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
I think that is pretty fucked up. I can't even see how this qualifies as a lapse in judgement - it showcases complete lack of judgement. Sheesh...

Completely agree. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:12 AM »

It was a stupid thing to do Bush is/was certainly no Hitler.

But unless it was part of a bigger picture its not indoctrination.

By the way you must hate the tea party, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:55 AM »

It was a stupid thing to do Bush is/was certainly no Hitler.

But unless it was part of a bigger picture its not indoctrination.

By the way you must hate the tea party, right?

No.  Why should I hate the tea party?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
you obviously don't know what indoctrination is.

Here's an example that you might be able to understand

notice they are not drawing Venn diagrams and other such nonsense

this is INDOCTRINATION

btw this is some CREEPY CREEPY SHIT

even just watching 3 minutes will creep out any normal person

How many kids were in that classroom?  Vs how many sheeple get their dail indoctrination from FAUX and Rush.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
No.  Why should I hate the tea party?

Remember the posters portraying Obama as Hitler?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:51:19 AM »

Of course.  Never happened.  You can't be a hypocrite without a selective memory. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »

No.  I have no idea what posters you are talking about.  I also don't remember the tea party portraying Obama as Hitler. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
No.  I have no idea what posters you are talking about.  I also don't remember the tea party portraying Obama as Hitler. 

::)

Google easily defeats hypocrisy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+party+obama+hitler&biw=1920&bih=969&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=naYhVLOaJ9ivyASg0oGgBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »

You got to be fucking kidding me...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »

How old are you? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »

When his hypocrisy explodes in his face, he always tries to either play stupid or fall back on arguing semantics.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
No.  I have no idea what posters you are talking about.  I also don't remember the tea party portraying Obama as Hitler.  

I believe you

selective memory is essential to the hard core right wing fundie

click the link below and you will learn how to do a google search

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tea+party+pictures+of+obama+as+hitler