Author Topic: 2014 Olympia - After 30 Years - Goodbye IFBB - no way Heath won!  (Read 5533 times)

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
2014 Olympia - After 30 Years - Goodbye IFBB - no way Heath won!
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »
I've been a fan and follower of the IFBB for 30 years now and after watching this year's Olympia I think its time to stop......

The IFBB has completely lost its way. All the true bodybuilding values have gone. Its just about politics now and promoting their favourite puppets. No way Heath won and no way he is worthy of being a 4 time Mr Olympia. There are no personalities and its just like a re-run each year. With all the drugs these day most of the top guys can't hold their conditioning so by the time the free posing comes along, they are all smooth and look like shit.

IFBB - Take a look at the line ups of the past, particularly the early and mid '90's and maybe consider saving the sport before its too late. I am seeing Arnold in November when he comes to the Uk and I will be giving him my opinion (and the opinion of most fans it seems!)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: After 30 Years - Goodbye IFBB
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:13 AM »
Emergency IFBB meeting this week to consider your threat.

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:03:39 AM »
Couldn't you make this politics argument since the days of Arnold?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »
I dont think the OPEE fully comprehends that no one gives a fuck.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:05 AM »
At least the 212 were better judged.

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 03:10:34 AM »
Does Ron know about this?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 03:22:07 AM »
Saw this on CNN just now.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 03:25:13 AM »
It's a conspiracy. Who does Ifbb dislike? gh15. Who does gh15 dislike?  Generation nothingness filt.
Therefore ifbb makes Philsuline mr Olympia.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »
Yes branch warren should have been mr Olympia

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 05:12:17 AM »
I've been a fan and follower of the IFBB for 30 years now and after watching this year's Olympia I think its time to stop......

The IFBB has completely lost its way. All the true bodybuilding values have gone. Its just about politics now and promoting their favourite puppets. No way Heath won and no way he is worthy of being a 4 time Mr Olympia. There are no personalities and its just like a re-run each year. With all the drugs these day most of the top guys can't hold their conditioning so by the time the free posing comes along, they are all smooth and look like shit.

IFBB - Take a look at the line ups of the past, particularly the early and mid '90's and maybe consider saving the sport before its too late. I am seeing Arnold in November when he comes to the Uk and I will be giving him my opinion (and the opinion of most fans it seems!)

x2.  Nothing new here. Bodybuilding has not changed, but you have.  Congratulations Trev.  You have grown up.  :)

But after 30 years of muscle addiction are you really going to quit now?  I doubt it.  :-\

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »
x2.  Nothing new here. Bodybuilding has not changed, but you have.  Congratulations Trev.  You have grown up.  :)

But after 30 years of muscle addiction are you really going to quit now?  I doubt it.  :-\

Has changed - No one can say the top 10 was in the correct order. 212 class was better. I'll continue bodybuilding but I'll still to local NABBA shows in the Uk now. Ifbb is fucked up

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 07:05:30 AM »
Has changed - No one can say the top 10 was in the correct order. 212 class was better. I'll continue bodybuilding but I'll still to local NABBA shows in the Uk now. Ifbb is fucked up

None of the bodybuilders in the IFBB care about their own health. (Branch has been on huge doses for over 20 years)

How much less do they care about losing you as a fan/spectator?

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 07:07:52 AM »

Phil just got the news

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 07:11:37 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »

I'm wondering which guys do you think should've beaten Phil in the last four years?

While not the greatest bber of all time, IMO, he's been the best of this current bunch.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2014 Olympia - After 30 Years - Goodbye IFBB - no way Heath won!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »

So because it is split 50-50 on how should of won the Olympia (Phil Heath vs. Kai Greene) and you didn't get your way, the IFBB has lost its way.  Um no... many who were there saw Phil win over Kai.  Phil's back was incredible.  And while this may not have been Phil at his best, Kai was thick, but started off slow (and then gained sharpness). 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »

News flash, Dorian Yates won with one good arm in the 90s. Let me repeat that, one good arm.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
Since phil now has 4 sandows.. beating jay. I am not recognizing the mr o as a real title anymore.

it is not even plausable to award him the highest title in the world with that 2014 package.

Standards have gone out the window!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »
THE MRO HAS NEVER BEEN FAIR ALWAYS SOME CONTRAVERSY.BREAK DOWN EACH WINNER ALL THERE WINS I'M SURE THEY WON SOME THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE,,

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »
Since phil now has 4 sandows.. beating jay. I am not recognizing the mr o as a real title anymore.

it is not even plausable to award him the highest title in the world with that 2014 package.

Standards have gone out the window!

I love jay.

But lets be real.

Phils worst is better O is better than Jay's worst O.

Jays best is only a little bit better than Phils best (so far).

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
I love jay.

But lets be real.

Phils worst is better O is better than Jay's worst O.

Jays best is only a little bit better than Phils best (so far).

Well yes.. jays best is better than heaths best.

jays worst towards the end is worse than phils worst but the gap is closing this year. Jay never showed a gut like phils except for some rare pics.

I agree jay should have maybe two titles.

But jay is solid, big, proportioned and complete. He had conditioning issues and a blocky waist as his drawbacks. But he had a mr o type herculean physique for a long time.. I can see that they rewarded that.

Dont get me started on phil.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »

SOLID FUCKING GETBIG GOLD.

Get this man a smoked turkey leg.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »

;D

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »

Definitely.

But who really beat Arnold?

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »
Mr.O  1982  Casey Viator was for me the winner, instead they placed him behind Dickerson and Zane
Mr.O  1980  Danny Padilla placed 10th, only overlooked ?
Mr.O  1981  Padilla placed 4th, he looked better than the winner Franco Columbu
Mr.O  1979  Mentzer vs. Zane
Mr.O  1980  Arnold the winner, one of the most controversial and debated competitions in bodybuilding history
Mr.O  1985  Beckles second at twice Haney’s age, he should have won
Mr.O  2002  Gunter Schlierkamp 5th  must be a joke

Just a few, cant remember all of them and its just my opinion...dont crucify me.

Mr.O 2014  Phil Heath is not a champ and the way he acts multiplys the dislike