Author Topic: Random weekly picture from your real life thread  (Read 191013 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Random weekly picture from your real life thread
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2014, 05:04:08 AM »
Monkeys on Red Fanta & on a wiry climbing frame

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »

took the dogs into the bush on the property today. fall is my favorite time of the year. there's a real sweet smell come fall in the bush. won't find many places nicer than an Ontario hardwood forest in fall.

b

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
Great pics guys.it puts a whole new perspective seeing we're all from different corners of the world and feeds  the curiosity to catch a glimpse of your moments  8)
S

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
beauty. maybe van island redwood forest?

this is madge. rescue himmie. her nostrils are so small she couldn't make it through the anaesthesia to get fixed and was considered 'unadoptable'. she's a hussy 2-3x a year.

when she closes her eyes on a white blanket, she disappears.

O
M
G

I die!!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:19 AM »
A desert I destroyed in 5 seconds this Saturday

S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2014, 05:53:24 AM »
New addition coming at the end of the month

Just need to bath them as they get dirty, ours doesnt go out much, lives under a blanket most of the time in winter, they are very affectionate and have a sort of dog temperament.
Guys you have got such incredibly beautiful fur babies/ hairless cat. This little thing is adorable. Reminds me of a baby gremlin.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2014, 05:58:46 AM »
Agreed, that little creature is absolutely adorable.

The white furry cat is very huggable too.

All in all, the pets seen so far all deliver.
S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:51 AM »
I cant get on board with the hairless cats

find them incredibly creepy
T

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2014, 06:24:31 AM »

The gremlins generation have been permanently scarred

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2014, 06:27:07 AM »
took the dogs into the bush on the property today. fall is my favorite time of the year. there's a real sweet smell come fall in the bush. won't find many places nicer than an Ontario hardwood forest in fall.

It sure is beautiful. This is dog heaven. All there instincts are on full alert. lol
That's what dogs need to be happy.

Simple Simon

« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »
S

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »

ya agreed w bigmc and Pedro regarding the creepy/ gremlins connection lol
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »

was raining here on and off and was too wet to ride (wet root= bad news) so put on my flannel and overalls , grabbed my sandvik (lightweight axe w razor sharp thin blade used for brushing) and headed out w the dogs to brush out some new snowshoe trail for this winter.

I came accross this- a deer bed. they congregate under boughs of tamarak as it offers shelter from the elements.

that area where I'm pointing you can see it's been worn down the leaves are not as bright as they have been laid on and trampled on.

the deer up here are considered a pestilence by some as they are so plentiful. in the bush you'll often see them as a flicker of motion catches your eye but you'll never hear them. incredibly silent for an animal that size running thru the bush unlike dozer who you can hear crashing thru it 3 minutes before you see him. lol

b

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »
was raining here on and off and was too wet to ride (wet root= bad news) so put on my flannel and overalls , grabbed my sandvik (lightweight axe w razor sharp thin blade used for brushing) and headed out w the dogs to brush out some new snowshoe trail for this winter.

I came accross this- a deer bed. they congregate under boughs of tamarak as it offers shelter from the elements.

that area where I'm pointing you can see it's been worn down the leaves are not as bright as they have been laid on and trampled on.

the deer up here are considered a pestilence by some as they are so plentiful. in the bush you'll often see them as a flicker of motion catches your eye but you'll never hear them. incredibly silent for an animal that size running thru the bush unlike dozer who you can hear crashing thru it 3 minutes before you see him. lol

haha...big clumsy thing.

Have you ever hunted and ate deer? I contemplated a hunter gatherer life style before, not feasible in central London unless I want to eat rats and immigrants.
S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
haha...big clumsy thing.

Have you ever hunted and ate deer? I contemplated a hunter gatherer life style before, not feasible in central London unless I want to eat rats and immigrants.
London is still flooded with rats??

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:53 AM »
London is still flooded with rats??

Yes, in London you're never more than a few feet away from a rat.

I was in Camden the other day and saw this huge fat hairy rat....but upon a closer look I realised it was Denarii.

S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2014, 07:14:06 AM »
Yes, in London you're never more than a few feet away from a rat.

I was in Camden the other day and saw this huge fat hairy rat....but upon a closer look I realised it was Denarii.

was it doing lat pulldowns
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2014, 07:51:20 AM »

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »
haha...big clumsy thing.

no. which is weird because my all uncles all hunted. my one uncle had a trap line. he'd trap and skin and sell the hides of the animals he caught. id remember spending nights in his skinning shed watching him skin hides. i kinda wish i had taken it up. i get now why he did it. in the bush, no phones in the middle of nowhere, about as close as you can get to being a 'man' living off the land and surviving. kinda makes you think about how fucking tough those people were who came here and settled it and cleared the land with no real tools and equipment. amazing.

i wonder what immigrant tastes like?
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »

so this is interesting. rock ledges like this are littered throught the property. what makes them interesting is that they are made up of slabs of stone abt a foot and a half high and anywhere from 2 feet to 4 feet in length.

there's a couple of huge boulders the glaciers left behind when they came thru here as well. I'll take a pic of one tomorrow. I've always found them cool.

I just thought this was a nice pic but the way the rock fragments like that is pretty cool.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2014, 02:50:56 AM »
so this is interesting. rock ledges like this are littered throught the property. what makes them interesting is that they are made up of slabs of stone abt a foot and a half high and anywhere from 2 feet to 4 feet in length.

there's a couple of huge boulders the glaciers left behind when they came thru here as well. I'll take a pic of one tomorrow. I've always found them cool.

I just thought this was a nice pic but the way the rock fragments like that is pretty cool.

You need to move them nearer to the house so you can see them out of the window.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
You need to move them nearer to the house so you can see them out of the window.

i got pretty good views here without having to go thru all that. lol
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
i got pretty good views here without having to go thru all that. lol

walking through nature

is the most therapeutic thing in the world

they should get all those fuckers on meds to go and sit by a lake or walk through a wood now and again
T

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »
walking through nature

is the most therapeutic thing in the world

they should get all those fuckers on meds to go and sit by a lake or walk through a wood now and again

it def does something to your 'energy'- not physical energy but your sense of well being and peace.

i have 4 bulldogs here as i have said earlier. they are treating my living room as a ufc cage as we speak actually. fuck. anyway every day we go out and walk for about 2 hrs. when we get back the dogs are so relaxed they simply just lay on the floor for hours after. instead of wrestling about like they normally like to do before i lose my shit. :D

b