Author Topic: Congresswoman can't explain Syria position. Typical of many getbiggers.  (Read 6869 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Typical.  They hate what obama is doing, they can't call for boots on ground (or give any number).  
They say 500 American weapons actions on ISIS in 2 days aren't adequate, but they can't say why.

AND This idiot voted in FAVOR of arming/training SYRIAL REBELS.  What a fcking hypocrite.

Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn crashed and burned during a CNN interview Wednesday afternoon when host Ashleigh Banfield grilled the lawmaker about her incoherent criticism of President Barack Obama’s response to the so called Islamic State.

Banfield quoted from a recent Blackburn interview when the Tennessee congresswoman said she wanted “more aggressive” action against ISIS from Obama, yet stopped short of calling for ground troops.

“I don’t know that I understand what exactly is more forceful than the position the president’s taken and what the president and coalition is doing,” Banfield said.

Blackburn replied with a vague non-response about how the president should be more aggressive without mentioning any specifics about what the president ought to do.

“I hear you, but I’m just not sure I understand what you’re saying though,” Banfield said. “What’s more aggressive than 47 tomahawk cruise missiles, four dozen aircraft, 200 pieces of ordinance, about 150 weapons with precision-guided munitions, all in just two days?”

“You’re saying the president needs to use ‘more force’ and be ‘more aggressive, using what?’” Banfield asked.

Blackburn just continued to avoid taking any firm position besides vaguely arguing for more aggression.

Growing visibly frustrated with Blackburn’s circumlocution, Banfield decided to confront the congresswoman directly. “Do you want to see boots on the ground?” she asked. “I want you on the record.”

“I want us to annihilate all of these terrorist organizations,” Blackburn began to respond.

“Yeah, we all want that,” Banfield said. “How do you want that to happen?”

“If the airstrikes and the campaign that you’re seeing right now isn’t aggressive enough, in your words, do you want to see American boots on the ground?” she asked. “Is that the aggression that you’re looking for?”

Blackburn refused to go on the record with a substantive position.

“This is a very simple question for a member of Congress to answer,” Banfield observed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Congresswoman can't explain Syria position. Typical of many getbiggers.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
Good grief.  Did the White House give that CNN lady a script?  Blackburn was exactly right:  get advice from the people who know how to get the job done.  Listen to them.  She shouldn't be pulling some number out of her rear end.  The president needs to call her for advice.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:58:05 PM »
These people are fucking annoying.

Why can't they just answer a straight question?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
Blackburn, at 3:30, is a STONE COLD IDIOT.   She doesn't know who is in the coalition.  She is entirely ignorant on what is happening right now.  She's condemning obama and she doesn't know we have other nations in the air next to us.  Unreal.

And at 4:30.... She likes to use the word "Annihilate" over and over, and agrees to just do whatever the generals want.  

She might be the stupidest person in congress, i'm not kidding.  Yes, you can respond with something an idiot said about an island floating over - - - But SHE VOTED TO AUTHORIZE FEEDING GUNS TO SYRIAN REBELS and has zero clue who's doing what over there.  

I'm speechless.  Yall gotta watch this.  Poor Tennessee.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
Yes, please watch this, so you can hear someone who understands how these kinds of decisions should be made, and how these news organizations are just an extension of a (Democrat) White House. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »
Good grief.  Did the White House give that CNN lady a script?  Blackburn was exactly right:  get advice from the people who know how to get the job done.  Listen to them.  She shouldn't be pulling some number out of her rear end.  The president needs to call her for advice.

Blackburn is a pussy who refuses to take a stand

in your mind becomes Blackburn is exactly right

go figure ::)

Can we put you on record now for wanting troops on the ground or are you you just as big a pussy?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »
I'd respect her more if she would just say "Yes, boots on ground".

Then we could debate how many, where to move them, etc.

however, her outright screams that obama is doing it wrong, but giving ZERO details of what he's doing wrong... 500+ attacks now, bombed buildings, oil fields, hundreds of dead bad guys... and we only hear about it days after the damage, so more could be in the pipes. 

She doesn't even know what countries are involved.  CNN had to tell her.  She continued to say "But we don't know".  yes, yes that is public knowledge. Maybe YOU don't know, but everyone else does. 

She's horrible.  Her only job here is to shit on obama.  She doesn't have understanding of this event other than "let the field commanders decide" and obama's giving the military free reign to blow up what they want.

The good thing is that aside from a few blind loyalists, most everyone is agreeing she's clueless here.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
These people are fucking annoying.

Why can't they just answer a straight question?

because they want to wait for the benefit of hindsight before they try and make everyone believe that they knew what to do all along.  just like everyone here is going to do.  they're no more or less full of shit then we are.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
because they want to wait for the benefit of hindsight before they try and make everyone believe that they knew what to do all along.  just like everyone here is going to do.  they're no more or less full of shit then we are.

yep.  you can tell the 4 that are running for prez next time - Hilary, Warren, Cruz and Rand all voted AGAINST feeding $ to syrian rebels. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
Yes, please watch this, so you can hear someone who understands how these kinds of decisions should be made, and how these news organizations are just an extension of a (Democrat) White House. 

LOLOLOLOL.

She wouldn't answer a question and her objections are pointless, more aggression? how so? she is just grabbing anything to disagree with Obama, like a parrot you follow along with her stupidity.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »

Blackburn is a pussy who refuses to take a stand

in your mind becomes Blackburn is exactly right

go figure ::)

Can we put you on record now for wanting troops on the ground or are you you just as big a pussy?

Here is my "on the record" position:  I support whatever the military advisers/commanders say is the best way to win this war.  If that means boots on the ground, I support that.  If it means purely by air.  I support that.  What I'm not going to do is pull a number out of my rear to satisfy some internet dumdum. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
LOLOLOLOL.

She wouldn't answer a question and her objections are pointless, more aggression? how so? she is just grabbing anything to disagree with Obama, like a parrot you follow along with her stupidity.

Why are you such a big Obama supporter?  What has he done for Canada? 

She refused to answer a dumb question.  Good for her.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
Here is my "on the record" position:  I support whatever the military advisers/commanders say is the best way to win this war.  If that means boots on the ground, I support that.  If it means purely by air.  I support that.  What I'm not going to do is pull a number out of my rear to satisfy some internet dumdum. 

Im not talking numbers.

You support ground forces then just like you did the first time the US invaded Iraq and created ISIS. Got it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »
Im not talking numbers.

You support ground forces then just like you did the first time the US invaded Iraq and created ISIS. Got it.

What you got is exactly what I said. 

The U.S. created ISIS?  lol . . . .

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:06 PM »
What you got is exactly what I said. 

The U.S. created ISIS?  lol . . . .

Of course its a wild stretch but if Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
Of course its a wild stretch but if Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis.

Yeah, because terrorist groups like Al Qaeda (of which ISIS is an offshoot) didn't exist when Saddam was in power. 

Oh wait . . . .

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
Yeah, because terrorist groups like Al Qaeda (of which ISIS is an offshoot) didn't exist when Saddam was in power. 

Oh wait . . . .

There was no Al quada in Iraq when Saddam was in power no. It was the GOP's excuse to invade but it was a lie.

Removing Saddam left a vacuum that ISIS/AQ filled.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »
There was no Al quada in Iraq when Saddam was in power no. It was the GOP's excuse to invade but it was a lie.

Removing Saddam left a vacuum that ISIS/AQ filled.

You said the U.S. created ISIS.  And that had we not invaded Iraq, there would be no ISIS.  History and the facts do not agree with you. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »
You said the U.S. created ISIS.  And that had we not invaded Iraq, there would be no ISIS.  History and the facts do not agree with you. 

I also said "Of course its a wild stretch but if Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis."

The vacuum Saddam left gave rise to Isis.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »
I also said "Of course its a wild stretch but if Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis."

The vacuum Saddam left gave rise to Isis.

No it didn't.  ISIS is an offshoot of Al Qaeda, which predated the Iraq war.  What allowed ISIS to take over cities in Iraq was the complete withdrawal of our forces when Obama/Biden sabotaged the SOFA. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »
No it didn't.  ISIS is an offshoot of Al Qaeda, which predated the Iraq war.  What allowed ISIS to take over cities in Iraq was the complete withdrawal of our forces when Obama/Biden sabotaged the SOFA. 

If Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis in Iraq. Of course they would exist elsewhere but not in Iraq.

So you would stay in Iraq forever?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 06:05:15 PM »
GOp doesn't have a unified position on Syria, Amnesty, or many other issues.

it is why they can't win national elections anymore.  "We hate the dems, but can't say what we'd do better".

I mean, an illegal lying inexperienced douchebag like obama has two comfy wins over a war hero and business genius...

the party needs to just make up its fcking mind.  feed the talking points to blackburn too, she is drowning on CNN, she has no idea what position to take here. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 06:13:51 PM »
If Saddam was still in power there would be no Isis in Iraq. Of course they would exist elsewhere but not in Iraq.

So you would stay in Iraq forever?

I would do exactly what we did in Germany and South Korea, which is leave a small force behind, which is what our military commanders recommended. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
And none of these tards will come out and say that it was a horrible idea to destabilize Assad , because Israel

Their pointy heads would explode if they had to admit that the best solution is to help the Axis of Evilz (Iran, Assad and Putin) handle this.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »
I would do exactly what we did in Germany and South Korea, which is leave a small force behind, which is what our military commanders recommended. 

Sounds reasonable.