Author Topic: Congrats Lou!!  (Read 15844 times)

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
Congrats Lou!!
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:07:02 AM »
'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/14/deputy.hulk.ap/index.html

Tuesday, February 14, 2006; Posted: 4:01 a.m. EST (09:01 GMT)
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The Incredible Hulk is now a county sheriff's department reserve deputy.
Lou Ferrigno, 54, who played the green-skinned monster on the CBS-TV show from 1977 to 1982, was sworn in during a ceremony Monday night.
"My father was a police officer with the New York Police Department; I've always had a high respect for officers," Ferrigno told The Associated Press. "I want to give back to the community, and I want to work with young kids, help them get off drugs."
Ferrigno began training to become a reserve deputy last September after passing a background check. He completed training in firearms, first aid, and high-speed driving techniques and was recognized as "an outstanding trainee" by Sheriff Lee Baca.
Ferrigno will serve at least 20 hours a month, help recruit new deputies and work with the sheriff's Youth Activities League and the Special Victims Bureau, which assists abused children.
Ferrigno was a bodybuilder before he starred on the TV show. The late actor Bill Bixby played mild-mannered scientist David Bruce Banner who, as Ferrigno, turned into a Herculean, green-skinned monster whenever he lost his temper. He switched back to Bixby's character as soon as he calmed down.
In recent years, Ferrigno has appeared as himself on the CBS sitcom "The King of Queens."
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Congrats Lou!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:16:19 AM »
as another marketing whore, i can tell ya it's no coincidence this is on the news, um, 5 days before the Ironman and 3 weeks before the Arnold  :-\

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:20:04 AM »
now there's the pot calling the kettle black...

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 04:24:23 AM »
he has great hair for a guy his age.
$

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 04:30:15 AM »
this must be a new thread. no comment about cops and steroid usage and him charging $20

Z

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 04:32:17 AM »
If his helping youth to kick drugs more power to him, He would be a perfect role model.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 04:34:09 AM »
If his helping youth to kick drugs more power to him, He would be a perfect role model.

I guess we'll see if he's selling autographs this month, or helping kids this month, the next couple of Saturdays.

BringItOn33

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 05:14:09 AM »
Hey kids if you all just give me 20 dollers i will tell you not to do drugs. If you give me 30 bucks i will take a pic with you .

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 05:17:24 AM »

If you give him $20 he will not give you a traffic ticket.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 05:46:02 AM »
as another marketing whore, i can tell ya it's no coincidence this is on the news, um, 5 days before the Ironman and 3 weeks before the Arnold  :-\

Isn't this a chapter out of your Marketing 101 book?  8)
Elevate Your Image.™

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 06:07:53 AM »
The reason he wanted kids not to buy drugs so that they have the money to pay him for the autograph.
I am a mini beast

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »
I bet he's making around $20.00 an hour!  ;D

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »
I guess if "Shaq" can go into law enforcement, so can Lou. Cool that he is giving back to the community 8)

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 07:55:17 AM »

What the hell does that have to do with anything?...LA County Sheriff's is way too big to even fool around with "another marketing whore" and for your information, he's working with kids and let me tell you, out here they need all the help and support they can get...i'd say out of no disrespect to you, 240, get your facts straight before you type away.

Lisa

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 08:00:25 AM »
What the hell does that have to do with anything?...LA County Sheriff's is way too big to even fool around with "another marketing whore" and for your information, he's working with kids and let me tell you, out here they need all the help and support they can get...i'd say out of no disrespect to you, 240, get your facts straight before you type away.
Lisa

Right, 240 was way off there.  Lou's swearing-in has nothing to do with the Ironman or the Arnold.  As if 99.99% of people in California even give a rat's ass about the Ironman or the Arnold.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:41 AM »
Right, 240 was way off there.  Lou's swearing-in has nothing to do with the Ironman or the Arnold.  As if 99.99% of people in California even give a rat's ass about the Ironman or the Arnold.

Exactly my point...

Lisa

firefighter b-4

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 08:17:03 AM »
at least he wont have a headack from the noise of the siren!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 08:25:47 AM »
He can't be a deputy... he's 80% deaf... WTF !?!?

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »
He can't be a deputy... he's 80% deaf... WTF !?!?

As far as i know, he's not on patrol, he's working with the youth and Special Victim's...probably more counseling using his 20%.

Lisa

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 09:03:10 AM »
I agree with a lot of this....

but I still applaud the guy

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »
So does this mean he wont be on the King of Queens anymore?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »
I betcha, people.

Big Lou will be capitalizing off this at the Ironman, Arnold Classic, and more.

He'll be wearing that badge, selling pics of himself flexing in the police uniform for $20.

Lou could have easily done all this without the hoopla and tv cameras.  He invited this and will exploit it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 09:13:38 AM »
Isn't this a chapter out of your Marketing 101 book?  8)

Which means Big Lou's marketing guru must be trapped inside the proverbial box.

If I was Lou's marketing guy, he would have done this in Nov, handed out present on Christmas, pulled a kid from a well in Jan,  and done something completely non-moral issue in Feb.  Hence catching the audience off-guard in March with a familiar guy doing something majestic.

It's no coincidence that after a long quiet, he does a steakhouse commercial last month, is on CNN this month becoming a cop, and the Arnold Classic is next month.

My prediction is, Big Lou will either hock his ware using the cop image, or worse, challenge Arnold to clean up his sporting event for a media firestorm that none of us needs and MSNBC would love on the tail end of the Olympics...  :-\

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »
I betcha, people.
He'll be wearing that badge, selling pics of himself flexing in the police uniform for $20.
Lou could have easily done all this without the hoopla and tv cameras.  He invited this and will exploit it.

Are you sure he invited the cameras, or that LAPD did to put a positive spin on their campaign, and also to interlock some of the pressure away from Arnold, and say that "Hey bodybuilders can do many things for the community.  Look at Lou, and not Just Arnie."

You're a horrid marketer 240. 

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
I betcha, people.
I swear, i'm in Pasadena every day and surrounding cities just as much...the buzz of the Ironman is the last thing i hear in the supermarket lines...his involvement has nothing to do with bodybuilding...SORRY babe!
Lisa