Author Topic: Congress to put off vote on Syria for 4 to 5 months  (Read 323 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Congress to put off vote on Syria for 4 to 5 months
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:45:49 AM »
Well, Boehnner sued obama for exercising too much executive power.  But in this case, he's willing to relinquish all control & decision making on these Syrian bombings to Obama.  No vote now, because elections are coming.  No vote in Nov/Dec, because boehnner doesn't want a lame duck vote (but he has plenty of other votes planned for the lame duck period).  no vote in January until new class is sworn in.  THEN they'll start to look at it.

Looks me to like he's punting on the issue.  Just like blackburn, just like so many repubs who are oddly quiet on the Syrian bombings.  They want to see how it'll turn out before they go on record with "I supported it all along" if it works, or "I opposed obama all along" if it fails.

I do'nt think people are stupid enough to fall for this practice anymore.  Obama voted "present" in congress and he was rightfully scorned for it.  And THIS?  This is having a chance to bomb al-Q in afghanistan in 2000, that's what this is.  This is nailing bad guys with their own damn oil refineries, making $2 mil a day to fund their evil acts... way BIGGER and better organized with 2014 technology- - -ISIS is way scarier than Al-Q was, no doubt about it.   Richer and modern, that's scary.  No sneaking backpacks of $ from caves - this is a group that's taken over much of syria, has their own banks and is printing money, and can communicate way better than "email drafts" that the 911 guys used.

So let's kick back, let obama do whatever he wants, and then we can all comment on it later.  Works for congress.  :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Congress to put off vote on Syria for 4 to 5 months
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »
cowards

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Congress to put off vote on Syria for 4 to 5 months
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 07:00:36 AM »
cowards

Even if the bombings are a resounding success, the repubs will still say things like "Oh, he should have done is sooner" or "Oh, he was just cleaning up a mess he allowed to grow in the first place". 

People say obama is a shitty leader, but in this case, Boehnner is FORCING OBAMA to take leadership role.  He's FORCING obama to do it alone.  He's sitting out, and keeping congress out with him.  "Do what you want, we're staying out of it because we have just to focus on elections, Christmas, inauguration, and THEN we'll jump in.  You take the reins on this one, Barry!"

If Obama is as inept and idiotic as they say he is... I'd think they'd be BEGGING to vote on this, to TAKE CONTROL of this bombing campaign, to steer obama in the right direciton.  I mean, they can pass dozens of social issue votes with zero delay.  When they want to deal with ebola, they vote in a week.  But this?  Nah, let's wait 5 months.

They're feeling the pressure, it's not just skinnyfat getbiggers whining about it:
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/congress-pressure-vote-syria-111269.html