Author Topic: i phone 6  (Read 1442 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
i phone 6
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:01 AM »
has it at last caught up with the latest android phones

I know they are still as fragile as fuck

im thinking of trying one or the latest htc
T

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
Re: i phone 6
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:40 AM »
I just got the Samsung Note 3, but will upgrade to Note 4 when it's released soon.

The iPhone 6 is a disappointment. Check out the reviews on YouTube.  I'll never go back to Apple again. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:40:39 AM »
I heard the iphone6 bends easy...

How's that possible ?

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:37 AM »
what if everyone just got a library card instead.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:48:05 AM »
what if everyone just got a library card instead.

Then nobody could call each other.
Y

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 07:07:10 AM »
I got an Iphone 5s - got it  free with a new car earlier this year.

They are decent enough phones. I'd always had Android before and basically there's not a lot of difference.

I think people get too emotional about brands anyway. Apple haters, Microsoft haters - rather dumb behavior if you ask me.

In terms of use, here's what I do with my smartphone...

- Make calls
- Browse the web when stuck bored somewher
- Runtastic for my runs/rides
- games to keep my daughter entertained in the car
- Music
- Camera
- GPS very occasionally

None of the above was significantly different between Android and iPhone - I do think the iPhones are good for the Music though.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
I got an Iphone 5s - got it  free with a new car earlier this year.

They are decent enough phones. I'd always had Android before and basically there's not a lot of difference.

I think people get too emotional about brands anyway. Apple haters, Microsoft haters - rather dumb behavior if you ask me.

In terms of use, here's what I do with my smartphone...

- Make calls
- Browse the web when stuck bored somewher
- Runtastic for my runs/rides
- games to keep my daughter entertained in the car
- Music
- Camera
- GPS very occasionally

None of the above was significantly different between Android and iPhone - I do think the iPhones are good for the Music though.

Pretty much this.  iOS used to be light years ahead in terms of overall smoothness, but Android has caught up.

To your point, I can't get why people just can't enjoy their own stuff, without having to hate what other's use, and try to constantly point out the other's flaws.
Y

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 07:26:16 AM »
Pretty much this.  iOS used to be light years ahead in terms of overall smoothness, but Android has caught up.

To your point, I can't get why people just can't enjoy their own stuff, without having to hate what other's use, and try to constantly point out the other's flaws.

its human nature brah
T

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 07:31:04 AM »
its human nature brah

To an extent - but I think that hating is in vogue right now.

I put this down to there being no serious developments in the world of recreational pharmaceuticals since the late 80's.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »
To an extent - but I think that hating is in vogue right now.

I put this down to there being no serious developments in the world of recreational pharmaceuticals since the late 80's.

I have to agree

life is better through a haze
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »
Then nobody could call each other.

Nah, there are cheap phone lines and cell phones everywhere that are super affordable and work perfectly fine....finding that is a non issue. 

The instant gratification everyone requires, the need for the newest gadget, the must have pocket computer....is it truly necessary? 

Soooo many have $600 phones, $1000 tablets and $2000 laptops for facebook primarily LOL.

I'm not anti-tech....I'm anti-"gotta have it newer and now" nonsense.

The ole library card is free and has more information available than the majority could ever absorb in their entire lifetime.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
Nah, there are cheap phone lines and cell phones everywhere that are super affordable and work perfectly fine....finding that is a non issue.  

The instant gratification everyone requires, the need for the newest gadget, the must have pocket computer....is it truly necessary?  

Soooo many have $600 phones, $1000 tablets and $2000 laptops for facebook primarily LOL.

I'm not anti-tech....I'm anti-"gotta have it newer and now" nonsense.

The ole library card is free and has more information available than the majority could ever absorb in their entire lifetime.

The ole library card so completely limited in comparison to the functionality of today's smartphones, that it's not really a fair to throw it out there.

My answer was to your comment about replacing phones with library cards, since you cannot call/contact someone with library card, unless they are in close enough proximity for you to throw it at them to get their attention.

Expanding the discussion to being about instant gratification is a different animal, and while I agree on the premise, I don't consider it a big deal if the person can afford it.
Y