Author Topic: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...  (Read 78870 times)

Simple Simon

Re: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »
The only issue I have with this type of workout  and Im not doubting its validity and effectiveness is that I dont want to become a "machine".
I don't want to have to train a body part 500 times a year, Im happy training it 50 times a year if its growing.
As no one said, you are not going to get 10 times the benefit.

Paula Bircumshaw one of the best bodybuilders ever to come out of the UK (famously flipped all the judges at the Arnold classic the wanker sign to applause from Arnold himself  ;D) used to train for about 4 months a year leading up to a show, the rest of the year she didnt touch a weight apart from aerobic sessions.
Her position was that the body grew and responded better to periods of rest and hard training, not consistently.

You stop getting DOMS the more you train as opposed to training a body part every week to ten days.

As again each to their own but taking it literally if I could look like i do without going to the gym then I wouldn't be there.
For me working out and training is a means to an end.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »
Sounds like how Reeves trained, 3X week, whole body each time, no rest between sets.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 12:40:57 PM »
The only issue I have with this type of workout  and Im not doubting its validity and effectiveness is that I dont want to become a "machine".
I don't want to have to train a body part 500 times a year, Im happy training it 50 times a year if its growing.

Paula Bircumshaw one of the best bodybuilders ever to come out of the UK (famously flipped all the judges at the Arnold classic the wanker sign to applause from Arnold himself  ;D) used to train for about 4 months a year leading up to a show, the rest of the year she didnt touch a weight apart from aerobic sessions.
Her position was that the body grew and responded better to periods of rest and hard training, not consistently.

You stop getting DOMS the more you train as opposed to training a body part every week to ten days.

As again each to their own but taking it literally if I could look like i do without going to the gym then I wouldn't be there.

Did she tell you this?

I used to see her train a lot at one point in my life and she was always working out at the times of year I'd be there - summer / easter / christmas.

She was a fantastic bodybuilder and if my memory can be relied upon was a really hard working trainer.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »
Did she tell you this?

I used to see her train a lot at one point in my life and she was always working out at the times of year I'd be there - summer / easter / christmas.

She was a fantastic bodybuilder and if my memory can be relied upon was a really hard working trainer.

I heard it from someone who used to compete with her around the same time in 89 and early 90s
If you knew her and you saw different then thats better than my second hand story.

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »
it's not even about growing, it's about the quality and density of the tissue.

Sorry
The only issue I have with this type of workout  and Im not doubting its validity and effectiveness is that I dont want to become a "machine".
I don't want to have to train a body part 500 times a year, Im happy training it 50 times a year if Im hardening up my muscles.
Fixed.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »

This is clearly not true. It is possible to sustain DOMS if you train the muscle again every third day.

However, sooner or later you will damage the connective tissue which seems to need longer to recover.

Injuries happen when rapid growth follows rapid increases in strength.

I have found that after the third set the reps drop significantly. If you were doing 20 reps you drop to about 12 by the 4th set.

Larry Scott used to do up and down the rack training with virtually no rest between sets. Just the time needed to put the

dumbbells down and pick up the next ones. It was a very effective but painful way to train. Few persisted with torture like this.

Training with little rest between sets over and over and using the same light resistance doesn't sound like the way to maximum hypertrophy to me.

Let us see what happens with Adonis. Will he be making gains after a month using this system?

the trainer

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »

I train consistently and still get DOMS by switching between free weights and machines, I take a break and just do leg press, hack squat and leg curls for few weeks, then go back to squat,lunges, deadlifts and stiff legged dead lifts and I am sore all week. 

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
I'm sick of hardcore training, to be honest.  I'd rather go in, get a pump, and leave feeling great!

the trainer

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
I'm sick of hardcore training, to be honest.  I'd rather go in, get a pump, and leave feeling great!

You are a pussy I bully guys like you in the gym.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »

c'mon man. your smarter than that.

you see absolutely no benefit as an anabolics user being able to train a muscle w 7x the frequency you do now?

I'm not going to talk anyone into using this. I don't need to. truthfully I hope people for the most part ignore it. I posted it as I made a commitment to people on this board that I would. 

like I said I'm not here to sell anything. if you want to try it great. if not that's great too. :)

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »
TA.. greatest troll in the history of getbig

Noone.. shut the fuck up old man. Anyone who knows shit about shit knows your books are shill bait and your retarded dinosaur ass isn't even profiting.

lol I'm having a difficult time taking your insults to heart given your weak enough to have been addicted to pretty much every chemical created and had to tape yourself to a chair to dry out, nancy. 

b

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
I also have a tip for anyone who is going to give it a try.  No One was not joking when he said, put all that stuff about weight and reps out of your mind.  What I found that worked from the start was, just picking one weight and sticking with it the entire exercise.  Don`t even count the reps.  Just do whatever selected weight and go nearly to failure, take a few breaths, and do the same weight again and so on.  Then next week or what have you, increase whatever weight you were using just by a little bit. (which is the way I will approach it).

Any before and after pics to actually prove the efficacy of this type of training and the results attained?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
This is clearly not true. It is possible to sustain DOMS if you train the muscle again every third day.

However, sooner or later you will damage the connective tissue which seems to need longer to recover.

Injuries happen when rapid growth follows rapid increases in strength.

I have found that after the third set the reps drop significantly. If you were doing 20 reps you drop to about 12 by the 4th set.

Larry Scott used to do up and down the rack training with virtually no rest between sets. Just the time needed to put the

dumbbells down and pick up the next ones. It was a very effective but painful way to train. Few persisted with torture like this.

Training with little rest between sets over and over and using the same light resistance doesn't sound like the way to maximum hypertrophy to me.

Let us see what happens with Adonis. Will he be making gains after a month using this system?

I have had DOMS all day long so far.  I just took a nap to get ready for my next session and I woke up with extreme soreness and the muscles all still with that pumped and aching feeling, so much that it felt like I had just worked out.  I also feel an overall increase in body heat and warmth, particularly in the muscles I worked yesterday. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Did Arnold get biceps implants?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
Is your IQ increasing as well?
I wouldn`t doubt that brain cells are getting more oxygen, neurons firing faster, synapes being more receptive to neurotransmission. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »
I wouldn`t doubt that brain cells are getting more oxygen, neurons firing faster, synapes being more receptive to neurotransmission. 

Where's the pics.

Proof is in the pudding.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
Where's the pics.

Proof is in the pudding.

lol fuck you guys are dense. I give you something that will 100% change the way you look in less than 9 weeks and you want pics.

pics?

I got something better than pics for you. it's advise. you ready?

don't do it. no sweat off my balls.

see how easy that was. carry on w whatever it was you were doing. good luck.

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »
listen up, boneheads.

there are people who will try this routine in earnest and find it to be everything I say it is. the rest of you fucking numptys like colon4life will sit and bitch and still look like the dork he is a year from now.

this is for those who want to better themselves. I'm not going to give you proof. I'm not going to give you pics. don't fucking do it. I don't care. when your done reading this go look in the mirror. see that skinny fat idiot looking back at you? that's exactly what your going to be a year from now. I gave you the opportunity to change that. but your rather doubt, mock and deride.

what I do care to do is help those genuinely interested in improving their physiques and performance. it's that simple. lol
b

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
listen up, boneheads.

there are people who will try this routine in earnest and find it to be everything I say it is. the rest of you fucking numptys like colon4life will sit and bitch and still look like the dork he is a year from now.

this is for those who want to better themselves. I'm not going to give you proof. I'm not going to give you pics. don't fucking do it. I don't care. when your done reading this go look in the mirror. see that skinny fat idiot looking back at you? that's exactly what your going to be a year from now. I gave you the opportunity to change that. but your rather doubt, mock and deride.

what I do care to do is help those genuinely interested in improving their physiques and performance. it's that simple. lol

Appreciate your help. I haven't tried it yet but plan on soon once my minor injury heals and I can go full out.

I know you said it doesn't give one 10x the results but I'm just hoping to be accused of being on something as a natural. Don't want to be anything like a pro, just well conditioned muscle.

almard

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
listen up, boneheads.

No one.

don't listen to the these loser.

your program is working. i have been following your diet, AAs and training for few months and it works great.
it require, people to change there thinking \ mind. which is the most difficult part of this program.

but yes. size wise, you may not be bigger, however, more quality, dens..ect

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
No one.

don't listen to the these loser.

your program is working. i have been following your diet, AAs and training for few months and it works great.
it require, people to change there thinking \ mind. which is the most difficult part of this program.

but yes. size wise, you may not be bigger, however, more quality, dens..ect

I am interested in maximum hypertrophy. Improving the body as a machine doesn't interest me much. I don't do aerobics, either.

If a new method doesn't result in increased size for everyone using it then something is wrong somewhere.

Let us be clear about one thing. The science relating to the body and especially the muscles cannot and should not be ignored.

If no one's method works then it has to be explainable by science. If there is something new discovered then those findings will

be part of the revised science of the muscles.

One question for no one. He talks about adaptation. Well, from my reading and personal experience I found that there are

specific adaptations. It makes no sense to tell people to do things for adaptation. You need a goal and then a method to achieve it.

In the 1940s bodybuilders did full body workouts three times a week. By 1960 most were splitting upper body MWF and lower body

Tu Th and Sat. That was a big improvement and bodybuilders were able to get bigger. By 1960 Dianabol was becoming fashionable

by the insiders and that changed bodybuilding forever.

dustin

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:13 PM »
Damn. I've been on a hiatus but I missed out on some good shit. no one and adonis are two very great minds.

Only skimmed over things but I've always known the mind-muscle connection was important. I haven't counted reps or sets in years and can't fathom training any other way other than instinctively and with nothing but 100% focus. That's why taking a few puffs of marijuana has always resonated with me (no pun intended). It's obviously not the only way and definitely not for everyone, but I've found a groove to workout in that works like none other for the shitty genetics and bodily structure I've got to work with.

Bookmarking this shit for later. Keep the discussion going please!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 01:44:34 AM »
seeing as you've never accomplished anything i don't expect you to understand this. minstrel.

the fuck are you going on about? which "science" is that exactly?

There are plenty of relevant studies in the area that concerns bodybuilding.

http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/pdf/S1550-4131(12)00503-7.pdf

http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/articles/mechanisms_of_muscle_hypertrophy.pdf

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 02:37:13 AM »
perhaps body building guru vince basille

can explain why he has looked like a fat turd for 40 years

who is going to take the advice of a creepy blob
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 03:33:25 AM »
perhaps body building guru vince basille

can explain why he has looked like a fat turd for 40 years

who is going to take the advice of a creepy blob

I contribute positively to this thread. How about you?