Author Topic: SI: swimsuit issue cover  (Read 27694 times)

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
SI: swimsuit issue cover
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »

what do you all think about these chicks?
pain day

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
Re: SI: swimsuit issue cover
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »
What is there to think about? Sexy topless women? I approve.  ;)
Lee

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 12:13:49 PM »
Thanks for posting that here-may be the wrong forum ::)

Also, none of these girls look like they have an ounce of muscle...not so sexy in my eyes
Jennifer

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 12:49:48 PM »
Also, none of these girls look like they have an ounce of muscle...not so sexy in my eyes

Wanted to field responses from fitness and figure athletes on how they view SI models. To the general public, these girls represent the pinnacle of health and beauty, but I suspect- similar to your response that from a BB view they might represent too little conditioning and muscular quality.
pain day

Doc Savage

• Getbig II
  • Master debater. Cunning linguist
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 01:02:25 PM »
These are fashion models wearing swimsuits.  They are not even swimsuit models, let alone fitness models.  I went through the site on SI.com - pretty faces but got bored by the lunch-lady arms and flab-abs.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »
As much as I like the muscular and/or athletic women, I am glad that isn't my ONLY standard of what's attractive. To each his own, but those are some pretty ladies from what I see.  :P
Lee

Sasha Ogata

• Getbig II
  • aloha sasha
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 11:59:25 PM »
 There The Hottest models in the world....

But, I dont think there the hottest bodies, I have ever seen.

Fitness women is like, whipped cream on your sunday.....
"I know Im ugly"

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 08:13:25 PM »
  Fitness women is like, whipped cream on your sunday.....

I have to agree with that:)
Jennifer

OWNER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • ACQUIRING INFO.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »
Heidi Klum makes any fitness chick look like a teenage boy.

I WILL OWN YOU

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »
Heidi Klum makes any fitness chick look like a teenage boy.

I'm sorry I don't quite get that.  So muscles on a female make them look like a teenage boy, ummm have you seen Val Waugaman?  Without the boobs wouldn't most supermodels look like gawky teenage boys?
Yes Heidi Klum has a very pretty face but so do many fitness "chicks" so please do explain.... ::) 
Jennifer

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »
I really like Heidi.  She has a very pretty face and great body but I really like her personality too.  She is always smiling and she is so cute when she talks.  Her voice is great and I really like it when she talks.  I think she would be a great girlfriend or wife. 

I used to be represented by one of the largest modeling agencies in LA called Prima.  Mlla Jovanovich(?) was represented by them at the time.  My agent dad is very very well known in Hollywood.  One of the biggest names in agents. 

Not to brag but at one time I was seeing a super-model.  She took second place in the Face of the 80's contest by John Casablancas and Elite Models.  She was on Good Morning America way back in 1980 when she was getting upwards of $10,000 a day to model.  She ended up marrying a guy named Leon Maxx who won Designer of the Year in the 80's.  Moved into a $16 million home in Beverly Hills but didn't live there the first two years cause they were renovating it and lived in their home in Paris.  She later divorced him.  Well they put the BH home up for sale.  A guy comes to look at the house and she was there.  They ended up liking each other and getting married and he bought the house and they stayed (I heard).  He is a famous Director/Producer Frank Mancuso Jr. 

The best thing I used to hear was from my friends when they would asked me why I broke up with Kimmy.  I said yea I broke up with her.  I don't think so.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »
their bodies are just not my cup of tea.....  and there are many fitness models who definitely do not look like teenage boys...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 02:53:33 PM »
their bodies are just not my cup of tea..... 

Even Giselle?

TMATX

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »
Too funny I used to love the models body type longed for it even went to extremes to be that thin....  After starting to work out I found all these pics of fitness/figure girls. I fell in-love with fitness/figure and have been working out for over a year with new goals of competing. I have new role models! The best part about it is that I am learning to love my body & take the best care of it, not loathing and abusing it to look a certain way (and yes I know that can happen in this sport too). Now I look at those models yes they are beautiful, yes "most" are genetically that thin with legs that go on for years, it's their body type. But like Dina said "it's not my cup of tea". I agree completely.
I think a beautiful body is a fit body.... at least some muscle's please! I always wondered why SI  never used women with at least some muscles on them it is "Sports" Illustrated....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 03:40:23 PM »
Now I look at those models yes they are beautiful, yes "most" are genetically that thin with legs that go on for years, it's their body type. But like Dina said "it's not my cup of tea". I agree completely.
I think a beautiful body is a fit body.... at least some muscle's please! I always wondered why SI  never used women with at least some muscles on them it is "Sports" Illustrated....

While you can certainly dramatic changes in your body via working-out and dieting, but let's face it, top fitness women have gotten a lot of help genetically.

Case in point:

TMATX

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »
Well yes genetics play a big role in many things. I guess thats why I gravitate t'words a fitness/figure physique. So my vote is for the Fitness/Figure Body type.  ;) But I am not gonna say those women are not beautiful they are. No doubt...

OWNER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • ACQUIRING INFO.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 09:52:07 PM »
their bodies are just not my cup of tea.....  and there are many fitness models who definitely do not look like teenage boys...

WELL FITNESS GIRLS ARE TOO LOW IN BODY FAT AND THEY HAVE SMALL BOOBS.  SOME HAVE TOO MUCH MUSCLE FOR WHAT I FIND FEMININE.

YOUR BODY IS NICE, A LITTLE TOO MUCH MUSCLE AND TOO LOW IN BODY FAT FOR MY LIKING, ALSO I PREFER NATURAL BOOBS.
I WILL OWN YOU

OWNER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • ACQUIRING INFO.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 10:02:39 PM »

Without the boobs wouldn't most supermodels look like gawky teenage boys?

NO BECAUSE SUPERMODELS HAVE WIDE HIPS. NATURAL BOOBS, BIGGER BUTT, AND LESS MUSCLE AND A HIGHER BODY FAT.  (BESIDES THE OTHER OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES).

FOR A MALE TO BE LEAN THE TRADITIONAL BODY FAT IS 8-12% WHILE IT IS HIGHER AT 15-20% FOR FEMALES.

I WILL OWN YOU

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 04:37:54 AM »
NO BECAUSE SUPERMODELS HAVE WIDE HIPS. NATURAL BOOBS, BIGGER BUTT, AND LESS MUSCLE AND A HIGHER BODY FAT.  (BESIDES THE OTHER OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES). FOR A MALE TO BE LEAN THE TRADITIONAL BODY FAT IS 8-12% WHILE IT IS HIGHER AT 15-20% FOR FEMALES.
I rezally do not agree with that. Runway models do not have large hips... hips depend on genetics... they also have no ass..and quite a few do not have  natural boobs.
Hipps, ass all have to do with genetics.  I have hips.. and I have ass...   so do many other fitness girls.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 04:40:22 AM »
WELL FITNESS GIRLS ARE TOO LOW IN BODY FAT AND THEY HAVE SMALL BOOBS.  SOME HAVE TOO MUCH MUSCLE FOR WHAT I FIND FEMININE.
YOUR BODY IS NICE, A LITTLE TOO MUCH MUSCLE AND TOO LOW IN BODY FAT FOR MY LIKING, ALSO I PREFER NATURAL BOOBS.

I agree I probably have too much muscle for you and that I am too lean when on stage.  It all falls to personal preference.  I much rather a girl with a tight bubble butt, small waist and killer curves

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 04:41:56 AM »
Even Giselle?

so thin...  The only one I liked was Cindy because she was not as skinny as the others. I remember the first time i saw a suimsuit runway show I cringed...many of them just looked like poles

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:48 AM »
  I have hips.. and I have ass... 

prove it :P

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:37 AM »
prove it :P
From the sample gallery of her website, fitdina.com:

Good enough proof for me  ;D
P.S.  I hope you don't take issue me posting these, Dina.  If you do you can just delete them, obviously.  I figured if nothing else it'll draw more people to your site  :)

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 07:15:37 AM »
lol  pictures from my site do not allow hotlinking..you have to attache them...  will see what I can do for u

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 07:41:14 AM »
hmmmm ..... im still not convinced .... got any more :P