Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 110433 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »
I suspect Hannity is going to bury Maddow the same way Megyn Kelly did.

LOL

been posted a few times already but not at all surprised how uninformed you are
Rachel Maddow Ends August As No. 1 In Cable News

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow had the most-watched show in cable news in August, ending the month with 2.783 million total viewers, according to data released by Nielsen Media Research. It was Maddow's second month in a row as No. 1.

Maddow narrowly beat Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity, who had 2.679 million total viewers. The remaining shows in the top five for the month were Fox News' Tucker Carlson (2.483 million), MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell (2.352 million) and Fox News' The Five (2.351 million). Maddow was also first among adults 25-54, the critical demographic to advertisers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2017/08/29/rachel-maddow-ends-august-as-number-one-in-cable-news/#24568e316b63

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »
Madcow eats vag - sorry bro

wow, cutting edge insight right there

and in spite of that fact she still beat Hannity and all the other Trumptards at Faux News for the last two months

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Here's the reality. All of these networks are dinosaurs, including fox. They're part of an old media model that's no longer relevant.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »
Here's the reality. All of these networks are dinosaurs, including fox. They're part of an old media model that's no longer relevant.

Nah.  Not when they are collectively still attracting millions of viewers.  We are no longer dependent on them for news, but they're not irrelevant. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
Nah.  Not when they are collectively still attracting millions of viewers.  We are no longer dependent on them for news, but they're not irrelevant.  

They're all in a secular decline. They're not gonna go away overnight but it will happen.

Then again, shit happens fast in the Internet era:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
They're all in a secular decline. They're not gonna go away overnight but it will happen.

:o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »

Then again, shit happens fast in the Internet era:

Print media is definitely dying.  The internet has killed hard copies.  It's all yesterday's news. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »
Hannity’s first ratings against Rachel Maddow are in — and it’s not even close

Nielsen ratings show Fox News' Sean Hannity trounced MSNBC's Rachel Maddow after moving to the 9 p.m. time slot. (Image Source: YouTube screenshot)

The first ratings are in since Fox News’ Sean Hannity moved to the 9 p.m. time slot to square off against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, and the competition isn’t even close.

Who won in the ratings?

Hannity trounced the liberal fan favorite Maddow with 3.27 million average viewers, while Maddow garnered 2.66 million viewers, according to the Nielsen data. In the key 25-54 viewer demographic, Hannity’s show received 666,000 viewers while Maddow’s show received 591,000.

When compared to Anderson Cooper’s show on CNN, Hannity performed even better. Cooper garnered less than half of Hannity’s viewers, with 1.45 million, and 470,000 in the key demographic.

Hannity also rated as the most watched cable news program for Monday.

Any bad news for Fox?

Although Hannity outperformed Maddow on Monday, the big picture for the quarter is less rosy. Fox News is down 12 percent in prime time from the same quarter last year, while MSNBC is up 43 percent.

Maddow also had the top cable news program for the quarter in total viewers and the key demo. CNN had the most total viewers in the total day count for the third quarter in its history.

Despite its competitors gaining some ground on Fox News, they can still boast 63 consecutive weeks as the highest-rated cable news channel in total viewers.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/27/hannitys-first-ratings-against-rachel-maddow-are-in-and-its-not-even-close/

James

« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
Hannity’s first ratings against Rachel Maddow are in — and it’s not even close

Nielsen ratings show Fox News' Sean Hannity trounced MSNBC's Rachel Maddow after moving to the 9 p.m. time slot. (Image Source: YouTube screenshot)

The first ratings are in since Fox News’ Sean Hannity moved to the 9 p.m. time slot to square off against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, and the competition isn’t even close.

Who won in the ratings?

Hannity trounced the liberal fan favorite Maddow with 3.27 million average viewers, while Maddow garnered 2.66 million viewers, according to the Nielsen data. In the key 25-54 viewer demographic, Hannity’s show received 666,000 viewers while Maddow’s show received 591,000.

When compared to Anderson Cooper’s show on CNN, Hannity performed even better. Cooper garnered less than half of Hannity’s viewers, with 1.45 million, and 470,000 in the key demographic.

Hannity also rated as the most watched cable news program for Monday.

Any bad news for Fox?

Although Hannity outperformed Maddow on Monday, the big picture for the quarter is less rosy. Fox News is down 12 percent in prime time from the same quarter last year, while MSNBC is up 43 percent.

Maddow also had the top cable news program for the quarter in total viewers and the key demo. CNN had the most total viewers in the total day count for the third quarter in its history.

Despite its competitors gaining some ground on Fox News, they can still boast 63 consecutive weeks as the highest-rated cable news channel in total viewers.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/27/hannitys-first-ratings-against-rachel-maddow-are-in-and-its-not-even-close/

HANNITY SOARS PAST MADDOW... DEVELOPING...

TUES. 9 PM ET
FOXNEWS 3,892,000
MSNBC 2,736,000
CNN 1,065,000

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »

HANNITY SOARS PAST MADDOW... DEVELOPING...

TUES. 9 PM ET
FOXNEWS 3,892,000
MSNBC 2,736,000
CNN 1,065,000

http://www.drudgereport.com/

To be fair, Fox has the right all to itself, but the other two have to split the left.

As I've said, it's an industry in decline for all the networks. Most tech savvy people have moved on already from television. I think the last network television show that I watched on a regular basis was Seinfeld and I'm a middle-aged guy. The younger generation doesn't even have a cord to cut. The last time I actually tuned into to a major network was to see the Kentucky Derby, and watching the commercials for their prime time shows I felt like I had gone back in time.

The news networks got a pop from the election but it hasn't lasted:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »
Hannity beats Maddow in first week of 9 p.m. showdown
Aided by big-name guests Bannon, O'Reilly and Limbaugh, the conservative wins the first battle of the cable firebrands.
By JASON SCHWARTZ
09/29/2017

In the first week of the head-to-head battle between Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, the conservative heavyweight drew significantly higher ratings than his liberal counterpart.

Fox News moved Hannity’s show from 10 p.m. to 9 p.m. as part of a broader shakeup of its prime-time line-up, designed in part to counter a dramatic ratings surge by rival MSNBC, led by Maddow, the biggest ratings winner of the Trump era.

Hannity pulled out all the stops, bringing in Steve Bannon, Bill O’Reilly, Paul Ryan and Rush Limbaugh to boost his numbers. It appears to have worked: The Fox News pundit pulled in an average of 3,498,000 viewers from Monday through Thursday, with 713,000 in the key adult 25-54 demographic, according to early Nielsen figures.

Maddow averaged 2,649,000 viewers, with 599,000 adults 25-54. CNN’s 9 p.m. hour — which usually features Anderson Cooper’s “AC360,” but this week had two special town halls — finished third, with 1,173,000 viewers and 416,000 in the key demographic.

Representatives from Fox News and MSNBC declined to comment.

Hannity’s big numbers allow Fox News to claim bragging rights and, for the moment, grab back the 9 p.m. crown from MSNBC.

On Tuesday, MSNBC announced that “The Rachel Maddow Show” had finished the third quarter as the top cable news program in total viewers (2.7 million) and adults 25-54 (606,000), according to Nielsen. It was the first time an MSNBC show has claimed that title for a quarter. The show’s Nielsen ratings had shot up 75 percent compared with the same period last year, leading MSNBC to its best ratings quarter ever.
Overall, though, for the 63rd straight quarter, Fox News was still the most watched cable news network, even with a schedule that has been in flux since the departures of Megyn Kelly in January and Bill O’Reilly in April, when he was forced out amid allegations of sexual harassment. Hannity’s move to 9 p.m. cleared the way for a new show for conservative commentator Laura Ingraham at 10 p.m., set to launch Oct. 30.

“The Five,” which had been occupying Fox News’ 9 p.m. slot since O’Reilly’s ouster, finished the third quarter behind Maddow, with 2.3 million viewers and 486,000 adults 25-54, according to Nielsen. It has since returned to its 5 p.m. time slot. CNN’s “AC360” was a distant third, with 1.2 million viewers and 403,000 in the key demographic.

In the third quarter, Hannity averaged 2.5 million viewers at 10 p.m. (533,000 adults 25-54), per Nielsen. The figure trailed Maddow, though the 10 p.m. hour typically has fewer viewers than 9 p.m. So, when Fox News announced that Hannity was moving back to 9, headlines buzzed about a showdown between him and his liberal foil.

Gemma Puglisi, a professor at American University’s School of Communication, said that once a ratings pattern is established, there will be value in the bragging rights. Whoever comes out No. 1 will benefit from added buzz and have an easier time attracting new viewers, predicted Puglisi, who worked many years, partly as a producer, at NBC News, and also had brief stints at both CNN and Fox News.

“I think this kind of battle is fueling people to watch,” she said. “Everybody likes winners.”

Megyn Kelly is pictured. | AP Photo
Megyn Kelly gets thumbs down from critics
By JASON SCHWARTZ
According to television analysts, however, it would be a mistake to overreact to Hannity’s good week. Moreover, they say, when it comes to advertising, the rivalry has only limited impact.

“I wouldn’t make a lot out of it,” Joseph Bonner, a senior analyst for communications and technology at Argus Research, said of the ratings. He emphasized that just one week isn’t enough to draw conclusions and noted that Hannity’s high profile guests likely helped goose his ratings. “Certainly bragging rights, but I don’t think MSNBC is going to be canceling Maddow or anything.”

More broadly, the ratings competition between Maddow and Hannity has little impact on advertising, according to Scott Robson, an analyst at research firm Kagan. While it’s fun for the networks to battle head to head, he said, the audiences for Hannity and Maddow are so different that the two shows aren’t directly competing for advertisers.

Just 21 percent of Fox News or MSNBC viewers ever tune into the rival network, according to Kagan’s numbers. “It’s normally a lot higher if you look at any other networks,” Robson said. “There’s not that big of an audience duplication there.”

He added that only five advertisers run commercials on both shows: AARP, AT&T, CenturyLink, Gain detergent and National Car Rental. Both Hannity and Maddow feature their fair share of pharmaceutical and insurance spots, but Robson said advertisers are almost certainly using internal data to cater to each show’s viewer base. Shifts in ratings, he said, were unlikely to cause a drug company to shift its ad for a particular drug from Hannity to Maddow or vice-versa.

Robson added that Hannity was likely aided this week by strong conservative interest in the Republican Senate special election runoff in Alabama. “There’s still many more shows to go and I’m sure that as the news shifts and guests change, we could see the dynamics go back and forth,” he said.

According to Brian Wieser, a senior analyst at Pivotal Research, if anyone should be worried, it’s CNN. Given the general growth in the cable news audience, he said, “CNN is significantly underperforming, Fox News is performing roughly in line, and MSNBC is growing dramatically.”

Despite finishing in third, a CNN insider pointed to 23 percent overall growth — and 32 percent in adults 25-54 — in the 9 p.m. hour from a year ago and the substance of the network’s programming, including a town hall this week on NFL player protests.

“This isn’t a zero sum game,” the insider said. “The partisan networks do what they do, while this week CNN had more reporters on the ground covering the humanitarian crises in Puerto Rico and had an incredibly informative and smart town hall.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/29/sean-hannity-rachel-maddow-ratings-243307

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2017, 06:41:59 PM »
Madcow eats vag - sorry bro

You like to eat Vag as well, don't you? so what makes her different from you?????????

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
You like to eat Vag as well, don't you? so what makes her different from you?????????

Natural law.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »
‘Hannity’ Tops Cable News In October With Second Largest Crowd Ever After Move Back To 9 PM
by Lisa de Moraes
October 31, 2017

Back in his original 9PM ET timeslot, Sean Hannity’s Fox News Channel program was the most-watched cable news program for the month of October, delivering 3.2 million total viewers and 686K in the 25-54 news demographic.  In total viewers, that’s Hannity’s second largest haul ever, and up 15% compared to same month last year. In the demo, Hannity jumped 27% in its first full month back at 9 PM

Related'The Walking Dead' Ratings Get A Bite Taken Out Of Them, Hit 5-Year Low
Hannity was sent back to 9 PM to battle MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show, which had risen to the top of the cable news ratings ladder. Maddow’s October’s stats – 2.5M viewers and 558K news-demo viewers – put her in third place, also behind FNC’s 8 PM ET Bill O’Reilly replacement Tucker Carlson Tonight (2.82M viewers, 581K news demo viewers).

Meanwhile, all of the cable news nets primetimes dropped for the month of October, compared to last year, what with October 2016 having included the final presidential debate/Election Day walk-up.

For FNC, that meant a 26% decline in total viewers (to 2.26M) and a 28% news-demo dropp (to 477K).

CNN took the biggest hit: down 52% in total viewers (to 919K) and down 54% in the key age bracket (to 325K).

MSNBC weathered the change best, declining 6% in the demo (to 1.58M) and 19% in the demo (to 349K).

http://deadline.com/2017/10/sean-hannity-cable-news-october-winner-rachel-maddow-tv-ratings-1202198409/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Getting my DVR ready.   :)  I love this guy.

Mark Levin set for a weekly TV show on FOXNEWS! Levin, who has sold millions of books and hosts a top-rated radio broadcast, was warmly received at White House last week during meets with TrumpPence. New FOX show will feature legal, political, social commentary. Expect fireworks!
6:31 AM · Nov 21, 2017
1,549 Retweets
4,188 Likes
https://mobile.twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/932979788460863488

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2017, 09:11:58 AM »
Getting my DVR ready.   :)  I love this guy.

Mark Levin set for a weekly TV show on FOXNEWS! Levin, who has sold millions of books and hosts a top-rated radio broadcast, was warmly received at White House last week during meets with TrumpPence. New FOX show will feature legal, political, social commentary. Expect fireworks!
6:31 AM · Nov 21, 2017
1,549 Retweets
4,188 Likes
https://mobile.twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/932979788460863488
Going to be interesting. He's not a company man and hope he stays that way. I wonder if he will be able to use his myriad of nicknames for the crazies.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Going to be interesting. He's not a company man and hope he stays that way. I wonder if he will be able to use his myriad of nicknames for the crazies.

Yeah, not a company man....not the guy that backed Bush's buddy Cruz when reality and his own audience was beating him over the head that Trump was just winning everywhere and going to be the obvious nominee. Stopped listening after all that. He took money to back Cruz is the only explanation I can tell. Also, if I recall he was a huge Sessions fanboy and all that Sessions has done is protect himself.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »

Yeah, not a company man....not the guy that backed Bush's buddy Cruz when reality and his own audience was beating him over the head that Trump was just winning everywhere and going to be the obvious nominee. Stopped listening after all that. He took money to back Cruz is the only explanation I can tell. Also, if I recall he was a huge Sessions fanboy and all that Sessions has done is protect himself.
Well, you probably should have kept listening....

He backed Cruz because he has a proven track record of conservatism. Backed Trump over Hillary for the election and stands up for him/praises him when needed and gets all over him when needed as well. Kind of hilarious how he is called a never Trumper by some and a Trump lapdog by others. I would call that objectivity.

A lot have been wrong about Sessions. A person has to be 100% infallible to keep in your good graces? In that case, better turn your back on Trump as you did Levin (after all he did pick him as AG)...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2017, 12:59:29 PM »

He'll have to tone it down a bit for TV, but I expect him to be just as hard hitting. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
Fox Most-Watched Cable News Channel For 16 Years
AMBER ATHEY
Media Reporter
01/30/2018

Fox News has marked a major milestone by being the most-watched cable news channel for 16 consecutive years, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Fox continued to dominate the ratings in January, snagging four of the top five most watched shows on cable news. “Hannity” claimed the top spot with 3,269,000 total viewers, besting MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” which brought in 3,033,000 viewers. Fox rounded out the 3-5 spots with “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” “The Ingraham Angle,” and “The Five.”

Overall, Fox averaged 1,494,000 total daytime viewers in January and 2,456,000 total primetime viewers. Comparatively, MSNBC averaged 1,001,000 daytime and 1,862,000 primetime viewers.

CNN finished third with less than one million viewers in either category, retaining 713,000 daytime viewers and 927,000 primetime viewers.

Fox News garnered 476,000 primetime viewers in the highly coveted adults 25-54 category, beating CNN’s 329,000 and MSNBC’s 412,000.

Despite Fox’s dominance, MSNBC has shown major growth over the past year. Compared to January 2017, MSNBC’s daytime viewership was up 45 percent and their total primetime viewership was up 51 percent.

Follow Amber on Twitter

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/30/fox-most-watched-cable-news-channel-for-16-years/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2018, 06:04:38 PM »
I don't always get my predictions right, but Hannity beating Maddow has turned out to be pretty accurate.

Sean Hannity Unrivaled As Fox News Cruises To Big February Ratings Win
Mark Joyella , CONTRIBUTOR
FEB 27, 2018

Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity crushed the cable news competition in February, finishing first with an average audience of 3.3 million total viewers. February marked Hannity's fifth straight month as the unrivaled King of Cable News, maintaining a wide lead over MSNBC rival Rachel Maddow, who finished the month in third place overall.

Maddow, who led MSNBC to record ratings in 2017, delivered a total audience of 2.874 million viewers in February. Maddow finished behind FNC's Tucker Carlson, who took second place overall with 3.144 million total viewers. In the advertiser-coveted demographic of viewers 25-54, Hannity led (711,000) followed by Carlson (650,000) and Maddow (641,000).

Fox News had four of cable news' top five programs, with Laura Ingraham's The Ingraham Angle finishing fourth, and Special Report with Bret Baier taking fifth. Fox News also won the 11 p.m. hour, where Fox News at Night with Shannon Bream had an average audience of 1.5 million viewers, edging out MSNBC's The 11th Hour with Brian Williams.

Fox News Channel has led all basic cable networks for 20 consecutive months and has been the most-watched cable news network in total day and in prime time for 194 months straight, finishing February with an average total audience in prime time of 2.8 million, down 3% from February 2017.

MSNBC, meanwhile, was the only cable news network to grow year-over-year, climbing 23% overall and 21% in prime. CNN had significant declines in February, with ratings dropping 19% in total day and 16% in prime, where the network returned an average audience of 979,000 total viewers--behind MSNBC (1.805 million) and Fox News (2.766 million).

MSNBC has now beaten CNN in prime for 12 consecutive months among viewers 25-54 and 15 consecutive months among all viewers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2018/02/27/sean-hannity-unrivaled-as-fox-news-cruises-to-big-february-ratings-win/#29b1d66967a1

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2018, 09:33:13 PM »
I’m just glad CNN anchor, Shepard Smith is on at a time where no one watches.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »
I’m just glad CNN anchor, Shepard Smith is on at a time where no one watches.

Best tie on cable TV.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2018, 04:55:59 PM »
Imagine how much dick cum gets sprayed on that face in a week.

Gross. Just gross.