Author Topic: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.  (Read 40340 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »
First... Obama? Really? He created the disease now I suppose... You're losing touch with reality there dude.

Second... From the article:

"The director continued to assure residents that the public isn't at risk because health officials have the virus contained."

Of course theyre going to say its contained, as they have to avoid panic at all costs.... can you imagine if they said it wasnt contained? Dallas would shut down, people would stop going to work.

How can they oossibly contain it when they have 8 days of activity they cant account for with the 1st patient, and a plane full of people they have to check and possibly quarantine?

I think the fact thay theyre trying so hard to downplay it is most telling, you remember how they always play up things like h1n1 and bird flu, but theyre going so far out of their way to ensure that no one gets scared of this. That terrifies me.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:09 AM »
Of course theyre going to say its contained, as they have to avoid panic at all costs.... can you imagine if they said it wasnt contained? Dallas would shut down, people would stop going to work.

How can they oossibly contain it when they have 8 days of activity they cant account for with the 1st patient, and a plane full of people they have to check and possibly quarantine?

I think the fact thay theyre trying so hard to downplay it is most telling, you remember how they always play up things like h1n1 and bird flu, but theyre going so far out of their way to ensure that no one gets scared of this. That terrifies me.

I do not get terrified... not by stuff like this.

I expect it will be similar to h1n1 or whatever.

What I do not understand is how they do not quarantine people or forbid people who have been to that stupid area from coming back to the US.

Sorry, but NO... not without a 30 day quarantine or something.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
I do not get terrified... not by stuff like this.

I expect it will be similar to h1n1 or whatever.

What I do not understand is how they do not quarantine people or forbid people who have been to that stupid area from coming back to the US.

Sorry, but NO... not without a 30 day quarantine or something.
Thats the thing.... weve already let it get out of hand. Quarantine protocols werent followed. A dude wandered around dallas for a week carrying ebola. A 2nd patient has appeared. There was a plane full of people, and everything they keep telling us to make everyone calm is exactly the opposite of what happens.

Thats what scares me. When they go into downplay/calm down mode, it generally means theyre scrambling to get ahold of a possible horrible situation.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:30 AM »
Thats the thing.... weve already let it get out of hand. Quarantine protocols werent followed. A dude wandered around dallas for a week carrying ebola. A 2nd patient has appeared. There was a plane full of people, and everything they keep telling us to make everyone calm is exactly the opposite of what happens.

Thats what scares me. When they go into downplay/calm down mode, it generally means theyre scrambling to get ahold of a possible horrible situation.

True statement... I'm not worried... yet.

A few more of these and I'll be wearing a white mask and gloves and shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 10:45:21 AM »

Sister: US Ebola patient said he was from Liberia

By DAVID WARREN and LAURAN NEERGARD
Associated Press

AP Photo
 AP Photo/LM Otero

World Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Multimedia

Ebola? SARS? Smallpox? Tour the Protective Suit.

DALLAS (AP) -- The sister of the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States says he told officials the first time he went to the hospital that he was visiting from Liberia.

Mai Wureh told The Associated Press that her brother, Thomas Eric Duncan, went to a Dallas emergency room on Friday and was sent him away with antibiotics. He returned two days later to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and was admitted.

Dr. Mark Lester confirmed Wednesday that a nurse asked Duncan on his first visit whether he had been in an area affected by the Ebola outbreak that has killed thousands in West Africa but that the "information was not fully communicated throughout the whole team."

The disease is not contagious until symptoms begin, and it takes close contact with bodily fluids to spread.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

The sister of the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States says he told relatives he notified officials the first time he went to the hospital that he was visiting from Liberia.

Mai Wureh says her brother, Thomas Eric Duncan, went to a Dallas emergency room on Friday and they sent him home with antibiotics. She says he said hospital officials asked for his Social Security number and he said that he didn't have one because he was visiting from Liberia.

Duncan arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 20 to be with relatives in Dallas. He began to develop symptoms last Wednesday and sought care two days later. He was released and returned to the hospital and was admitted Sunday.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Unreal
And this is the problem.

Didnt tell them he came from ebola land.

Walked around for a week.

In contact with school age children.

Etc etc etc

Many people will not volunteer informatuon that they may have ebola, because theyre scared to admit it to themselves, and to others. And those people could very well infect dozens of others... think of how many nasty people blow there noses in sinks, piss on floors, dont wash their hands....

Have bloody noses and just wipe it off and keep going.   

Etc etc etc

This is what scares me. The idiocy of people

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Will Fox cry about the ebola patient(s) getting free healthcare?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
Will Fox cry about the ebola patient(s) getting free healthcare?

well he/she is probably black so they are getting free shit regardless.   ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »
you really thrive off of the Chicken Little syndrome huh

Obama has been collapsing the nation for the past 6 years apparently as well.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
Let's not forget the kid can't get health care treatment in the first place because all the doctors have walked off their jobs and are burning/looting cities.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Just another "nice" thing from Wiggs continent.
 >:(

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 05:46:37 AM »
Obama has been collapsing the nation for the past 6 years apparently as well.

HEHEHEHEEH!!

Yeah, Obama has been great for the nation the past 6 years. Do you actually believe he has been a good president and NOTHING he has done in the last 6 years has been detrimental to USA???

Damn, there are still idiots out there supporting that clown.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:56 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777366/U-S-Ebola-victim-helped-carry-convulsing-pregnant-woman-later-died-virus-four-days-flew-Liberia-Texas-Four-neighbors-died-So-allowed-step-flight.html

HOLY SHIT

i heard about that late last night.   pregnant woman died.  her brother died a week later.  i dont know how this dude is still alive.  scary stuff. And this is the only one we're hearing about.  There are probably other cases where someone is sick right now and we just aren't hearing about it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
Yeah...had a puke party before they got him into a an ambulance. Tell you what...we're 72 hrs from anarchy if a few people get this. I bought an additional 1000 rnds of 5.56 last night
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 07:44:49 AM »
HEHEHEHEEH!!

Yeah, Obama has been great for the nation the past 6 years. Do you actually believe he has been a good president and NOTHING he has done in the last 6 years has been detrimental to USA???

Damn, there are still idiots out there supporting that clown.

That's not what I said.

Obama has done numerous things I do not approve of.

That doesn't instantly equate to the collapse of the USA.

A lot of presidents have done things I don't like, yet somehow the world still turns.

Do you not believe that Congress is just as culpable in the demise of the country as Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:32 AM »
That's not what I said.

Obama has done numerous things I do not approve of.

That doesn't instantly equate to the collapse of the USA.

A lot of presidents have done things I don't like, yet somehow the world still turns.

Do you not believe that Congress is just as culpable in the demise of the country as Obama?

Obama set the agenda and begged to be the leader.  He is the piece of garbage that put his selfish radical agenda ahead of the nation, it is he who appointed radicals and freaks to all levels of govt, it is he who appeased the terrorists and islamist jihadis and sand rats, it is he who crammed down obamacare, it is he who decided to race bait every opportunity he can, it is he who tried to advance an agenda no one wants.

F him  -  he has earned every bit of hatred directed at him. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »
Texas officials say 80 people may have been exposed to Ebola patient -NBC
Reuters ^  | 07:21 EST, 2 October 2014

Posted on ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2014‎ ‎9‎:‎01‎:‎16‎ ‎AM by BenLurkin

The health officials said 80 people may have come into contact with Duncan, NBC reported. Earlier, they had put the figure at up to 18, including five children.

State officials delivered the order on Wednesday night to the family of the patient, who has been identified as Thomas Eric Duncan of Liberia. Family members must stay home until Oct. 19 and not have any visitors without approval, officials said.

"We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease," said Dr. David Lakey, Texas health commissioner. "This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way."

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »
Texas officials say 80 people may have been exposed to Ebola patient -NBC

I hope people don't blame Rick Perry's preoccupation with his own criminal proceedings, for his inability to lock down this situation sooner.  It's good to see him on television now, taking charge.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
I hope people don't blame Rick Perry's preoccupation with his own criminal proceedings, for his inability to lock down this situation sooner.  It's good to see him on television now, taking charge.

Obama went to a fundraiser last night.   I really am at a loss of words for how worthless of a scumbag he is