Author Topic: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.  (Read 40203 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »
No......he is a failure of mass proportions that have been highlighted across many threads in the last week here. Obama is an idiot, he leads from behind. This Ebola thing is free chicken...close the borders to air traffic from Africa...empower the CDC to do everything they can. Lead....
Nope can't do it...can't keep stories straight, can't decide anything.

On race - failed
helping blacks - failed
helping the economy - failed
actively promoting energy independence - moderate fail
increasing welfare - success
destroying private healthcare - success  
destroying coal industry - success
Iraq - fail
rebuilding military - fail
Afghanistan - fail
Middle East - fail
Iran - fail
NATO - fail
Russia - fail
fail
fail
fail
fail
fail

this is what i suspected...

you've confirmed my theory regarding your view of this case and President Obamas perceived culpability

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2014, 09:08:28 AM »
obama sucks in a lot of ways, and I call for impeachment even tho some repubs will not...

but where he he say this?

O-fagget told us it would never come to the USA remember?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
obama sucks in a lot of ways, and I call for impeachment even tho some repubs will not...

but where he he say this?

He said that the chances of it coming to American were very rare.   He was dead wrong - as he is on everything

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »

He said that the chances of it coming to American were very rare.   He was dead wrong - as he is on everything

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

look it up yourself

WTF has Africa exported of value really?  Ebola Obama and Aids - FNG nice

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
It is deadly in the right conditions. It is an epidemic in the right conditions. But in my honest opinion and by the numbers, those epic deaths just arent happening in the us, and the post apocalyptic era these dudes are trying so hard to usher in (based soely off a hatred of the kneegrow in office) just isnt happening. There are 7 billion people on earth and 230 healthcare staff have died. In the US, there are like 310 million people...2 have died...this isnt the epidemic thats being reported

You are trivializing it again.  I haven't really studied this, but even the limited info I have heard and read show this disease is lethal.  I know a doc here who heads a medical practice group and he said they are developing a plan for how to deal with an outbreak and he believes one is coming.  Why shouldn't we take this seriously if the medical community is talking like that?

It sounds like you are downplaying this for political reasons. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »
Ebola in the Big Apple and Common Sense in Short Supply
American Thinker ^  | 10/24/2014 | Brian C Joondeph, MD

Posted on ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎56‎:‎03‎ ‎AM by SeekAndFind

So much for Ebola being under control, limited to Western Africa, and not a threat to the American homeland. There is now a new confirmed case in New York City, with three others in quarantine. Doctor Craig Spencer, recently confirmed with Ebola, works for Doctors Without Borders, and was providing medical and humanitarian relief to Ebola victims in Western Africa.

He returned to the US from Guinea almost a week before exhibiting first symptoms of infection. Arriving at JFK airport on October 17, he cleared the CDC’s protocol for “enhanced screening of all returning travelers from W. Africa.” No quarantine, either voluntary or mandatory. He is just one of many going through similar “enhanced screenings” at US airports on a daily basis.

Testifying before Congress last week, Obama administration officials, “admitted that 100 to 150 West Africans from Ebola infected areas are entering the US every day.” How many others might be in the early stages of Ebola infection, similar to Dr. Spencer?

Missing is the common sense role of quarantine. Not a novel idea. Quarantines were used in the 1700’s in New York for new immigrants, “To prevent the bringing in and spreading of infectious distempers in the colony.” Within three weeks, this infection plays itself out and those quarantined can be released with a high probability of non-infection. Why wasn’t Dr. Spencer in a quarantine, especially after having returned from the “hot zone” in West Africa, himself working with Ebola patients? As a physician, shouldn’t he have known that he could be infectious? Why not self-exile for a few weeks fulfilling his duty to “first do no harm”?

What about the hundred plus entering the US every day who are not physicians and cannot be expected to know better?

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
look it up yourself

you stated that he said that, and it lends to your argument. Now im just trying to see if your are a lying sack of shit.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
You are trivializing it again.  I haven't really studied this, but even the limited info I have heard and read show this disease is lethal.  I know a doc here who heads a medical practice group and he said they are developing a plan for how to deal with an outbreak and he believes one is coming.  Why shouldn't we take this seriously if the medical community is talking like that?

im not downplaying anything.. seriously... Maybe i have an inside look at things which is why i have subscribed to the whole "the sky is falling "non-sense" but im strictly going by the numbers bro... strictly by the numbers. I dont see how you let unfounded bullshit fly in this room when the numbers just dont back up this type of hysteria. Maybe political reasons?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
you stated that he said that, and it lends to your argument. Now im just trying to see if your are a lying sack of shit.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/01/chris-matthews-didnt-obama-tell-us-it-was-unlikely-ebola-would-come-to-america

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »
im not downplaying anything.. seriously... Maybe i have an inside look at things which is why i have subscribed to the whole "the sky is falling "non-sense" but im strictly going by the numbers bro... strictly by the numbers. I dont see how you let unfounded bullshit fly in this room when the numbers just dont back up this type of hysteria. Maybe political reasons?

Don't you think it's shortsighted to draw conclusions like that based on the number of deaths in the few weeks since this has become an issue?  I don't hear anyone else in the medical community downplaying it like that.  That's why I mentioned politics, because you are a smart guy, but your take on this doesn't sound reasonable.  

From my standpoint, I think the president is a proven failure who lacks integrity, but I wouldn't blame him for the people who are infected.  I do think the CDC acted like clowns by telling folks to self monitor and condoned flying on a commercial airliner.  

Also, when I see how hospitals quarantine those folks that tells me they are taking this very seriously.  

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »

The bitter fucking irony, you are the one using this shitty virus as a political tool. So far Obama is looking 100% right, 2 people? why are we even talking about it?

same shit with SARS, AVIAN FLU, H1N1, they actually killed alot of people though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »

Thank you for amending the "never" statement. 

And he was right - the chances of it coming here were rare.  Two people got in with it. 

820 million flights will come into the USA this year.
http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts016_13

I'd say 2 out of 820,000,000 is pretty rare. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
The bitter fucking irony, you are the one using this shitty virus as a political tool. So far Obama is looking 100% right, 2 people? why are we even talking about it?

same shit with SARS, AVIAN FLU, H1N1, they actually killed alot of people though.

As I said, I don't blame Obama for this.  How you figure I'm using this as a political tool?  I don't think it's a political issue.  The only "political" issue I have is with the CDC and how they have botched this. 

I'm talking about it because it's one if the most deadly viruses on the planet, with no cure, that used to be confined to third world environments, but has now made it to our shores.  That and the medical community, including people I trust and respect, are very concerned about it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: October 24, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Thank you for amending the "never" statement. 

And he was right - the chances of it coming here were rare.  Two people got in with it. 

820 million flights will come into the USA this year.
http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts016_13

I'd say 2 out of 820,000,000 is pretty rare. 

::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #341 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
look it up yourself

WTF has Africa exported of value really?  Ebola Obama and Aids - FNG nice
you say some dumb shit that i dispute

i say prove it

and you tell me to prove your bullshit lie?

are you fucking retarded

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
you say some dumb shit that i dispute

i say prove it

and you tell me to prove your bullshit lie?

are you fucking retarded

I posted the link - Obama was wrong - as always./ 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
In the unlikely event that someone with Ebola does reach our shores.... - Obama.

The CDC has taken zero control of this so they were forced to appoint a "czar". What the fuck...this was an easy thing to deal with from a leadership standpoint.  Closing off air travel from Africa is a step.....beefing up and detailing TSA steps dealing with air travel. ID'ing and explaining symptoms clearly, how its transmitted clearly etc are positive steps that they have botched each and every time. 
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
In the unlikely event that someone with Ebola does reach our shores.... - Obama.

The CDC has taken zero control of this so they were forced to appoint a "czar". What the fuck...this was an easy thing to deal with from a leadership standpoint.  Closing off air travel from Africa is a step.....beefing up and detailing TSA steps dealing with air travel. ID'ing and explaining symptoms clearly, how its transmitted clearly etc are positive steps that they have botched each and every time. 

this is my point.

This thing should have been no big deal if they just followed standard quarantine protocol and shut down travel from the affected area, and properly screened and quarantined infected patients.

But no, we have to do shit that completely goes against all doctrine for dealing with infectious diseases, because the letter of the textbook says 'ebola is no big deal, its hard to transmit and it burns to fast.'

Welp, the textbook says so, so theres absolutley no reason to be cautious or follow standard doctrine, right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »
As I said, I don't blame Obama for this.  How you figure I'm using this as a political tool?  I don't think it's a political issue.  The only "political" issue I have is with the CDC and how they have botched this. 

I'm talking about it because it's one if the most deadly viruses on the planet, with no cure, that used to be confined to third world environments, but has now made it to our shores.  That and the medical community, including people I trust and respect, are very concerned about it. 

Dude, there are many viruses that have no cure for example rabies, it has a vaccine, like Ebola will likely have. However in areas with high amounts of zoonosis you see rabies killing people and children brutally.

Ebola has been around for a while, I bet there have been cases before, it would look like other hemmorhhagic fevers, we would never test for it.

You didn't criticize obama for not closing the borders etc?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
So what's the point? NYC Ebola patient PASSED new 'enhanced screening' at JFK Airport
MailOnline ^  | 24 October 2014 | David Martosko

Posted on ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2014‎ ‎3‎:‎26‎:‎36‎ ‎PM by dennisw

Dr. Craig Spencer returned from Guinea on Oct. 17 The CDC's 'enhanced screening' protocols didn't flag him as a disease carrier because he had no Ebola symptoms 'He went through multiple layers of screening and did not have a fever or other symptoms of illness,' the CDC tweeted He spiked a 100.3-degree fever six days later and landed in New York City's Bellevue Hospital Critics are slamming the CDC and the Obama administration for letting west African travelers into the country while requiring airport screening that can't identify patients

Craig Spencer, the doctor whose confirmed Ebola diagnosis sent New York City into a tailspin on Thursday, successfully cleared the U.S. government's newest 'enhanced' screening protocols when he returned from Africa.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Dr Spencer, who was in Guinea treating Ebola patients as part of a Doctors Without Borders team, passed inspection six days before showing symptoms and checking himself into Bellevue Hospital.

The CDC's acknowledgement brought angry catcalls on Twitter Thursday night, as Americans realised Ebola could reach the US despite security upgrades introduced following an earlier case of Ebola arriving from Africa.

'Well then,' read one post, 'it appears your 'advanced screening' is a load of bull***t. Another failure by CDC.'

The agency moved quickly to try to quell online concerns, but the effort met with little success.

Spencer 'didn't have fever or other symptoms of illness during screening; reported fever to health officials for 1st time today,' the CDC tweeted.

'So basically,' came a tweeted retort, 'screen[ing] process doesn't work to detect Ebola carriers ... Sheesh.'

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2014, 01:22:05 PM »

Obviously you are a good American:

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »

WTF has Africa exported of value really? 

Homo Sapiens?