Author Topic: Martial arts schools are really day care centers  (Read 4402 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Martial arts schools are really day care centers
« on: September 30, 2014, 02:31:31 PM »
I was parked outside of a Karate studio and was watching through them through the glass. All little kids with uniforms and various colored belts flailing around. Looked nothing like Karate. Then an uncoordinated little fat fuck no more than ten walked in with a Black Belt on! What a money grab those places are.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Martial arts schools are really day care centers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
Arent you supposed to be like 100 yards away from all children hangout spots?

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
Arent you supposed to be like 100 yards away from all children hangout spots?
You're thinking of your mother after she got fucked by the Boy Scouts.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
I was parked outside of a Karate studio and was watching through them through the glass. All little kids with uniforms and various colored belts flailing around. Looked nothing like Karate. Then an uncoordinated little fat fuck no more than ten walked in with a Black Belt on! What a money grab those places are.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
You're thinking of your mother after she got fucked by the Boy Scouts.

Eh.

Kind of weak.

Even for you.

Its very nice of you to capitalize boy scouts, you must really "hold them" in high regard.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »
it is about confidence and discipline for little ones, fighting skills comes after.
I always thought these schools are the best thing for kids to shape up their personalities.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »

What you are describing is most likely taekwondo.

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »

Spider man does not agree with you.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »

As long as they teach the family values on which we used to rely.

Those seem to be lacking in many households these days.

Doesn't matter if they grow up as inefficient martial artists, as long as they grow up as respectable human beings with moral fiber with the family values on which we used to rely.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 03:56:07 PM »
As long as they teach the family values on which we used to rely.

Those seem to be lacking in many households these days.

Doesn't matter if they grow up as inefficient martial artists, as long as they grow up as respectable human beings with moral fiber with the family values on which we used to rely.
So they can say "thank you" after they get beat up?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
none of these little shits run faster than a bullet tho.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »
karate schools are day care centers yes. get it right.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »

were you parked in a white van?
I

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

on which we used to rely.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
H

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 04:41:01 AM »
that's why I got my son into scholastic wrestling,its brutally hard and teaches kids the meaning of hard work and dedication along with sacrifice,these things above I just mentioned r all elements that can help a kid succeed in life as well as sports.nothing against other types of martial arts cause I believe they all have certain moves that can be used to a persons overall arsenal,i just believe a younger kid like my sons(6-8) age needs a great grappling base for self defense from asshole bullies and in general. I told my son as long as his grades stay really good like they have been he can keep wrestling, I want him to do really well in life and get a good job and education, so he doesn't have to go thru hell and suffering like I went thru in my life
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 04:43:47 AM »
that's why I got my son into scholastic wrestling,its brutally hard and teaches kids the meaning of hard work and dedication along with sacrifice,these things above I just mentioned r all elements that can help a kid succeed in life as well as sports.nothing against other types of martial arts cause I believe they all have certain moves that can be used to a persons overall arsenal,i just believe a younger kid like my sons(6-8) age needs a great grappling base for self defense from asshole bullies and in general. I told my son as long as his grades stay really good like they have been he can keep wrestling, I want him to do really well in life and get a good job and education, so he doesn't have to go thru hell and suffering like I went thru in my life
The world needs more kids with self belief, discipline and determination, all the things wrestling brings

Oh and cauliflower ears.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 06:32:09 AM »
The world needs more kids with self belief, discipline and determination, all the things wrestling brings

Oh and cauliflower ears.

I would send my kid to Judo. No cauliflower, more technical, same as jiu jitsu but better reputation (Olympic) and more schools u can choose. Jiu Jitsu is the origin of Judo but was invented to practice in peaceful times. Sounds kinda weak but when Judo competed vs Jiu Jitsu first time in Japan, 90% Judokas won over Jiu jitsu. Judokas had better stamina and athletic due to their practice without getting interrupted. In jiu Jitsu cause of their lock up techniques u have to stop often during practice.

Boxing, Muay thais are great but only if I think my kid doesn't need his brain in the future. ;D

About Karate and other traditional martial arts, I think they were effective in different times than now. Only few insane guys would try to really harm or kill his opponent nowadays. Even Warmachine doesn't fall in this category. Only people that comes close are soldiers, but only special op. Think about how u would engage an enemy unarmed in a warzone. Would u try to knockhim out or use every dirty trick?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »

Oh and cauliflower ears.

Headgear, never step on the mat without it

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 08:01:02 AM »
he will kick the shit out of you by 13

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
Danjo gets it :D
Your sense of humor is great!  ;D
H

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »

Jup, just like all of the MMA fighters, or do you think they all have born with those talents, never practice any martial arts? Do you know what the 5 to 19 year old MMA fighter look like? It look like a tiny little twat with white pajama and black belt, running around of the floor of some martial arts school  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:46 AM »
none of these little shits run faster than a bullet tho.