Author Topic: Pct timing, and any merit to tapering test dose?  (Read 10687 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Pct timing, and any merit to tapering test dose?
« on: September 30, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »
Been on deca and test for about 10 weeks then dropped deca and ran test 500 for 4 more weeks.  Now I'm at 300 mg a week then next week 200, and planned on the dr scally pct.

2 questions, there any merit these days like in the 80s to taper the dose when coming off?

Also I was going to do pct one week after since I tapered the dose or should I still wait 2 weeks?
you are gay.

heenok

• Getbig IV
Re: Pct timing, and any merit to tapering test dose?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »
Im guessing you are using test enth or cyp, those are long esther they are self tapering. Just do your pct 4 weeks after your last shot. While the test is tapering down you can use some HCG, you wont feel "off" until you stop HCG and start those clomid/nolva medications.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
Been on deca and test for about 10 weeks then dropped deca and ran test 500 for 4 more weeks.  Now I'm at 300 mg a week then next week 200, and planned on the dr scally pct.

2 questions, there any merit these days like in the 80s to taper the dose when coming off?

Also I was going to do pct one week after since I tapered the dose or should I still wait 2 weeks?

People tend to confuse halflives for a cut off date and that in 2 weeks test enanthate will have left your system.

The reality of situation is the half life just dicates the rate at which the compounds decrease in your body by........half

If the half life of test e is 11 days and you've shot 100mg that means there will be 50mg of it left in you, 1800mg would amount to 900mg in the same amount of time, still way too high for your body bother producing any test of its own.

Stopping and starting juice isnt as simple as an on and off switch and theres a certain threshold free test will need to drop below before your body will even attempt to produce it on its own again.

Many people complain about crashing weeks into pct or after completing it and its due to the fact they werent even close to dropping below the threshold, still had a high amount of exogenous hormones in their system and basically wasted their entire pct. not going to go into depth on this but making sure progesterone derivatives are cleared before test is a must and you'll need to take into account the body is only going to react to the amount of free test that becomes available from the x amount of what test ester you've used.

So yes, tapering down allows you to get clear quicker than going cold turkey off a large dose.

I do this, I dont ever experience a crash and i go from 50mg of clomid down to 25mg  over a 3 week period only as pct.

Tapering up is pointless.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »
People tend to confuse halflives for a cut off date and that in 2 weeks test enanthate will have left your system.

The reality of situation is the half life just dicates the rate at which the compounds decrease in your body by........half

If the half life of test e is 11 days and you've shot 100mg that means there will be 50mg of it left in you, 1800mg would amount to 900mg in the same amount of time, still way too high for your body bother producing any test of its own.

Stopping and starting juice isnt as simple as an on and off switch and theres a certain threshold free test will need to drop below before your body will even attempt to produce it on its own again.

Many people complain about crashing weeks into pct or after completing it and its due to the fact they werent even close to dropping below the threshold, still had a high amount of exogenous hormones in their system and basically wasted their entire pct. not going to go into depth on this but making sure progesterone derivatives are cleared before test is a must and you'll need to take into account the body is only going to react to the amount of free test that becomes available from the x amount of what test ester you've used.

So yes, tapering down allows you to get clear quicker than going cold turkey off a large dose.

I do this, I dont ever experience a crash and i go from 50mg of clomid down to 25mg  over a 3 week period only as pct.

so if I tapered to 250mg a week that would take how long to clear?

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »

good post brother. I agree I would do a slow taper and start your PCT later then just a few weeks after your last shot if your using a long acting ester. I hate Deca and EQ because they take so long to actually get out of your system,you could test positive for deca for up to a year depending on the person.They are great drugs dec and EQ and this has nothing to do about when to start PCT.

what kind of PCT items are you going to run? I actually used to just start shooting HCG maybe 7-10 days after my last shot. You don;t have to be in a rush to start your pct as long as your not getting puffy nipples so still have some arimidex on hand. You don't have to wait a month or anything that long but 3 weeks is fine then start your post cycle drugs. You could still probably run your HCG about 10 days after your last shot. I have done the 7-10 days wait and the 2 week wait.

At this point I don't even believe in coming off of testosterone. I think of course you should come off any other steroid such as Deca,Tren,Masteron,EQ any AAS but nowadays I just say fuck it and I plan to just stay on a cruise dose of Testosterone. I never used rto think like that I always would think about doing cycles and taking breaks that last just as long as the cycle did. maybe even taking a litle longer of a break then however you were on for. say you were on 10 weeks take 12 weeks off

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
what weedle posted is true, however test E halflife is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 11 days, its 4-5 days and some folks might even metabolize it quicker.
there are a lot of guys who drop from 1000 test (day 1 after injection) to 300 or so (7th day) with once a week TRT shots

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
what weedle posted is true, however test E halflife is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 11 days, its 4-5 days and some folks might even metabolize it quicker.
there are a lot of guys who drop from 1000 test (day 1 after injection) to 300 or so (7th day) with once a week TRT shots

yeah and docs will give you a shot every 3 week...

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:22:43 PM »

yeah, its pretty sad. they got no clue at all...
even 1 shot a week is really pushing it for some guys. many start to feel a decline the last 2 days or so.

i also dont know why the fuck they dont use undecanoate or decanoate for HRT. that would make 1 shot every 2 weeks work.

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:07 AM »

damn I thought I got it bad I only get one shot of cyp every 10-14 days. my 10ml vial is suppose to last 3 weeks! I just don't think they really know how steroids work in the real world they are just going on data. I have to buy more Test because I have been doing at least 2 x200mg injections a week.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:13 AM »
damn I thought I got it bad I only get one shot of cyp every 10-14 days. my 10ml vial is suppose to last 3 weeks! I just don't think they really know how steroids work in the real world they are just going on data. I have to buy more Test because I have been doing at least 2 x200mg injections a week.

i think you mean 3 months, otherwise that would be a pretty nice HRT with like 800mg a week :D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 12:14:24 AM »
even 1 shot a week is really pushing it for some guys. many start to feel a decline the last 2 days or so.

i also dont know why the fuck they dont use undecanoate or decanoate for HRT. that would make 1 shot every 2 weeks work.

Its for hrt not for enhancement, you think the doc gives a fuck about you staying jacked?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »
Regarding comming off and pct.. I prefer to finish off on fast acting gear, usually prop and tren, so if your slamming bignumbers of sus/enth and decca, swap your compounds and run a 6 week fast acting cycle, get tight and come off

What tends to happen when you taper on long acting, you just look steadily worse and worse and when your down to 250mg a week you feel like your on nothing and you will be dreading the on comming months clean

But.... if you use that tapering time and switch it up, get nice and tight, just try and maintain that condition till your next cycle, I dont even bother with any pct anymore, I know my body inside out by now

I had a good thread on this the other year, on how to successfully come off, stay off and feel good about it...

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 02:56:29 AM »
Regarding comming off and pct.. I prefer to finish off on fast acting gear, usually prop and tren, so if your slamming bignumbers of sus/enth and decca, swap your compounds and run a 6 week fast acting cycle, get tight and come off

What tends to happen when you taper on long acting, you just look steadily worse and worse and when your down to 250mg a week you feel like your on nothing and you will be dreading the on comming months clean

But.... if you use that tapering time and switch it up, get nice and tight, just try and maintain that condition till your next cycle, I dont even bother with any pct anymore, I know my body inside out by now

I had a good thread on this the other year, on how to successfully come off, stay off and feel good about it...

how long do you take off between courses then? could you find that thread mate?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:51:32 AM »

Its for hrt not for enhancement, you think the doc gives a fuck about you staying jacked?

HRT is for well being though and the doc SHOULD give a fuck about your well being.

many guys FEEL BAD after 5-6 days. thats what i meant. i was not talking about dosages, lol. who measures dosages in shots per week anyway?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 01:01:31 AM »
HRT is for well being though and the doc SHOULD give a fuck about your well being.

many guys FEEL BAD after 5-6 days. thats what i meant. i was not talking about dosages, lol. who measures dosages in shots per week anyway?

Every cycle ever written down is in weeks... The doc knows fine well that after 250mg of long estherd test you are covers for well over a week, if you read the recomended dose in the makers instructions the dose should be even less frequent than that, more than 1ml per week is enhancement plain and simple, if you feel 'bad' you need to go to a psychologist

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 06:03:16 AM »

Every cycle ever written down is in weeks... The doc knows fine well that after 250mg of long estherd test you are covers for well over a week, if you read the recomended dose in the makers instructions the dose should be even less frequent than that, more than 1ml per week is enhancement plain and simple, if you feel 'bad' you need to go to a psychologist

lol you dont get the point.
i was talking about SHOTS per week. you obviously think 500mg shot once every 4 weeks is the same as 125mg shot every week?

it is BY FAR not.

the enanthate ester has a half life of 4-5 days. many people metabolize it even faster.

IM WELL AWARE of the fact that "true" hrt is no more than 150mg a week MAX for 90% of guys.

150mg shot ONCE A WEEK yields much HIGHER levels than necessary to feel good for the first 3-4 days and much LOWER levels than necessary to feel good for the other 3-4 days.

75mg shot TWICE a week would be a MUCH SUPERIOR regimen than 150mg shot once a week.

doctors got no clue and shoot 300mg or so (if youre lucky. thats kind of high) EVERY 14 DAYS.
this yields VERY HIGH LEVELS for the first week.
AFTER the first week your levels will essentially be lower than what they would be if the shots were split up (WITH THE SAME TOTAL DOSAGE OBVIOUSLY)

THAT is my point.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
i was talking about SHOTS per week. you obviously think 500mg shot once every 4 weeks is the same as 125mg shot every week?

it is BY FAR not.

the enanthate ester has a half life of 4-5 days. many people metabolize it even faster.

IM WELL AWARE of the fact that "true" hrt is no more than 150mg a week MAX for 90% of guys.

150mg shot ONCE A WEEK yields much HIGHER levels than necessary to feel good for the first 3-4 days and much LOWER levels than necessary to feel good for the other 3-4 days.

75mg shot TWICE a week would be a MUCH SUPERIOR regimen than 150mg shot once a week.

doctors got no clue and shoot 300mg or so (if youre lucky. thats kind of high) EVERY 14 DAYS.
AFTER the first week your levels will essentially be lower than what they would be if the shots were split up (WITH THE SAME TOTAL DOSAGE OBVIOUSLY)

THAT is my point.

You asume alot...

Re big Roland, yeh I take long breaks but I have totaly different goals than you, there's times I contemplate never using again, its a never ending struggle between rationalising training with and without.. why take away getting the most out of your training and looking very good vs being healthy and looking 'ok'

Complex Carbs

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »

STFU, comedian.

Are you saying you the gym rat could give valuable lesson to educated doctors?

Enanthate decline after 5 days you say?

You talking shit about doctors?

Try to inject a brain next time.

Complex Carbs

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »

it is BY FAR not.

THAT is my point.
No, you are an uneducated moron who read some internet bs.

Open up a medical book instead, you ignorant fool.

150mg real trt dose?

Really?

1 monthly shot 500 will give 99% exactly same results like 125 a week.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »

You asume alot...

Re big Roland, yeh I take long breaks but I have totaly different goals than you, there's times I contemplate never using again, its a never ending struggle between rationalising training with and without.. why take away getting the most out of your training and looking very good vs being healthy and looking 'ok'

Very true!   About 14-16 weeks into a cycle I'm like screw this, I'm not injecting the rest of my life, then I think I'm going to come off and stay off for a year or two.  Then 2 weeks into my pct, I start planning my next cycle, and tell my self, ok after this one I'll stop for a while!   Lol
you are gay.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:33 AM »
No, you are an uneducated moron who read some internet bs.

Open up a medical book instead, you ignorant fool.

150mg real trt dose?

Really?

1 monthly shot 500 will give 99% exactly same results like 125 a week.

so you say you will have as constant testosterone serum readings 4 weeks after injecting 500mg testosterone enanthate as with 125mg every 7 days?  ::) oh wow

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2333732

"Mean half-life estimates of the terminal elimination phase were 4 and 7 days for testosterone-enanthate and dihydrotestosterone-enanthate, respectively."

Now go troll elsewhere, gimmick.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 01:25:18 AM »
so you say you will have as constant testosterone serum readings 4 weeks after injecting 500mg testosterone enanthate as with 125mg every 7 days?  ::) oh wow

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2333732

"Mean half-life estimates of the terminal elimination phase were 4 and 7 days for testosterone-enanthate and dihydrotestosterone-enanthate, respectively."

Now go troll elsewhere, gimmick.

You know not who you speak to.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »
You know not who you speak to.
im not that active so no.
a gimmick or a retard obviously

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
COMING OFF - biggest waste of time in bodybuilding you may aswell of never have gone On, honestly just take your money and throw it down the toilet. once your body reaches homeostatis, you fat levels will creep back up your muscle mass will lower and you will be back to square one

PCT - the biggest scam in bodybuilding.

bodybuilders dont come off, never have never will. - health consiouse body builders EG guys that never made it pro, blast and cruise. most of us just change compounds and occasionally lower dose.

seriously if you just enjoy training just never go on steroids ig your going to come off, your wasting your time and money.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
Mizfit.... I agree with you upto a point, for real bodybuilding purposes comming off is a terrible idea... I dont think doing cy les now and then is a waste of monry tho... whats wrong with looking amazing for a period of time, you train year in and year out why not make the most of it when it suits you..

Its like saying whats the point of getting ripped if your not going to maintain it