Author Topic: 31 DAYS of HORROR  (Read 392417 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: 31 DAYS of HORROR
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
DAY 2
THE BLACK CAT (1934)

a newly wed couple find themselves caught in a battle of wills for revenge and evil intent between classic horror movie legends, lugosi and karloff. 4/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
DAY 3
BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW (1971)

a ploughman unearths an evil, skull relic, complete with a living eyeball, whilst ploughing a field in an isolated, 15th century english village.

he runs to get help, but the skull disapears before his return and thats when the fun begins. people, mainly the village young folk, become possessed by some evil entity. fur grows ('the devils skin') on various parts of their bodies. this fur skin is then harvested for the devil with the victim then being raped and sacrificed.

the beautiful linda hayden provides the nudity when strips bare, revealing her glorious 70s bush and pert boobs in her attempt to seduce the local priest. how he ever resisted i'll never know.

mood, atmosphere, creepiines and more in this classic british horror film. 4/5

Linda Hayden - Blood on Satan’s Claw ~1970

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 12:13:02 AM »
She returns in the sequel "Running Through The Bush".  ;)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
DAY 4
THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES (1971)

uncle vinnie at his melodramatic best here playing dr phibes, a man who has seemingly risen from the grave to exact his revenge on the nine doctors he blames fro the death of his wife after she dies on the operating table. each elaborate death is themed on one of the ten biblical plagues from the old testement.

phibes, mutilated beyond recognition after a car crash which was thought to have claimed his life, is assisted in his diabolical plans by the mute, and rather sexy, vulnavia. there is absolutely no explanation as to why she is helping him. she just is and that's it! 5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
DAY 5
DR PHIBES RISES AGAIN (1972)

uncle vinny is back from the dead, and this time he, his dead wife victoria, vulnavia, a lifesize clockwork band and his, incredibly, huge pipe organ (oo,er missus), are away to egypt to find the river of life so he and victoria can attain eternal life. this time though there is a rival who has his own reasons for wanting to find this secret to everlasting life. only, where there's rivals, there is people to die oh so more elaborate ways than before. 3.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
DAY 6
TICKS (1993)

ticks on steroids. literally, ticks on steroids!

a group of inner city kids go on a camping trip out in the wilderness. among them, the fresh prince's, carlton, playing a non too convincing la gangbanger. it doesn't take lomg before they run into the roid, mutated ticks. worse still for our kids, are the local yokel ganja growers, who are the ones unwittingly responsible for the mutant, super ticks, after tick eggs become contaminated with herbal steroid used to grow the weed super fast.

kids, ticks and the backwoods ganja growers all come together in a cabin where they not only have to fight the tics off, but also each other as well. its here that the only kid to actually die, fresh prince's carlton, dies. he's also the only black kid. oh, and his dog dies too.

its very much a b movie but its very good with exceptional special effects, which belie thie films budget. 3.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »
DAY 7
WER (2013)

starts of alright then gets silly. 2/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »
DAY 8
THE HILLSIDE STRANGLER (2004)

i'm sure that the film makers here didn't plan on making a black comedy, but it sure felt like one to me. the actor playing one odf the killer cousins, was doing his best joe pesci impersonations which was the cause of much, unintentional laughter. i should have been feeling desperate for these girls at the hands of these sadistic killers, but this dude was fucking hysterical.

the less said about the other fella the better.

there were some nice, dark, gritty stock footage scenes used of 70s la which were in stark contrast to the rest of the film. i liked those bits though and would've like to have seen more. 1.5/5  

man, her braless tits looked well nice under her tshirt.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
DAY9
THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE III (FINAL SEQUENCE) (2015)

more shouting than there is human centipede. worth a watch if you liked the previous two. has its moments but this is definately the least of the trilogy. 2.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
DAY 10
POLTERGEIST (2015)

sam rockwell looked almost as bored as i was. 0.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »
DAY 11
ASYLUM (1972)

yeah, the effects may seem kinda lame by todays standards. but if you wanna see an example of excellent directing, acting and stryline. then look no further than this superb anthology horror film from amicus. classic! 5/5

charlotte rampling :P

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »
DAY 12
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT (1973)

peter cushing and christopher lee team up to solve the mystery behind the deaths of a number of trustees of an isolated orphanage in the scottish highlands. it takes its time getting there, which made me nod off for more than a few minutes, but there's eventually a twist which reveals a dark, occult plot. 2/5

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »
I had been wanting to catch Wer as the  trailer made look more of an action than horror.

But tonight I'm enjoying The Evil Dead. The original. Getting set up for Ash vs. The Evil Dead on Halloween.  ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
DAY 13
WE ARE STILL HERE (2015)

haunted house story set in the 70s. a couple still mourning the loss of their son who died d in a car crash, look for a new start in a quiet, isolated house in a small, new england town. only this house has a terrible past, and the town a very dark secret.

there's some real chills in this film. especially during the first half. a 4/5 from me.

even at 56 crampton is still immensely fuckable. beautiful woman.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »
I had been wanting to catch Wer as the  trailer made look more of an action than horror.

But tonight I'm enjoying The Evil Dead. The original. Getting set up for Ash vs. The Evil Dead on Halloween.  ;D

there's tons of action but more in the second half.

starts off wirth a family of american tourist getting attacked (we don't see by who or what), then a suspect is arrested, then comes the investigation by his defence team who discover some shady goings on by maybe the police and local government. then shit goes batshit crazy and the action really kicks in. plenty of gore too.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
DAY 14
BRAM STOKERS DRACULA (1973)

this is a really excellent, made for tv film starring jack palance playing the role of dracula. easily in my top ten of dracula films. 4/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »
DAY 15
PALE BLOOD (1990)

a vampire investigates a series of deaths that suggest they are the victims of a vampire attack. he suspects otherwise.

pretty lame though wings hauser is a hoot 1.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »
DAY 16
BLACULA (1972)

the year is 1780 and our main character, prince mamuwalde, along with his wife, seeks the the help of count dracula in ending the slave trade. the count plays the cunt and turns our prince into a vampire, cursing him with the name 'blacula', then sealing him in a coffin inside a sealed vault. then throws the prince's missus in there to die listening to her husbands screams of torment.

fast forward to 1972. the prince, blacula, is accidentally released from his tomb by a couple of very camp, antique dealers who have just got a job lot deal of the now dead, count dracula's, possessions, incuding blacula's coffin.

after quenching his century's long thirst for blood, blacula hits the streets. it isn't long before he meets a woman looking the dead spit of his long dead wife. he then spends pretty much the rerst of the film winning her love whilst turning a few people along tyhe way.

william marshal is great as the count, coming across very much as a sympathetic figure, a victim as much as his own victims. 4/5

the two lead girls were gorgeous too. pity no nudity :'(

Denise Nicholas

Vonetta McGee

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »
DAY 17
THE FINAL GIRLS (2015)

yeah, yeah. it's pg13. and yeah, even though its paying homage to a sub genre of horror notorious for its 'unnecessary' nudity and gratuitous gore . there's absolutely none of either to be had in this here filum. but despite this, this really is a really fun and enjoyable little flick. not to mention well made and funny. well, my one gripe could be that one of the funniest characters was taking out way to soon.. or was he!!

anyway, if you're looking for a really clever (and it is very clevery made), touching and funny film for all the faminly this halloween. tyhen look no further. 4.5/5

i gotta be honest though. i kept thinking all the way through, 'imagine how fucking awesome this could've been if it was rated r (well, 18 for us brits)'

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 06:35:40 PM »
DAY 18
ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE (2013)

the great cast make this worth watching. there's not much in the way of horror, or plot for that matter. story thread  meander and go nowhere. 3/5

some nicely shot scenes of rundown detroit.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
DAY19
INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3 (2015)

this had no business being quite as good as it was. what spoiled it was the numerous, annoying cheap jump scares and the shitty acting by the fella playing the dad. what saved it a little was the performance from lin shaye. and to a lesser extent, the lass playing the daughter being haunted / possessed by the spirit. what fucks it up is a laughable appearance at the end of that red faced demon form the fist film. 2.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
DAY 20
TALES FROM THE HOOD (1995)

anthology. pretty good mosty. this guy was great though as the weird mortician. 3/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »
DAY 21
IT FOLLOWS (2014)

a direct play on the old horor covention of if you have sex, then you're gonna die. abd it does it very well. the pacing is kinda slow, but thats a good thing here. creepy and at times, unnerving. good stuff. 4/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »
DAY 22
CLOWN (2014)

i liked the clown origins mythology touched upon here. not sure how true it was though. this is the film eli roth produced after seeing a fake trailer and agreeing to fund production.

the way the fella came about the clown suit was just way to convenient. would've been better and more plausible if he found it in a old, mysterious costume or junk shop. i lol'd when he bit the kids fingers off :D 2.5/5

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
DAY 21
IT FOLLOWS (2014)

a direct play on the old horor covention of if you have sex, then you're gonna die. abd it does it very well. the pacing is kinda slow, but thats a good thing here. creepy and at times, unnerving. good stuff. 4/5

Been really wanting to see this one too. Mainly because I had a script over 10 years ago that was similar in premise.

Have you seen The Taking of Deborah Logan? Pretty decent found footage horror film. I enjoyed it, which is rare
for me to say with modern horror.