Author Topic: kickin in and joint pain  (Read 2476 times)

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
kickin in and joint pain
« on: February 14, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
3 weeks in since pinnin the right way "in the muscle and not fatty area" i feel the test kickin in....... leg press went up 50 pounds and so did bench and the mirror is looking really good already..

now after leg day i think i pulled a groin muscle from the increased weight..
where the leg connects to the pelvis on top ( not inner thigh) is gettin very hot and feels funny... its been like this for past couple days so ive put leg day off and been puttin liquid ice on it

also due to increase in bench i have still had perfect form but it put alot of stress on my left elbow** same with skull crushers

anything i can take to help aleve this (besides decca ;))

im currently taking msm 4000mg a day

ag-guys

• Getbig II
  • AG-Guys.com
Re: kickin in and joint pain
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:24:30 PM »
Only thing help me is deca

AG
www.ag-guys.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:04:07 AM »
3 weeks in since pinnin the right way "in the muscle and not fatty area" i feel the test kickin in....... leg press went up 50 pounds and so did bench and the mirror is looking really good already..
now after leg day i think i pulled a groin muscle from the increased weight..
where the leg connects to the pelvis on top ( not inner thigh) is gettin very hot and feels funny... its been like this for past couple days so ive put leg day off and been puttin liquid ice on it
also due to increase in bench i have still had perfect form but it put alot of stress on my left elbow** same with skull crushers
anything i can take to help aleve this (besides decca ;))
im currently taking msm 4000mg a day

If it's too much pressure, then drop the weight.

If your form is tight, then the majority of the load should be on the muscles, not the joints.

Stop bitching, Start lifting......

If it's truly something then you're body is trying to tell you something...

It's up to you listen to it.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 04:16:44 PM »
true true div...

well looks like leg day is off for this week... the pain in my groin got worse today... only when i walked arond or put resistance on it so im guessin i have a groin pull from the symptoms... im using standard protocol with ice and rest but if it gets worse in next 2 days ill go see the doc

as for the joints and tendons i guess imma pick up some decca and run it at 200mg's for joint support

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 04:35:48 PM »
im my opinion, u may just need to warm up more before lifting, expecially skulls which tend to be hard on the elbows. my elbows bother me from time to time with skulls, expecially if i start with them but once im warm, then everything is good. if ur going to run deca, use at least 400mgs and make it a part of the cycle, but again i would wait till another cycle to use the deca since ur already 3 wks into it and deca stays in the body longer making recovery harder than say, test. try glucosamine and see if that helps and if not, be careful of what exercises u use.

muscle
muscle

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »
well my groin now feels like the symptoms of maybe a sportsmans hernia... theres no lump yet and my balls arent swollen but the pain has gotten worse and sometimes in the crease from my thigh to pelvis it almost feels numb.. doctors appointment is tomorrow so well see..... hopefully its just a strain or pull

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 08:24:07 PM »
well my groin now feels like the symptoms of maybe a sportsmans hernia... theres no lump yet and my balls arent swollen but the pain has gotten worse and sometimes in the crease from my thigh to pelvis it almost feels numb.. doctors appointment is tomorrow so well see..... hopefully its just a strain or pull

If it was a hernia you would probably know when you injured it.

Hopefully it's not.  That surgery is not something you want.

DIV

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
well brothas it was a hernia but a very very small one.. doc said he can barely feal it so thats good news he says.. im being sent to a surgeon this week to see if he feels i should have an operation to fix it or to let it heal naturally since its barely there..

so hopefully well see... gotta work around legs now but no biggy... ive never been hurt or broken any bones in all my life (26 now) so it had to happen at some point lol.

ill keep you guys posted

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »
well brothas it was a hernia but a very very small one.. doc said he can barely feal it so thats good news he says.. im being sent to a surgeon this week to see if he feels i should have an operation to fix it or to let it heal naturally since its barely there..
so hopefully well see... gotta work around legs now but no biggy... ive never been hurt or broken any bones in all my life (26 now) so it had to happen at some point lol.
ill keep you guys posted

Yes, but a hernia is bad because if you go heavy you can always re-rupture it and that's no joke..

DIV

J-Land_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Grooooooowin'
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 07:13:19 PM »
Yes, but a hernia is bad because if you go heavy you can always re-rupture it and that's no joke..
DIV

Request the surgery if you wanna stay in this game for the long term.  Tell the doc you are a bodybuilder and request that they put in some high quality mesh and not just sew up the hole.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »
Request the surgery if you wanna stay in this game for the long term.  Tell the doc you are a bodybuilder and request that they put in some high quality mesh and not just sew up the hole.

^Concur w/ Joseph.

Have him go in and make sure the area is stable and then reinforce that area with mesh, it appears you have a weak abdominal wall. 

I think hernia's are genetic.  I feel bad for those who are predisposed, can't imagine lifting heavy knowing you could blow intestines any second.

That's a sick feeling......

DIV

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
well im in better mood now... after tons of research on mens health and herniainfo.com and the likes ive discovered that the operation isnt that bad... it only takes up to 30 mins and is an outpatient proceudre so ill b walking around the next day.. herniainfo also even stated a story that a mr universe bodybuilder (forgot the name) had the surgery then was back in gym next day... not to say im gonna do this, but  it makes me feel alot better..
and yes the surgery they do is with the mesh.. ill  just make sure to ask for the beffed up version
and div they say the chances of it rerupturing when you have this operation is 1-10% so thats some pretty good odds
but this time yes i will have to train legs smart........ still heavy weights just not pushing weights to the point that im blackin out (tunnel vision) cause im straining so hard ;)   thats how hard core i was taking it last wed...
train smart ;)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 03:19:42 AM »
well im in better mood now... after tons of research on mens health and herniainfo.com and the likes ive discovered that the operation isnt that bad... it only takes up to 30 mins and is an outpatient proceudre so ill b walking around the next day.. herniainfo also even stated a story that a mr universe bodybuilder (forgot the name) had the surgery then was back in gym next day... not to say im gonna do this, but  it makes me feel alot better..
and yes the surgery they do is with the mesh.. ill  just make sure to ask for the beffed up version
and div they say the chances of it rerupturing when you have this operation is 1-10% so thats some pretty good odds
but this time yes i will have to train legs smart........ still heavy weights just not pushing weights to the point that im blackin out (tunnel vision) cause im straining so hard ;)   thats how hard core i was taking it last wed...
train smart ;)

I wish you best of luck, broVinci....

I just find that for me it's ball to the wall for all lifts, so I'd hate to have that feeling in the back of my mind to hold back because of the surgery.

I'm an all or nothing type cat...........all out or not at all.....

I wish you the best in this.

DIV

J-Land_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Grooooooowin'
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »
I wish you best of luck, broVinci....
I just find that for me it's ball to the wall for all lifts, so I'd hate to have that feeling in the back of my mind to hold back because of the surgery.
I'm an all or nothing type cat...........all out or not at all.....
I wish you the best in this.
DIV

talk about fuckin' with a guys concentration.  How do you lift big with that on your mind???  You don't :(

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 01:46:51 AM »
talk about fuckin' with a guys concentration.  How do you lift big with that on your mind???  You don't :(

Exactly.

Any second knowing your intestines could rip through your abdominal wall is a sick thought.  Not something I can imagine lifting with.

DIV