Author Topic: dumbest manager in baseball  (Read 7455 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
dumbest manager in baseball
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: dumbest manager in baseball
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »
he should be fired .....
F

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 12:19:40 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:44 AM »
I didn't watch the series what did he do?

On the surface, Kershaw wasn't Kershaw for one start, and one inning in another.  What happened?
Y

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »
I didn't watch the series what did he do?

On the surface, Kershaw wasn't Kershaw for one start, and one inning in another.  What happened?

One example

He sat out one of their best offensive players(Puig) in the clinching game.  Then at the end of that game when they still had a chance to win, he brought Puig in.........as a pinch runner.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
One example

He sat out one of their best offensive players(Puig) in the clinching game.  Then at the end of that game when they still had a chance to win, he brought Puig in.........as a pinch runner.

Was there something disciplinary again for Puig, or just slumping?  Seems an odd move.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
Was there something disciplinary again for Puig, or just slumping?  Seems an odd move.
it wasn't that so much as in the first game kershaw pitched he was sailing along with a 6-1 lead , but mattingly didn't realize he was tiring and he left him in too long. not that  big a deal  but next game he did the exact same thing... you know the definition of insanity....
F

macgarth

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
Kershaw is the ace of aces and he's going to get the chance to work out of trouble 9 times out of 10. Kershaw happened to hang a curveball to Matt Adams who happened to hit it out. It sucks for the Dodgers that Adams took him yard but a lefty on lefty matchup with Kershaw vs Adams, how many times do you honestly pick Adams to come out the victor?

The Puig pinch running decision was just weird. I would love to know the thought process on this.

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 06:37:21 PM »
Kershaw is the ace of aces and he's going to get the chance to work out of trouble 9 times out of 10. Kershaw happened to hang a curveball to Matt Adams who happened to hit it out. It sucks for the Dodgers that Adams took him yard but a lefty on lefty matchup with Kershaw vs Adams, how many times do you honestly pick Adams to come out the victor?

The Puig pinch running decision was just weird. I would love to know the thought process on this.
A fair analysis.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 03:42:51 AM »

No disciplinary issue.  Puig had been striking out a lot but he did hit a big triple in the previous game.

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 03:43:33 AM »
If the Dodgers would have won, he would have been labeled a genius.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 04:36:41 AM »
No disciplinary issue.  Puig had been striking out a lot but he did hit a big triple in the previous game.

I think he should let his hitters hit.  BUT, I don't have an issue leaving Kershaw in, for the reasons the new guy posted above.  Kershaw gets that benefit, and there are a ton of managers who don't want to be the guy who pull the ace and lets the bullpen lose it.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:29 AM »
Mattingly should get one more year. World Series appearance or bust.