Author Topic: Has anyone ever heard of global warming?  (Read 1464 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Has anyone ever heard of global warming?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:21:54 AM »
Ebola will wreck the economy first, and then kill us all before anything else happens.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
No one gives a shit fool.  Go back to bed

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »
Ebola will wreck the economy first, and then kill us all before anything else happens.

Yes I think so, ebola is the new aids.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
We are doomed. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 09:18:40 AM »
No one gives a shit fool.  Go back to bed

alright, off to bed I go.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »
Didn't read, but.....

No such thing as global warming.  The planet gets warm, the planet gets cold.  Shit happens.  Nothing to do with us. 

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
Didn't read, but.....

No such thing as global warming.  The planet gets warm, the planet gets cold.  Shit happens.  Nothing to do with us.  

Let us both come at this from a completely neutral perspective - take humans out of the equation altogether for a moment.

Some unbiased facts:

- The Earth's atmosphere is composed of several gaseous elements with nitrogen and oxygen comprising the vast majority of it.
- The remaining atmosphere is made up of argon and trace elements among which are the "greenhouse gases" including CO2, nitrous oxide, methane and ozone.
- These greenhouse gases share the properties of being able to absorb and emit solar radiation.
- When the suns radiation reaches the atmosphere, much of its radiation is absorbed by these gases (they act as a protective filter toward the Earth's surface). It is for this reason that the Earth's surface does not reach extremely high temperatures during daylight hours (compared with Mars for example, located a similar distance from the Sun's radiation).
- Similarly, the radiation that does pass through the atmosphere and is reflected back off the Earth's surface is absorbed before it leaves the atmosphere. In this way, the atmosphere acts as a insulation blanket, with the greenhouse gases trapping radiation on its way out and keeping the Earth's surface warm enough during sundown (for example temperatures on Mars at night plummet to well below freezing as there is no atmosphere to keep the surface insulated).

So... we have established that the certain gaseous elements in the Earth's atmosphere (CO2, methane, ozone, nitrous oxide etc) trap solar radiation reflected back off the Earth's surface (i.e. heat waves) thus insulating the Earth's surface and keeping it from dropping to below freezing point at night time. At no point have I mentioned carbon emissions or fossil fuels or human activity, just stated some facts about the Earth.

So here is my question - considering the facts, what do you think would happen if the concentration of greenhouse gases (CO2, methane, ozone etc) increased in the Earth's atmosphere?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »

So here is my question - considering the facts, what do you think would happen if the concentration of greenhouse gases (CO2, methane, ozone etc) increased in the Earth's atmosphere?

Asking questions is great but at a certain point the global warming fanatics have to provide some hard evidence that...

A.  The planet is actually getting hotter

B.  Human beings are the cause.

C.  There is a measurable way to reverse the problem if it does exist.

Until that happens I'm not really that interested.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 04:12:13 AM »
Asking questions is great but at a certain point the global warming fanatics have to provide some hard evidence that...

A.  The planet is actually getting hotter

B.  Human beings are the cause.

C.  There is a measurable way to reverse the problem if it does exist.

Until that happens I'm not really that interested.

LOL, ya the planet is cooling bro, NASA are lying and the satellites are off.

Mr. No

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 04:49:07 AM »
I take the standard American view.

I don't like those facts = it's a conspiracy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 05:22:46 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

He is talking about steve goddards data, google the fraud. Makes sense you would post shit from a known con man. Sounds like you need to be real certain to form an opinion on something ::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »
He is talking about steve goddards data, google the fraud. Makes sense you would post shit from a known con man. Sounds like you need to be real certain to form an opinion on something ::)

I understand that NASA didn't deny changing the real temperatures that were measured.  They only explained why they changed it.

The data is being manipulated.