Author Topic: are fish oil supplements worth it?  (Read 14438 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: are fish oil supplements worth it?
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
It may taste like raw pussy, but fish oil is a poor substitute for sex.

Bro....just so you know, you're actually doing more harm by cooking with olive oil. It's great raw on salads and what not but it's low smoke point means you're turning that expensive oil rancid. Switch to coconut or Mac nut oil.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »
Bro....just so you know, you're actually doing more harm by cooking with olive oil. It's great raw on salads and what not but it's low smoke point means you're turning that expensive oil rancid. Switch to coconut or Mac nut oil.

-Wow & wow
-Acid rain, where do U live  :D
-Visit Mediterranean region 1st, then bla-bla-bla about cooking
-Olive oil is cheap, Macadamian oil is much more expensive , inform yourself amigo  :)
-Also visit West Australian Omega 3 algae producing farms, 28 tonnes of Omega 3 is exported every months
-Australian produced Omega 3 is mixed in yours land with other cheap oil  ;D ;D ;D = "fish oil"
-Coconut oil, really  ;D ;D ;D nothing else than cheap Palm oil sold to U as Coco 1  ;D

+ Why to use Macadamian oil, when is eating a few nuts far better,  ;D
+ Why to buy fake "fish oil" ( ???), fresh fish taste so good  :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »

That's not entirely true.  Light frying/sauteing is ok with plain 'ol regular olive oil which has a higher smoke point than extra virgin.  BUT, it does lose it's "heart healthy" benefits.  Extra virgin should be used straight for things like salad dressing for the health benefit and taste.  It's actually a waste to use more expensive olive oil for frying, but you're not likely to get it hot enough for it to "go bad".

Also note that a lot of olive oils are being cut with cheaper oil so look for a certification stamp like PDO, PGI, COOC, IOOC.
:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »

I use it to make salad dressing as well. Simply don't use high heat. Even if you do, it doesn't make it rancid, it burns it if you overheat it. Clearly it is not a good choice for deep frying. Peanut oil or, like you mentioned, pure coconut oil which is specified for high heat is great for cooking. I've not seen macadamia nut oil in the market. Perhaps at a specialty market you can find it.

Another use for pure coconut oil is as a skin lotion. It will actually heal scars.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
[color=purple
BUT, it does lose it's "heart healthy" benefits. [/color]

???

That's the whole point of the discussion

Also "using more expensive oils is a waste..."  ??? Not a waste if you're ensuring your oils don't go rancid while you fry shit. That's the reason you use something cheap like coconut oil.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
-Wow & wow
-Acid rain, where do U live  :D
-Visit Mediterranean region 1st, then bla-bla-bla about cooking
-Olive oil is cheap, Macadamian oil is much more expensive , inform yourself amigo  :)
-Also visit West Australian Omega 3 algae producing farms, 28 tonnes of Omega 3 is exported every months
-Australian produced Omega 3 is mixed in yours land with other cheap oil  ;D ;D ;D = "fish oil"
-Coconut oil, really  ;D ;D ;D nothing else than cheap Palm oil sold to U as Coco 1  ;D

+ Why to use Macadamian oil, when is eating a few nuts far better,  ;D
+ Why to buy fake "fish oil" ( ???), fresh fish taste so good  :D

I literally don't understand a single line of this ethnic jargon

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »
I literally don't understand a single line of this ethnic jargon
???

a bit slow in the noggin  ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2014, 10:56:51 PM »
haha "goes rancid"...

question, have you ever actually used the kitchen?

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
???

a bit slow in the noggin  ;D

anabolichalo, next time before u go clubbing, just bury your face in some moist pussy and don't wash the thing off, with them arms and the smell of other female on you u will be irresistible to other chicks

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »
anabolichalo, next time before u go clubbing, just bury your face in some moist pussy and don't wash the thing off, with them arms and the smell of other female on you u will be irresistible to other chicks
with arms like this you dont need no feromone gimmickry

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »
The latest studies I have read is that they can find no proof that fish oil decreases the incidents of heart disease. I know it has been repeated a million times on the internet about it's heart healthy benefits but some pretty convincing current evidence exists that it's not true. It might even be bad for you.

http://consumer.healthday.com/vitamins-and-nutrition-information-27/dietary-fat-health-news-301/daily-fish-oil-supplement-may-not-help-your-heart-studies-685879.html

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fish-oil-friend-or-foe-201307126467

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20130508/fish-oil-supplements-dont-protect-against-heart-trouble-study

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 08:22:50 AM »
haha "goes rancid"...

question, have you ever actually used the kitchen?

Talk to me when A) you take doctorate level nutrition and Biochem classes and B) you don't have the physique of a highschool boy

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 08:30:17 AM »
So wait, if I saute some spinach or kale quickly in olive oil, the benefits of the oil are gone?
Y

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 08:32:32 AM »
So wait, if I saute some spinach or kale quickly in olive oil, the benefits of the oil are gone?

"Quickly" is the key word here. No matter what, when you introduce cooking level heat to it, it is denaturing your "healthy fats." The hotter and longer you cook it, the greater the damage. Hence why it's better to use a more stable oil like coconut for cooking. Coconut oil is cheap as fuck too.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 08:35:17 AM »
"Quickly" is the key word here. No matter what, when you introduce cooking level heat to it, it is denaturing your "healthy fats." The hotter and longer you cook it, the greater the damage. Hence why it's better to use a more stable oil like coconut for cooking. Coconut oil is cheap as fuck too.

But also makes all your veggies taste like coconuts.
Y

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:37 AM »

I love coconuts  >:(

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »

PS Mac nut oil is a great but more expensive substitution. Has a nice buttery flavor.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 08:39:34 AM »

No hate for coconuts, but feeding more people than just my own self......garlic sauteed vegetables are common in my house.

But now I'm getting pissed off about the OO.  I don't use EV, so maybe I'm aiight.
Y

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »
It may taste like raw pussy, but fish oil is a poor substitute for sex.
funny how people say that but I've never tasted pussy that tasted or smelled fish.

pretty sure it's mostly guys that never gets any pussy that says it just to sound cool. either that or they're banging some nasty bitches

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2014, 08:54:45 AM »
PS Mac nut oil is a great but more expensive substitution. Has a nice buttery flavor.

I have just prepared a spinach  salad with leftover grilled flank steak, and am currently enjoying all the benefits olive oil has to off nutritionally, as I have poured it on the salad.

Now we must change the subject.

Please give us your educated opinion on the benefits of beet juice, for both health and athletic performance.  Please answer promptly and choose your words carefully, as you have now established credibility and there will be action and consequence to those who follow your advice.
Y

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »

Good 4 polishing plastic trophies  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
Talk to me when A) you take doctorate level nutrition and Biochem classes and B) you don't have the physique of a highschool boy

Seems you are right about olive oil. Who knew?...you knew.

"Most people are aware of the amazing benefits that olive oil provides, but the majority of people are not aware of the adverse properties that the olive oil contains when it is heated. When heated, even at extremely low temperatures all the amazing enzymes and health benefits that the oil contains are destroyed, and in turn the oil itself transforms into a trans fat. This is of the worst types of fats to consume including animal fats. Man made trans fats can increase your ‘bad’ cholesterol and decrease your ‘good’ cholesterol.

Even heating olive oil at a very low temperature causes this oil to transform into this unhealthy, rancid state. Olive oil is better left alone, the way it is, at room temperature. Olive oil is excellent for making salad dressings, using as a dip for bread, and you can even drizzle it over your favorite cooked dishes for that divine, distinctive flavor."

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/05/02/a-truth-about-olive-oil-we-should-all-know/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »

Me too. Macaroons are the bomb. Shredded coconut on cereal is killer. Coconut milk in chicken soup is great.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Shortly: yes it is. From my experience - a gret substance to keep any type of inflammation in check.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 03:22:25 PM »
Seems you are right about olive oil. Who knew?...you knew.

"Most people are aware of the amazing benefits that olive oil provides, but the majority of people are not aware of the adverse properties that the olive oil contains when it is heated. When heated, even at extremely low temperatures all the amazing enzymes and health benefits that the oil contains are destroyed, and in turn the oil itself transforms into a trans fat. This is of the worst types of fats to consume including animal fats. Man made trans fats can increase your ‘bad’ cholesterol and decrease your ‘good’ cholesterol.

Even heating olive oil at a very low temperature causes this oil to transform into this unhealthy, rancid state. Olive oil is better left alone, the way it is, at room temperature. Olive oil is excellent for making salad dressings, using as a dip for bread, and you can even drizzle it over your favorite cooked dishes for that divine, distinctive flavor."

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/05/02/a-truth-about-olive-oil-we-should-all-know/

I would hope that I would know this basic info....I paid way too much fucking money for my education bro LOL. Sure you can still keep using it, but if you were my family member I would want you putting the healthiest stuff possible in your body to keep you alive and well for the rest of your live. We don't think it makes "that much of a difference" but these small choices add up to a cumulative total effect on our health.