Author Topic: Rand Paul personally blocked the appointment of a surgeon general?  (Read 1212 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Some lib just told me this.  Before I catch an assault charge, amidst the ebola fears and general US inability to respond, someone tell me this isn't the case? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rand Paul personally blocked the appointment of a surgeon general?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »
Right cause but for one more affirmative action comminist slug appointed by this worthless druggie prez Ebola would have been eradicated.    Rrriiiiiiigggghhtttt

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Right cause but for one more affirmative action comminist slug appointed by this worthless druggie prez Ebola would have been eradicated.    Rrriiiiiiigggghhtttt

B B B B But Brietbart is complaining that obama's lack of a surgeon general is hurting the ebola response.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/12/Daily-Mail-US-Surgeon-General-Missing-in-Action-on-Ebola

This one is even worse... wrecking obama on not having an SG to do all the things an SG does.
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/10/01/Surgeon-General-s-October-Message-September-is-Veggies-Month

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:54:51 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/26/sen-paul-voices-serious-concerns-about-obama-surgeon-general-nominee/
wow. Good for Paul. If what hes saying is true, Obama is trying to appoint another crony political agenda pusher t a position that has no business pushing agendas (which is laughable in the state of politics today).

Having to do a little more research, i would totally back Pauls feelings on this guy. Last thing we need is another appointed crony whos not qualified and just wants to push an agenda.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
One senator cannot block the appointment.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
One senator cannot block the appointment.   ::)

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1111

one senator can exercise his courtesy hold.  It takes a ton of work to get around it.  They hold up for a while, on the rare occasion that a senator pulls this move.

I'm not saying it's a bad move by Rand... just that it nullifies his effectiveness on shitting on obama's ebola moves.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »

just that it nullifies his effectiveness on shitting on obama's ebola moves.

No it doesn't.   Obama doesn't need a surgeon general to act.   
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
No it doesn't.   Obama doesn't need a surgeon general to act.   

the SG does a lot of things about education/liason with public, which is big right now.   Some pre-emptive action by an SG, when it was outbreaking in Africa, and there might have been better response from the TX hospital people, or neighbors of the vomiting ebola victim, act faster.

EDUCATION is key.  SG does a lot of that.  Public face of awareness for big issues.  So yeah, it couldn't have hurt, and may have helped. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »
http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1111

one senator can exercise his courtesy hold.  It takes a ton of work to get around it.  They hold up for a while, on the rare occasion that a senator pulls this move.

I'm not saying it's a bad move by Rand... just that it nullifies his effectiveness on shitting on obama's ebola moves.

1.  A hold is temporary.  It doesn't block the nomination, as your false headline says. 

2.  It doesn't take a "ton of work to get around it."  Making stuff up again I see. 

3.  It doesn't nullify anything.  If Paul and others had problems with the qualifications of the nominee, they did their job by voicing objections.  The fact Obama failed to put forward a qualified nominee is on him, not Rand Paul.

This is stupid. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
That fat black chick would have totally handled this situation. also, Sanjay Gupta.

Like McCain says , we need a federal 'czar' to take charge because they have proven to be so effective in other areas

its not like we needed travel restrictions to Hot countries that the admin directly refused to implement

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
That fat black chick would have totally handled this situation. also, Sanjay Gupta.

Like McCain says , we need a federal 'czar' to take charge because they have proven to be so effective in other areas

its not like we needed travel restrictions to Hot countries that the admin directly refused to implement

I'd like to see congress step in and lock down borders. 
I'd like to see a SG/czar focus on educating americans on this issue.

Wash hands, don't touch sick people, call and report someone if their flesh is eaten and they're vomiting on front porch with 103 temp.  that kinda thing.