Author Topic: Health & Fitness Expo Manchester - scam  (Read 5157 times)

bigdrunk

• Getbig I
Health & Fitness Expo Manchester - scam
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:13:04 AM »
Hi all, this is my first post. I registered God knows how long ago and just recently got authorised. Anyway, I just wanted to spread the word to the training community about this nonsense that happened at the weekend.

I was an exhibitor at the show, I won't say my company as I'm not here to spam up the boards. It was a complete disaster, we were promised 20,000 visitors and I'd be surprised if we saw more than 1,000. When the exhibitors got together on Sunday to complain and ask questions about how the show was promoted the organisers kept asking us to come back and things would be sorted out. Eventually they locked themselves away and called the police, telling the police that 50 people were fighting. No one was fighting.

So when the police rock up in 3 riot vans it all became a bit surreal, the show closed immediately and we all packed up and left. With the police stopping anyone going in or out of the organisers office.

I got off fairly lightly as my business is just myself, but some lost thousands preparing for this exhibition. One poor woman travelled from Tenerife to promote her fitness holidays.

Can't see anyone getting there money back, but if we can damage these scam artists in the meantime then thats something. This link to Facebook explains it a bit better (it's not my Facebook account).

http://www.healthandfitnessexhibition.com

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152662128692891&set=a.10150106628422891.286274.513192890&type=1&theater

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: Health & Fitness Expo Manchester - scam
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »
Why on earth would you have a fitness exhibition the same weekend as the British finals in a different city, surely you would know this?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
Good point - schmoes might be able to stretch their hands between two white towels at the same time, but they're not omnipresent.

bigdrunk

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:52:41 AM »
Maybe that's where everyone went, silly really as I live in Nottingham where that was held.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »
Yeh it would have made sense to grab all those potential punters while they were all in one city or link the expo with the show

I prefer the finals in Nottingham, its a goodnight out too, altho its the 1st place where I've had my driving license scanned on a computer screen to get in a bar/club

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
first year i went to bodypower i remember seeing a skinny fat guy walking round. didnt look like he trained and was eating what i could only describe as salad leaves with ham slices. god knows what diet he was on.

bigdrunk

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:29:50 AM »
I really enjoyed Body Power, this year was my first time going. Had a stand there, we would get in early and use all the training equipment on others stands before the day began. Have just booked a stand for next years, can't wait.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 05:28:59 AM »
I despise BodyPower.

C u n t s who use diuretics to look good walking around (yes I know people who do that), c u n t s walking around tanned and clipped with their tops off...it is all that is cringeworthy and embarrassing about the WBFF style road British "fitness" has gone down.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 07:32:48 AM »
in the car park i saw a 911 with a numberplate that read something like steriods, cant remember the exact spelling.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
I despise BodyPower.

C u n t s who use diuretics to look good walking around (yes I know people who do that), c u n t s walking around tanned and clipped with their tops off...it is all that is cringeworthy and embarrassing about the WBFF style road British "fitness" has gone down.

Ha, I remember going to watch my mate do a show in lemington spa yrs ago, when it was still efbb, this kid in the que had 5 jumpers on, tucked into his jeans with his belt pulled skin tight, I actualy remeber counting the different necks and sniggering amongst my bum chums..

Re expos.. I went to see the grandprix when it was at the London docklands area, my mates came nowhere..netherless some of the c.unts walking round in vests with syntholled up arms and otheres with obvious diuretic use, veins bulging all over for no reason, they weren't competing or even reprisenting anything... Normal lads were eating pasties, drinking pints, you look at those clowns and want to distance your self as much as possible

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »
Maybe that's where everyone went, silly really as I live in Nottingham where that was held.

NRG ? i saw samir from vyamax going nuts about it too.

Too many jokers in the game doing stuff like this. Scamming suppliers into taking stalls then not promoting it.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Nrg....my fave budget protein powder, love the stuff