Author Topic: The New Flash  (Read 16754 times)

hp31

• Getbig III
The New Flash
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »
WB/DC announced today their full slate of movies they have coming out & one of them is The Flash which comes out in 2018. And this is the guy they cast to play The Flash/Barry Allen???  ???

Ezra Miller

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: The New Flash
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »
And Bruce Wayne is Jewish in the new Gotham-series.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »
And Bruce Wayne is Jewish in the new Gotham-series.

And Alfred is australian, not british.  Yeah, the little Jew kid is annoying.

The black chick playing Iris West in the TV Flash is fucking hot.  Notice how they are switching Wally West into a negro.  fucking PC bullshit

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:05:42 PM »
this guy should be flash
F

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »
Why is diversity so necessary, in these new television series.  These stories made millions the way they are, why chance?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
Why is diversity so necessary, in these new television series.  These stories made millions the way they are, why chance?

I look at all the race swapping as equivalent to reboots.  No one makes anything original and its lazy.  I'm more likely to watch or read a story about an original black comic character than an established character whose race was intentionally changed.  The change is usually a political one and has nothing to do with improving the character.  There are a few exceptions, like Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.
A

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
the real nick fury

I look at all the race swapping as equivalent to reboots.  No one makes anything original and its lazy.  I'm more likely to watch or read a story about an original black comic character than an established character whose race was intentionally changed.  The change is usually a political one and has nothing to do with improving the character.  There are a few exceptions, like Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 07:10:24 AM »
Just look at female super heroes.  You ask anyone to name a femal super hero and it will be 99.999% sure that its WonderWoman.  Marvel fails in this area so instead of creating a new original female her they decided to take one of the more popular ones like Thor and turn him into the Thorette.  Just lame

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »

Although I'm not really bothered by any of these changes, but I do agree that if it's not broke, don't fix it. In the case of this Ezra Miller guy, I just don't see it. Never heard of him prior to this casting news. Looked at clips of him on youtube & wasn't really impressed. But, if they can make it work, I'll be the first one to give him props.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »
Just look at female super heroes.  You ask anyone to name a femal super hero and it will be 99.999% sure that its WonderWoman.  Marvel fails in this area so instead of creating a new original female her they decided to take one of the more popular ones like Thor and turn him into the Thorette.  Just lame

They make switches like this because its a way to impose their politics on the public. When people object for any reason they are called racist.   It's also a very cheap and cynical way to generate publicity.  They known that a new minority comic won't generate much publicity or interest on its own. The market is pretty small.   The change will last as long as sales are good.
A

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 09:07:39 AM »
Samuel L Jackson has got to be one of the most overrated actors in the biz.  :-\

He has one character (himself) in his acting arsenal and that character became annoying a long time ago.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 09:16:50 AM »
The new Flash looks like a lazy, metrosexual pothead.  :-\

I liked the old series from the 90s with John Wesley Shipp as The Flash. Good times.

Natural Man

• Getbig V

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 10:55:20 AM »
0:32  this dude looked exactly like bob paris, funny in this age of the internet to see so many people looking exactly alike worldwide.
In this case it's almost a bit eerie. Looking at their respective Google-pictures-page it looks like they could be brothers, even at an "old" age.  :o

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »
The new Flash looks like a lazy, metrosexual pothead.  :-\

I liked the old series from the 90s with John Wesley Shipp as The Flash. Good times.

What do you make of the new series on the CW?  Shipp plays Barry Allen's father. You can watch the first two episodes here: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-flash

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »
What do you make of the new series on the CW?  Shipp plays Barry Allen's father. You can watch the first two episodes here: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-flash
Cool, I didn't know that.

I haven't seen the new Flash serie yet (only the trailer) but I have seen Barry Allens appearance in "Arrow".

I'm not particularly fond of the pretty boy stereotype (awkward, sensitive dork with self-defeating humour) that Barry Allen demonstrated in Arrow - but the new serie still looks promising. Maybe he'll "man up" when he's the protagonist and not a side character.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
Samuel L Jackson has got to be one of the most overrated actors in the biz.  :-\

He has one character (himself) in his acting arsenal and that character became annoying a long time ago.

I like him.. but that is fucking dead on. Always himself with slight variations but always towards angry evil or comedic ranting versions of himself.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 12:13:15 PM »
Cool, I didn't know that.

I haven't seen the new Flash serie yet (only the trailer) but I have seen Barry Allens appearance in "Arrow".

I'm not particularly fond of the pretty boy stereotype (awkward, sensitive dork with self-defeating humour) that Barry Allen demonstrated in Arrow - but the new serie still looks promising. Maybe he'll "man up" when he's the protagonist and not a side character.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he does not "man up" in the first two episodes.  The character on CW seems more like Kid Flash than the Flash... very immature :(  The Barry Allen I grew up reading about seemed quite a bit older... maybe 35-45.  This CW Flash looks like he is 22 and acts like he is 18.  I suppose that is the CW market but... yuck!  Bay no likey. :(

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »
I like him.. but that is fucking dead on. Always himself with slight variations but always towards angry evil or comedic ranting versions of himself.

Samuel L Jackson is great when he has a meaty role like say "Gator" in Jungle Fever and a few others, but he's sort of fallen into the Deniro mold, were it's "hey, play Samuel L Jackson playing this character" instead of just playing the character. Can't fault him, cause he'll always have work, but it tarnishes the legacy.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »
yea and he's been in some proper shit films, his filmography is full of crap you'll have never heard of, 158 acting credits!

Samuel L Jackson is great when he has a meaty role like say "Gator" in Jungle Fever and a few others, but he's sort of fallen into the Deniro mold, were it's "hey, play Samuel L Jackson playing this character" instead of just playing the character. Can't fault him, cause he'll always have work, but it tarnishes the legacy.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »

Precisely and thats why playing nick fury doesn't matter much.  He can fit the role
A

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:44 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 07:50:22 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but he does not "man up" in the first two episodes.  The character on CW seems more like Kid Flash than the Flash... very immature :(  The Barry Allen I grew up reading about seemed quite a bit older... maybe 35-45.  This CW Flash looks like he is 22 and acts like he is 18.  I suppose that is the CW market but... yuck!  Bay no likey. :(

Yup, they are turning the 30-40 year old heroes into teens/20's to appeal to a younger generation.  Barry Allen was very serious and not a dweeb like this kid is playing. Wally West on the other hand is exactly who this dweeb reminds me of.

But the Iris West character  :o

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
Watched the pilot, but while it was ok it seemed more like Peter Parker/Spider-Man lite than the Flash. For the reasons you mentioned, Bay, I'd rather watch the old 1990 show. Which I was a big fan of as a kid back then. Thought the costume was perfect.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
only one way they can fix this poor casting discussion...

8)