Author Topic: Lasix  (Read 3798 times)

k9

• Getbig II
Lasix
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »
I'm considering using lasix as a diuretic right before my next show but a buddy of mine said it flattens you out.  Anyone got any experience on this?  If not lasix, any other suggestions?  Your help is appreciated in advance.

Custom_Built

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Lasix
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
go on line and research as much as possible about Lasix. The biggest thing with lasix, you've got to do a lot of potassium, I mean a lot. Perscriped would be best. 8 days before the show, carb deplete, until 2 days before, or even one da( do a trial run)  and then carb load like a Mo-Fo. Sweet potatoes, yams, bronw rice, peanut butter by the jar. THen atand back and look in the mirror.
Like I said, a trial run. you don't want to be on lasix more then a month. Plan ahead.
BEE COOL
Custom built

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 02:23:12 AM »
I'm considering using lasix as a diuretic right before my next show but a buddy of mine said it flattens you out.  Anyone got any experience on this?  If not lasix, any other suggestions?  Your help is appreciated in advance.

^Like Custom Built said,

It's not potassium sparing, so you'd better have your shit together or you will royally fu.ck yourself up.  Research it.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

k9

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:56:25 AM »
Will the Potassium prevent flattening out?  I was only planning to do it the last three days.  Is that not long enough?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:22:23 AM »
I don't know if potassium will flatten you out but Lasix will f**k up your electrolyte balance. Read all the stories about bodybuilders cramping up right before a show & such.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 09:31:31 AM »
I don't know if potassium will platten you out but Lasix will f**k up your electrolyte balance. Read all the stories about bodybuilders cramping up right before a show & such.

Paul Dillett feels the pain.........probably the most embarrassing experience of his life.  Being carried off the stage like a slab of quivering beef..... :-\

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

k9

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Can you recommened anything else?

bigforfun

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 12:20:36 PM »
dont cut your water and salt intake !!!! if you go on lasix
try 1/4 of a pill then half and so on ,be sure before you use it for the show

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 01:36:01 PM »
Be careful with Lasix as the side effects can be brutal. I had to take it a couple years ago for high blood pressure & for about six hours after I took it I felt like shit (I was only taking 20mg). This lasted about three weeks & then I adjusted to it. It sucked even after that because I had to piss about once an hour.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 06:11:21 AM »
I've read waay too many horror stories about LASIX to even consider takin it for my show in JUNE.....i have read its better to take the dieuretic DYAZIDE instead of lasix...it is not supposed to be as potassium-depleting as lasix....Has anyone here used dyazide and would they reccomend it???  Im just trying to get some ideas about it!  Thanks guys!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 06:48:47 AM »
i would only use lasix as a last result.

HickoryStick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 09:26:48 PM »
dont cut your water and salt intake !!!! if you go on lasix
try 1/4 of a pill then half and so on ,be sure before you use it for the show

Lasix comes in pill form?  I've only ever dealt with injectable.

bigforfun

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 12:52:18 PM »
yes u have pills or injectable.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »
  Two good substitutions for lasix are Aldactizide, and Aldactone. The former would be used first, during, and tword the end of the carb/sodium depletion.  The Aldactone would then be used for those last 2-3 days. I believe Aldactizide is the same as Dyazide, but it needs to be used with the 'tone, and not exclusively. They are both Potassium sparring, so no worries, but their more- mild nature, would require one to take many more dosages than Lasix.
Cam ad mi