Author Topic: Arkansas Supreme Court strikes down voter ID law  (Read 1181 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Arkansas Supreme Court strikes down voter ID law
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:59:54 PM »
Arkansas Supreme Court Strikes Down Voter ID Law

By ANDREW DeMILLO
Posted: 10/15/2014 5:45 pm EDT Updated: 56 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas' highest court on Wednesday struck down a state law that requires voters to show photo identification before casting a ballot, ruling the requirement unconstitutional just days before early voting begins for the Nov. 4 election.

In a decision that could have major implications in the state's election, the Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling that determined the law unconstitutionally added a requirement for voting.

The high court noted that the Arkansas Constitution lists specific requirements to vote: that a person be a citizen of both the U.S. and Arkansas, be at least 18 years old, and be lawfully registered. Anything beyond that amounts to a new requirement and is therefore unconstitutional, the court ruled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/15/arkansas-voter-id_n_5992912.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Arkansas Supreme Court strikes down voter ID law
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
everyone always waits until 5 minute before the election to fight about this shit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
I'm sorry. Tell me why this is a good thing. I'm mean you posted this as some kind of victory. So explain why this is good.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »
I'm sorry. Tell me why this is a good thing. I'm mean you posted this as some kind of victory. So explain why this is good.

you're really baffled aren't you?

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2014/10/15/arkansas-supreme-court-strikes-down-voter-id-law
Voter ID laws are a product of conservative think tanks and enacted by Republican legislatures nationwide in hopes that they would depress turnout by young, poor and minority voters believed to favor Democratic candidates. They've been struck down in several states because of evidence of the disproportionate burden they place on the poor and elderly. A Texas judge called the requirement effectively an unconstitutional poll tax. The law was enforced in Arkansas in this year's primary and it led to disqualification of a thousand absentee votes that election officials believed were legitimate. It's unknown how many were dissuaded from voting in person for lack of a proper ID.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »
you're really baffled aren't you?

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2014/10/15/arkansas-supreme-court-strikes-down-voter-id-law

Let's try this again. Why is this a good thing? I'll give you my reason if you give yours. I don't want some left propaganda bullshit cut and paste. According to you. Obama opening the borders to ILLEGALS is a good thing because they can now vote ILLEGALLY to bolster the left wing base. And you think this a good thing? Why the fuck else would Obama open the flood gates of our (my) borders? You actually think it's to give people opportunity? This is that commonsense thing that libs lack.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »
Let's try this again. Why is this a good thing? I'll give you my reason if you give yours. I don't want some left propaganda bullshit cut and paste. According to you. Obama opening the borders to ILLEGALS is a good thing because they can now vote ILLEGALLY to bolster the left wing base. And you think this a good thing? Why the fuck else would Obama open the flood gates of our (my) borders? You actually think it's to give people opportunity? This is that commonsense thing that libs lack.

No, IMO this is the paranoid conspiritard thing that Coach has in abundance.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
Everyone knows that Obama won the elections, twice, only because illegals voted for him.  They thought that trying something other than the usual white male reign would solve all their problems.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 08:44:51 AM »
Well lets look at that statement from a historical and socio economic point of view....most of Latin America is a crime ridden shit pile of dysfunctional governments. They are smart enough to send their worst north to take up residence in San Quentin and Pelican Bay. Africa is a shit hole.....ebola and genocide...enough said. The Middle East...yeah.  The gov's in Latin America that have more Spanish influence seem to do better. When white ruled South Africa, Rhodesia etc...things were better...even for the Africans. Bringing 3rd worlders here benefits nobody long term. 
L

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 09:00:28 AM »
Well lets look at that statement from a historical and socio economic point of view....most of Latin America is a crime ridden shit pile of dysfunctional governments. They are smart enough to send their worst north to take up residence in San Quentin and Pelican Bay. Africa is a shit hole.....ebola and genocide...enough said. The Middle East...yeah.  The gov's in Latin America that have more Spanish influence seem to do better. When white ruled South Africa, Rhodesia etc...things were better...even for the Africans. Bringing 3rd worlders here benefits nobody long term. 

headhuntersix ain't lying.    :'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
Everyone knows that Obama won the elections, twice, only because illegals voted for him.  They thought that trying something other than the usual white male reign would solve all their problems.

LOL - maybe well known among insane people

how about you share the source of the ridiculous claim that I assume you actually believe (you're not just trolling...right?)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
LOL - maybe well known among insane people

how about you share the source of the ridiculous claim that I assume you actually believe (you're not just trolling...right?)

Insane is exactly what you are if you really don't know I'm just trolling.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
Insane is exactly what you are if you really don't know I'm just trolling.

I'm actually glad you hear you don't believe that

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 12:50:12 PM »
I'm actually glad you hear you don't believe that

Yes, because it makes no sense that it's true ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »
Yes, because it makes no sense that it's true ::)

I'm sure it makes sense to people with profound brain injuries

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
headhuntersix ain't lying.    :'(

And I'm not being racist...I travel a lot down there. Chile is great....peru is ok...Guatemala is like Vietnam is some area's.
L

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
I'm sure it makes sense to people with profound brain injuries

You never gave a reason why you think it's a good thing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
And I'm not being racist...I travel a lot down there. Chile is great....peru is ok...Guatemala is like Vietnam is some area's.

Libs worldwide complain about USA's meddling in other countries.  Well, USA used to meddle in Venezuela and Venezuelans had electricity, running water, toilet paper, US dollars, basic food items, much lower crime rate.  Hugo put a stop to USA's meddling in Venezuela and then Cuba, China and Russia stepped in to replace USA's meddling.  Now Venezuelans have very frequent blackouts, problems with running water, scarcity of toilet paper, US dollars, basic food items, and murders and kidnappings have gone through the roof.  Venezuela is getting sucked dry by Cuba, China and Russia.

USA, please come back and meddle in Venezuela again, please come back.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
Libs worldwide complain about USA's meddling in other countries.  Well, USA used to meddle in Venezuela and Venezuelans had electricity, running water, toilet paper, US dollars, basic food items, much lower crime rate.  Hugo put a stop to USA's meddling in Venezuela and then Cuba, China and Russia stepped in to replace USA's meddling.  Now Venezuelans have very frequent blackouts, problems with running water, scarcity of toilet paper, US dollars, basic food items, and murders and kidnappings have gone through the roof.  Venezuela is getting sucked dry by Cuba, China and Russia.

USA, please come back and meddle in Venezuela again, please come back.

The US cant live with them, cant live without them.

If the USA wasnt there my first language would be german or russian.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
You never gave a reason why you think it's a good thing.

have you read any of my other posts on the recent threads about these voter ID laws?

if so, how can you be unaware of my position on these laws?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
have you read any of my other posts on the recent threads about these voter ID laws?

[/quote

Because I don't read everyone of your posts. That being said. Feel free to explain. I would have to guess though you being a lib, you're good with anyone voting whether they have the right to or not. Correct?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »

Because I don't read everyone of your posts. That being said. Feel free to explain. I would have to guess though you being a lib, you're good with anyone voting whether they have the right to or not. Correct?

I have no doubt you truly believe that

It's perfectly consistent with the hundreds of other insane beliefs you've shared with this board

Is your "Coach" persona some kind of performance art  as part of a multi year troll or are these your real beliefs