Author Topic: The apprentice  (Read 1822 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
The apprentice
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »
anyone watching this

it seems they just pick them for tv now

bunch of idiots

epic ethnic minority quota system in place too
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: The apprentice
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:40:49 AM »
Might watch this season, don't usually bother as it's a bit too convoluted now and emotional like every other 'reality' competition.

That blonde bird was fit a few years back that won it

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 06:18:07 AM »
I liked the first few series. The very first one was brilliant TV.
I don't watch it anymore since the contestants are now just attention seeking reality stars, when at first they seemed genuinely interested in working for Sugar.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:32:04 AM »
I don't really get it now, initially they fought for a £100k job, the tasks I guess separated the weak from the good and strong.

Now this is about finding a business partner and funding, yet the format is the same....Investors looking to get into a deal, scrutinise the business plan, it's financials and forecasts...etc. Rather than try and establish if the presenter is good at flogging organic soap and low fat icecream and manage a team of 10 rabid bitches. A young .com wiz or a tech savvy entrepreneur looking to launch something innovative is not gona be good at selling soap in Covent Garden.
S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:34:55 AM »
I don't really get it now, initially they fought for a £100k job, the tasks I guess separated the weak from the good and strong.

Now this is about finding a business partner and funding, yet the format is the same....Investors looking to get into a deal, scrutinise the business plan, it's financials and forecasts...etc. Rather than try and establish if the presenter is good at flogging organic soap and low fat icecream and manage a team of 10 rabid bitches. A young .com wiz or a tech savvy entrepreneur looking to launch something innovative is not gona be good at selling soap in Covent Garden.

this sums it up

bottom line is no matter how good someone is in the tasks

if their business plan is flawed whats the point

it basically used to be an extended job interview which made sense
T

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
Its always fun watching lord sugar cut through the shit and crush blown up and deluded egos

Seen this current crop, there's two blondes that are hot..

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
Alan Sugar assesses all the business plans and picks whichever one he believes is going to make him the most money, the winner is picked before the show starts.

The show is just for TV
The X Factor is exactly the same, Brian Epstein used to scout clubs for talent, now Cowell just creates a TV show and they come to him.