Author Topic: thoughts on weight loss, optimal performance and striking a balance.  (Read 7158 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: thoughts on weight loss, optimal performance and striking a balance.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Yep, sorry for that.

*I think people mistake nerve exhaustion for carb exhaustion.
*Bonking/hitting the wall is a lightswitch effect and your legs literally just stop.
*Nerve/muscle/cardio exhaustion you just feel tired but can still function.

*Nerve/muscle/cardio exhaustion - What's happening here is that you're temporarily overloading the body's ability to produce energy. The byproducts produced by the anaerobic system build up and have to be removed. Your Glycogen stores aren't depleted. You're just burning too much too fast.

Bonking is simply running out of gas.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:38 PM »
Hi no one!

From what i remember the marathon runners aren't ripped because of the cortisol that fires back into their body. But we are talking hardcore runners doing monster hours of training. Then consider the majority of people who exercise are still fat anyway and it's hard to make a clear judgement call (unless you specifically look at the pros).

For me as a cyclist (i used to race track) my energy requirement has always been pretty low. I don't believe the calories burned number because there are soooo many fat cyclists out there doing huge hours but getting fatter! I have done 20hr weeks on the bike and still gained weight (fat) and that was at 8% BF eating 4,000cals/day. All the super fast, thin guys on bikes struggle with their weight. Basically it's an eating disorder to stay thin and fight the urge to eat.

I ride fasted. Energy only seriously becomes an issue for me after 2.5hrs (depending on how hard we are riding). I do 2hr hard rides fasted, no food during, no food after all the time. Going 3hrs-5hrs it's a food game and you need to eat each hour otherwise in hour 3 it's to late and you run out of carbs because the body can't process it quick enough (unless you are pounding gels or cans of coke constantly).

I am currently using no one/galeniko diet method as i need to drop weight to improve my watts/kg in order to climb quicker. I'm around 800-1000cals/day and 3 of those days consists of a 24hrs fast eating just dinner.

A 2.5hrs ride i did on the weekend was fairly hard including all out short hill sprints. I had my cheat meal last night (2,500cals) so i was fully carbed and during the ride I had 120 calories and felt perfectly fine at the end. I didn't eat until dinner 8hrs later which was 800cals. This morning i feel fine and will be on the bike doing an easy 40mins today.

I think people mistake nerve exhaustion for carb exhaustion. Bonking/hitting the wall is a lightswitch effect and your legs literally just stop. It's not a slow thing, it's not a nerve fatigue feeling, literally your legs seem to stop working out of the blue no matter what you do. If you are carbed that would be hours. A 20min HIT session is going to fatigue the nerves and cardio system. You feel exhausted but your muscles still function because they are carbed.

If i don't need food for a hard 2hr ride, i don't see how a 20min session requires food. What we see in the real world is people in gyms doing cardio, eating after, staying fat/getting fat vs hardcore cyclists/runners doing huge amounts of cardio eating like birds to balance performance/weight.

good to see you man. was hoping you'd bring that experience here so we can all put our heads together and figure this out.

let me know how this ride went energy wise. thats a perfect scenario to jump off with- 2.5 hr ride/ cheat meal 2500 cals/ 800 cal 8 hrs later, another ride.

thats 3300 cals ingested w 3hrs of strenuous activity. i have no doubt we can continue to whittle that number down until we hit something optimal. altho the cheat meal would have gone a long way to filling you back out. i think thats a key. big meal after hitting it. then smaller one a little while after to replenish what may have burned off by metabolism. then smashing it fasted again and repeating the cycle. typically waiting as long as you can to hit the big meal after the ride it best to keep insulin a bay and keep fat burning.

fuck im surprised more people arent on this and curious. this has huge applications for bbers who are typically sedentary and take in way more cals than most people.

ah well. take a horse to water/ cant make it drink.
b

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »
so I assume this advice is for naturals

because if on test, tren and clen all those advices are thrown out the window since you will gain mass and lose fat at the same time no problem. It's not even a challange.

comparing a natural to a roided is like comparing a female to a male. bodycomposition are different at a natural state depending on hormone levels.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »
so I assume this advice is for naturals

because if on test, tren and clen all those advices are thrown out the window since you will gain mass and lose fat at the same time no problem

comparing a natural to a roided is like comparing a female to a male. bodycomposition are different at a natural state depending on hormone levels.

course its for nattys. its for everyone.

this isnt a once size fits all template. you read it and take away from it what you can and apply it to your own lifestyle given your activity levels/ demands/ goals/ etc.

this is pretty much invaluable info here. everyone struggles with their weight. gym rats everywhere diet all year and never get ripped. well why not. fuck i dieted for almost a decade and never got in great shape. and i can guarantee pretty much everyone reading this can relate.

so if you see a guy whos taken in 3000 cals with 3 hours of prolonged cardio on top of his workouts and is still able to perform optimally, and MAYBE its ill too many cals, then look at your cal intake as a bber, and look at why being truly ripped  and staying there has always escaped you.

its simple. we eat too much. waaaaaaay to much. its about finding how much YOU need to eat given your activity level and goals instead of following some template diet from somebody online you have a totally different genetic make up from, different activity level from, different drug use from.

how many times have you seen someone post a pic and everyone say 'whats your diet like bro?' 'how many cals you eat a day bro?'. if you know your own body and how many cals you need you wouldnt need to ask anyone what they eat or how much of it .

the most useless question ever asked on a bbing forum is 'whats your diet look like?'

it doesnt matter what the fuck his diet looks like. the problem is what your diet looks like, and why you feel thats his diet might help you. thats the problem.
b

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »
course its for nattys. its for everyone.

this isnt a once size fits all template. you read it and take away from it what you can and apply it to your own lifestyle given your activity levels/ demands/ goals/ etc.

this is pretty much invaluable info here. everyone struggles with their weight. gym rats everywhere diet all year and never get ripped. well why not. fuck i dieted for almost a decade and never got in great shape. and i can guarantee pretty much everyone reeding this can relate.

so if you see a guy whos taken in 3000 cals with 3 hours of prolonged cardio on top of his workouts and is still able to perform optimally, and MAYBE its ill too many cals, then look at your cal inatke as a bber, and look at why being truly ripped  and staying there has always escaped you.

its simple. we eat too much. waaaaaaay to much. its about finding how much YOU need to eat given your activity level and goals instead of following some template diet from somebody online you have a totally different genetic make up from, different activity level from, different drug use from.

how many times have you seen someone post a pic and everyone say 'whats your diet like bro?' 'how many cals you eat a day bro?'. if you know your own body and how many cals you need you wouldnt need to ask anyone what they eat or how much of it .

the most useless question ever asked on a bbing forum is 'whats your diet look like?'

it doesnt matter what the fuck his diet looks like. the problem is what your diet looks like, and why you feel thats his diet might help you. thats the problem.
a natural will always lose performance trying to go beyond where his body is at a "comfortable" bodyfat level. Usually around 10% in rare cases like the most gifted/genetic elite track and field athletes around 7%..

hormone levels dictates where this comfortable limit is. Going lower will always have an effect on performance and lmusclemass regardless method losing weight to the larger extent. Is that so hard to see after spending so much time on bbing boards?? I mean it's so obvious and easy to understand this if you look at before and after pics of female bodybuilders going from female high estrogen/low test bodies to polar opposite high test/low est.

all training and diet manipulation  ::)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »

hey, dildo, instead of posting up pics of people who diet their asses off, REGARDLESS of the drugs they take, quit using the 'drugs' crutch for being a skinny fat dork and do something about it.

of course guys like you never will. its easier to post on GB, cry drugs when someone looks great, and wonder why you look like a bag of shit. lol
b

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 04:41:02 PM »
hey, dildo, instead of posting up pics of people who diet their asses off, REGARDLESS of the drugs they take, quit using the 'drugs' crutch for being a skinny fat dork and do something about it.

of course guys like you never will. its easier to post on GB, cry drugs when someone looks great, and wonder why you look like a bag of shit. lol
Yates like grainyness and conditioning.

All diet and training. Any girl could achieve this type of lean bodymass if they did some HIIT and ate carbs at specific times  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »
For Nattys, as a rule, you don't need as many carbs as people think. As I showed earlier, carbs get recycled from lactate, plus some Protein ends up as glucose, via Gluconeogenesis, and some fat ends up as glucose via glycerol when triglycerides get broken down.

So, No One and Gal's contention that people take in too many calories, especially from carbs, has some scientific backup.