Author Topic: Poor Man's Dianabol  (Read 3624 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Poor Man's Dianabol
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:08:31 AM »
I remember an old school 1970's bodybuilder in my first gym say that eating lots of saltine crackers and cheese was "Poor Man's Dianabol." I guess it's because of all the water you'd hold.

Anyone else hear of this?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Poor Man's Dianabol
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »
I remember an old school 1970's bodybuilder in my first gym say that eating lots of saltine crackers and cheese was "Poor Man's Dianabol." I guess it's because of all the water you'd hold.

Considering dbol is about as expensive as air, that's a low bar to get under. Even saltines might be more expensive if you spring for the name-brand ones.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:10:47 AM »
ive been in the game awhile n never heard that expression though
R

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:13:02 AM »
Considering dbol is about as expensive as air, that's a low bar to get under. Even saltines might be more expensive if you spring for the name-brand ones.

This lol poor mans dbol?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:15:31 AM »

true,even back in the 80,s i was getting the ciba-giegy dbol dirt cheap,40 cents a pill back then
R

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »

HAHAHAHA !!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »
liver tablets and brewers yeast every 4 hours.
F

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
What an amazing drug dbols is especially for a begginer who is lean starting out. I started my first run with it at 20 years old. I was a lean 175 pounds in the best shape of my life. My weight went up to 205 in a few weeks. My bench went up like 50-60 pounds. It was shocking. First run is always the best. God the acne was terrible though. You can't really say yournt juicing when your a back is covered in acne and your weight blows up that fast. It was so obvious.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 09:17:15 AM »

Back in the 70's I knew a friend of Drapers. Said his arms cold, in contest shape were eighteen and one half inches at 215 lbs. Doesn't sound huge but those are some impressive arms.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »
Back in the 70's I knew a friend of Drapers. Said his arms cold, in contest shape were eighteen and one half inches at 215 lbs. Doesn't sound huge but those are some impressive arms.
honest 18-19 inch arms are huge for any era esp at that weight. exhibit" a " below
F

dustin

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
Dbol is already the poor man's steroid. Fuck, what's cheaper than dbol? Ramen noodles?

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
What an amazing drug dbols is especially for a begginer who is lean starting out. I started my first run with it at 20 years old. I was a lean 175 pounds in the best shape of my life. My weight went up to 205 in a few weeks. My bench went up like 50-60 pounds. It was shocking. First run is always the best. God the acne was terrible though. You can't really say yournt juicing when your a back is covered in acne and your weight blows up that fast. It was so obvious.

My first AS was Dbol. I had a script and it was in the days shit was legal. I blew up 20 pounds in 6 weeks and my bench went up almost 50%. I was 43 so I dodged acne. Stuff began to scare (too aggressive) me so I gave it to my WO partner. Went on T and Decca at a local sports med Doc and did a lot better.

I did hear of "poor mans Dbol" in a Pasadena Ca. gym. It was 2 scoops of creatine in a qt. of pure grape juice.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 01:28:21 PM »
Dbol is already the poor man's steroid. Fuck, what's cheaper than dbol? Ramen noodles?

Was this the case in the 1970s?

My first printer, the HPIII, cost $1500.

dustin

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »
Was this the case in the 1970s?

My first printer, the HPIII, cost $1500.

There wasn't a shortage of table salt in the 1970s that I know of.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »

Great forearms  :D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »
When i started juicing dbol was ten euro per hundred x 5mg tab. With powders you.could do.a.cycle for 2 dollars in theory. That.is.6 weeks at 50mg/day.

the trainer

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 05:04:04 PM »

Just go to quiznos and order a big bowl of brocoli and cheese soup with saltine crackers to bulk up.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
My first AS was Dbol. I had a script and it was in the days shit was legal. I blew up 20 pounds in 6 weeks and my bench went up almost 50%. I was 43 so I dodged acne. Stuff began to scare (too aggressive) me so I gave it to my WO partner. Went on T and Decca at a local sports med Doc and did a lot better.

I did hear of "poor mans Dbol" in a Pasadena Ca. gym. It was 2 scoops of creatine in a qt. of pure grape juice.
^^
That's why I stopped it, I yelled at one of my friends for absolutely shitty reason...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
dr. Kerr was one of the main steroid doctors during the 70's.   

he said dbol was $5 per bottle of 100

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
^^
That's why I stopped it, I yelled at one of my friends for absolutely shitty reason...

Sounds more like you needed tampons mate.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »
Sounds more like you needed tampons mate.

^^
No, dude I actually ruined a friendship over something that was pretty stupid...

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »
^^
No, dude I actually ruined a friendship over something that was pretty stupid...

;D just venting my feelings on menstruation.

We all get more edgy on hormones but you should always be able to control it. Don't blame hormones if you were a dick. Nearly all fights are instigated because of problems going on with the person who started than the person he starts it with. My experience anyway, I was a dick when had other issues going on when normally would let shit slide.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
;D just venting my feelings on menstruation.

We all get more edgy on hormones but you should always be able to control it. Don't blame hormones if you were a dick. Nearly all fights are instigated because of problems going on with the person who started than the person he starts it with. My experience anyway, I was a dick when had other issues going on when normally would let shit slide.

^^
The guy I had beef with was at fault too, but I was really taking a lot of D-bol on that cycle, it was winter here and I was taking 50mg twice a day for 6 weeks,
when I went off on him I sounded like I was back in the military shouting...
Now I look back on it and it was just dumb... :(

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
dr. Kerr was one of the main steroid doctors during the 70's.   

he said dbol was $5 per bottle of 100

Also Dr. Walczak in the SF valley. He took care of all the L.A. sports teams with his T cyp/Decca once a week shot. I saw loads of sports celebs in there. Years later Tommy Lasorda claimed..."my boys never juiced!" Yeah, right Tommy.

Had dinner with Kerr at Caesars Palace in Vegas  along with Rory Lidelmeyer, Joe Sanchez and a few others...names forgotten. Dayum that was long ago.