Author Topic: Brad Pitt was huge in Fury  (Read 8073 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Brad Pitt was huge in Fury
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
thanks for posting the trailer, i feel like having seen the movie already now, and it's crap. So many cliches, it looks like a mix between saving private ryan and inglorious bastards.
when you watched hollywood movies since the 80's pretty much every new movie is a cliche

that's why I rarely watch movies or even tv series anymore

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »
This is the end of an era, when everything has been done and said and everything is a remake of a remake.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
movie was great
l

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
This is the end of an era, when everything has been done and said and everything is a remake of a remake.
for the newer generations it's new and cool though

just means we are getting old  ;)

MikMaq

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »
thanks for posting the trailer, i feel like having seen the movie already now, and it's crap. So many cliches, it looks like a mix between saving private ryan and inglorious bastards.
Like oh my god, I bet they are americans and they are fighting germans.

How on earth could people every come up with such a contrived story.

Your such a pretensions twat.

Movie did it better than almost anything that came before it.

Like I said, Stalingrad is the only movie that compares in my mind.

Not to mention the action sequences i think were top notch.

Stalingrad was amazing, but the budget and dated nature of the film is obvious.

Fury had some top notch combat.

The Wrong Advices

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 06:54:26 AM »
Shut the fuck up, it's cliched because it's real.

This idea that every character has to have witty and original dialogue is why I can't stand most modern hollywood movies.

David Ayer makes movies for men, not literature students.

In the real world, most people fall into stereotypes.

His ability to create real people , while meticulously planning out ever relevant detail in a plot is why the man is such a genius.

Maybe you just haven't watched many movies, at least not ones that are driven by complex narrative (no, Fast and the Furious does not count) and/or include subtitles. It's a simple movie for simple minds, nothing more, nothing less. Pop your popcorn and enjoy the ride, but don't try to pretend it is deep, moving, or profound.

I'm glad you enjoyed another paint-by-numbers military propaganda movie with lots of cool 'splosions and that it gave you a big boner for "Merika. Good for you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »

what you're describing sounds like the PERFECT movie.  Throw in the kitchen sink scene from Fatal Attraction and I think someone is winning an Oscar. 

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:37 AM »

X2

Same old shite about heroic Americans killing evil Nazis.
I'm looking foward to the next dozen or so movies of a similar ilk that Hollywood are sure to be make over the next few years. ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 07:11:36 AM »
Maybe you just haven't watched many movies, at least not ones that are driven by complex narrative (no, Fast and the Furious does not count) and/or include subtitles. It's a simple movie for simple minds, nothing more, nothing less. Pop your popcorn and enjoy the ride, but don't try to pretend it is deep, moving, or profound.

I'm glad you enjoyed another paint-by-numbers military propaganda movie with lots of cool 'splosions and that it gave you a big boner for "Merika. Good for you.
I fucking hate FAst and the furious, he only wrote for that movie, he never produced or directed.

His genius isn't in his literary skills it's his ability to understand real shit.  

The fuck, did you even see the fucking movie.

David Ayer got a knack for this kind of thing.

They're cliche cheezyness to his movies no doubt, but once you dig past that there is a real weight to what he makes.

He understands violence, just fundamentally, something alot of hollywood writers just don't have the first clue about.

This hollywood thing of having every detail to sterlized or perfect is what ruins most movies.

his movies are smooth but what they offer in return is ample.

He makes movies for men, not boys or literary students.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »

I'm glad you enjoyed another paint-by-numbers military propaganda movie with lots of cool 'splosions and that it gave you a big boner for 'Merika
Talk about cliche'......

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »

As opposed to what..so your soooooo jaded by big bad America and only you can see the movie for what it is...propaganda. We should be subjected to some bullshit movie about Iraq and US troops raping civilians, its own female troops and eating babies. I haven't seen the movie yet but there are exactly zero US war movies made that depict a single tank crew fighting in the last days of the war.  The movie appears to do a good job of showing the barbarism of both sides after a protracted war.  

L

MikMaq

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
So  why haven't getbiggers scene this film yet?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
Oh, Fury!  Like anger.  It's a WW2 tank thing.  Swear to god, when I first read the name I thought it was some cutting edge docudrama/expose thing about people who wear tails and go to My Little Pony meetups, like a Cage's 8mm but for 2014.  I was thinking wow, Brad's actually being really bold making a movie about that at his age.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 09:03:14 AM »
Brad pitt, was certaintly on the cycles for a guy that is 50.

Huge beyond belief!

"1"

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »

But now it's in 3D :)

MikMaq

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
But now it's in 3D :)
Seriously wanna be the father figure that Uberman never had.

He's such a mopey bitch about this stuff.

Deserves a smack on the back of the head(with a close fist-brass knuckles)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
WHAT A HEAD OF HAIR...THATS THE IT HAIRCUT RIGHT NOW..

MikMaq

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
WHAT A HEAD OF HAIR...THATS THE IT HAIRCUT RIGHT NOW..
Lol I had one last summer, got ride of it come winter, it's just too gay to be cool.