Author Topic: Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?  (Read 20493 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
Pitt is a better "actor" in my opinion in terms of his breadth.  Cruise basically plays the same guy in most of his films. 

agree.

Cruise is more consistent, makes big budget crowd pleasers

Pitt is more interesting and isn't afraid to taKe chances

Like them both

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
The currently highest paid actor is the comeback kid, Robert Downy Jr. probably thanks to the Ironman franchise.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »
The currently highest paid actor is the comeback kid, Robert Downy Jr. probably thanks to the Ironman franchise.

I'm about over Robert Downey jr.

talk about playing yourself , he's always the smart guy with all the answers.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

Why choose one when you can have both at the same time?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
Daniel Day Lewis is better than the both of them.

Anyway, I prefer Pitt or Cruise. Cruise is obviously a good actor, but I like more of Pitt's movies.

I agree. Cruise is the better actor but has Pitt has landed in some really good movies - like Fight Club, and he continues to improve with age.

Daniel Day Lewis is in a league of his own.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »
Who makes better movies?  I can't think of a single movie Cruise has made that wasn't entertaining
Knight and day, Jack Reacher, Oblivion....been making some real crappy ones lately. Waaaay below his level of acting.
Same with Brad Pitt actually. Both very good actors but have been in some "below them" type movies in the last few years, imo.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:20 PM »
I agree. Cruise is the better actor but has Pitt has landed in some really good movies - like Fight Club, and he continues to improve with age.

Daniel Day Lewis is in a league of his own.

DDL only takes VERY specific roles. If you look at the list of movies he has made, its not many compared to others. But they are all really well done!! From what I hear, he makes an insanely good movie, goes into "hiding", comes back out, makes another insanely good movie, then goes back into "hiding." He selects his roles very carefully.
X

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
Knight and day, Jack Reacher, Oblivion....been making some real crappy ones lately. Waaaay below his level of acting.
Same with Brad Pitt actually. Both very good actors but have been in some "below them" type movies in the last few years, imo.

Jack Reacher and Oblivion were entertaing but admittedly week.  Just saw Edge of Tomorrow and it was quite good imo.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
Legends of the Falls was phenomenal. Pitt stole the show in that.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »
Jack Reacher and Oblivion were entertaing but admittedly week.  Just saw Edge of Tomorrow and it was quite good imo.
I do want to see that one as Emily Blunt is one of the top female actresses, so a good combo with her and cruise.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Apparently, you missed Eyes Wide Shut with his then wife Nicole Kidman. It was a dud.

Yes it was a dud at the box office but I liked the film because of the suspense, Cruise was an ordinary guy in way over his head   I recently saw it again and liked it better the second time around  The ending was a disappointment but gotta add that Kubrick died less than a week after the final cut.  Maybe he was sick and just said fuck it or he couldn't figure out how to end it.  But in any case you got to see Nicole Kidmans ass a few times so it's worth watching again

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
Legends of the Falls was phenomenal. Pitt stole the show in that.

Good call, that was a great movie.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
DDL only takes VERY specific roles. If you look at the list of movies he has made, its not many compared to others. But they are all really well done!! From what I hear, he makes an insanely good movie, goes into "hiding", comes back out, makes another insanely good movie, then goes back into "hiding." He selects his roles very carefully.

The guy is a chameleon... he can completely transform himself into highly believable characters and pull you into the reality that he conjures up. A true 'artist'.

That is a very draining process, creatively... he'd most likely burn out if he didn’t take the time off, I'm sure.  

I watch very few movies, but I always check out Daniel Day Lewis films.  

Epic movie -

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
cruise,since he's more consistent...but i like pitt's role in this as well   ;D

T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »
The guy is a chameleon... he can completely transform himself into highly believable characters and pull you into the reality that he conjures up. A true 'artist'.

That is a very draining process, creatively... he'd most likely burn out if he didn’t take the time off, I'm sure.  

I watch very few movies, but I always check out Daniel Day Lewis films.  

Epic movie -

Loved it. He just makes so many good movies. I loved, "my left foot."
X

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »
Inglorious Bastards?

Lieutenant Aldo Raines?

Come on.....that role stunk for Pitt.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
Loved it. He just makes so many good movies. I loved, "my left foot."

I've never seen My Left Foot, but I just watched the trailer.... it looks like he's gone 'full retard' in that one  :o

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »
Ah, but who's hotter?

No homo

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 09:19:40 PM »
Ah, but who's hotter?
No homo

I don't believe I can assess hotness with regards to these two fellows. Tom Cruise seems like an arrogant jerk and for me it comes through in his acting. If I had to pick one of these fellows to be a favorite actor, I'd have to pick Brad Pitt. There is more variety in the parts he has played over the years. Cruise just plays Cruise.

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »
I don't believe I can assess hotness with regards to these two fellows. Tom Cruise seems like an arrogant jerk and for me it comes through in his acting. If I had to pick one of these fellows to be a favorite actor, I'd have to pick Brad Pitt. There is more variety in the parts he has played over the years. Cruise just plays Cruise.

But he does it so well.

The Edge of Tomorrow is the best sci-fi flick in a while.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 09:23:11 PM »

Couldn't be more wrong, all the movie crews love cruise, he takes time to learn all their names, buy them lunch etc, his beliefs aside everyone who works with him says he's the nicest guy in the world, and these are the guys behind the scenes who don't have to go on reddit etc and praise him up, but they do.

dustin

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
Early Cruise was awesome. I watch Risky Business once every month. So much nostalgia. But Pitt is in a league of his own. I can't believe he's still pumping out such awesome work. Not trying to be a fan boy, but I am a huge fan. He's a great actor.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »
Tom Cruise.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »
Couldn't be more wrong, all the movie crews love cruise, he takes time to learn all their names, buy them lunch etc, his beliefs aside everyone who works with him says he's the nicest guy in the world, and these are the guys behind the scenes who don't have to go on reddit etc and praise him up, but they do.

Good to know. I always like finding out something positive and good about people, especially those who I may have misjudged.

Without a doubt, his affiliation with Scientology and what I've read about his personal life with respect to this has definitely colored my opinion of him as a person. Hopefully, it has not affected how I view his acting skills. I find them lacking.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 09:42:33 PM »
Good to know. I always like finding out something positive and good about people, especially those who I may have misjudged.

Without a doubt, his affiliation with Scientology and what I've read about his personal life with respect to this has definitely colored my opinion of him as a person. Hopefully, it has not affected how I view his acting skills. I find them lacking.
Tom Cruise is an incredible actor. I can separate his crazy Scientology ways from his acting/ movie rolls.