Author Topic: No legs=not a bodybuilder  (Read 10917 times)

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
No legs=not a bodybuilder
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »
Powerful quads, thick hamstrings and big strong calves are what defines a bodybuilder. Nobody wants a guy with scrawny legs around. It doesn't matter how many curls and pec-deck you do. If you have no legs you are NOT a bodybuilder.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: No legs=not a bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »
Unfortunately the board shorts wearing male beauty pageant contestant goofballs in the physique division might disagree.
A

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »
I'm going to be competing in mens physique in 6 weeks because I'm not big enough for bodybuilding  :(
I train legs 2ce a week and its my favorite training day, but they just don't seem to respond. I've tried training them 1ce a week, every other day, at one point i trained them every single day but that only lasted 2 weeks until my knees started to hurt. No response though  :(
I'm hoping mens physique will stop wearing those goofy shorts and go to something like what the WBFF does and give the competitors some legit bodybuilding poses to do, instead of that hand on hip crap.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
Half of this board will disagree, claiming "girls" don't care about legs and huge legs are not practical. Yeah, huge arms and chest are practical as fuck.

I'm going to be competing in mens physique in 6 weeks because I'm not big enough for bodybuilding  :(
I train legs 2ce a week and its my favorite training day, but they just don't seem to respond. I've tried training them 1ce a week, every other day, at one point i trained them every single day but that only lasted 2 weeks until my knees started to hurt. No response though  :(
I'm hoping mens physique will stop wearing those goofy shorts and go to something like what the WBFF does and give the competitors some legit bodybuilding poses to do, instead of that hand on hip crap.

What's your ATG squat max?

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »
Half of this board will disagree, claiming "girls" don't care about legs and huge legs are not practical. Yeah, huge arms and chest are practical as fuck.

lol, like that has anything to do with legs size.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »

There is truth to what you say.  Chicks seem to focus on shoulders and chest.
A

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:16:01 AM »

345lbs  :'(
But that was about half a year ago, I never do 1 rep max, only tried it once.
I usually stick to 10 - 20 reps (depending if I'm dieting or not) with 225lbs. and then i'll go up to 315lbs and do 5 or 6 reps of that, then back down to 275, 245, 225, 135.
I seem to do better with higher reps, but I keep that 315 5 - 6 rep set in there just in case  :P

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »

If you are able to complete this workout I guarantee you massive quads.

ass to grass squats 5 sets 25 to 30 reps
walking lunges  5 sets 20 reps
leg press   5 sets 20 reps ( go all the way down on the dam legpress)
stiff legged deadlifts  5 sets 15 reps
leg curls 5 sets 15 reps

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:04:27 AM »
If you are able to complete this workout I guarantee you massive quads.

ass to grass squats 5 sets 25 to 30 reps
walking lunges  5 sets 20 reps
leg press   5 sets 20 reps ( go all the way down on the dam legpress)
stiff legged deadlifts  5 sets 15 reps
leg curls 5 sets 15 reps

You've never completed this in your life...

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »

Truth

the trainer

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 10:57:20 AM »

This is my regular leg routine there is no shame in admitting that you cant handle it not all of us can be hardcore, just keep working your chest and arms johnny bravo.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:09 AM »
Does anyone actually believe that women really care about ripped-to-the bone, humongous quads? lol. Only people on a bodybuilding forum would believe that lol. Ridiculous.
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Does anyone actually believe that women really care about ripped-to-the bone, humongous quads? lol. Only people on a bodybuilding forum would believe that lol. Ridiculous.

Now ARMS are a different story altogether!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

Yep, completely ridiculous.  Most women don't want a man with chicken legs, but not necessarily "big legs" either. 

I think it again comes back to the infamous swimmer's build for most women.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
Ever considered competing with WBFF?

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 11:22:32 AM »
Yep, completely ridiculous.  Most women don't want a man with chicken legs, but not necessarily "big legs" either. 

Bullshit any woman would find this sexy.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
Powerful quads, thick hamstrings and big strong calves are what defines a bodybuilder. Nobody wants a guy with scrawny legs around. It doesn't matter how many curls and pec-deck you do. If you have no legs you are NOT a bodybuilder.
this is what every t rex with worst arm genetics tells themself

lol

this is what a woman want

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »
Now ARMS are a different story altogether!

Women like arms and chest. You think a women is going to say, "wow, your gastrocnemius  is quite impressive?"  ::) :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 11:39:32 AM »

If a guy has a good upper body, and he reveals his legs to his women for the first time and they are skinny, I doubt she is going to throw her arms up in the air and say, "you have chicken legs. i am dumping you."

As long as her man looks good in a shirt so she can brag to her friends about her boyfriends body. Thats all that matters.
X

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
only thing i do for quads is 4 sets of hack squat machine once a week

i dont want them to get too big

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »
i agree about legs man,i aint got the hugest legs but i brake my ass in the leg room, i throw up sometimes after legs. even if a guys legs aint the hugest but hes in the leg room squatting hard and doing leg presses,hacks ect i still give him credit bigtime
R

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »
this is what women want; tall lean toned handsome face and preferably a fat wallet. Requires just a bit of training and luck in the genetics department.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
only thing i do for quads is 4 sets of hack squat machine once a week

i dont want them to get too big

pretty good legs man,good job
R

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
Woman aren't too concerned about legs but you should have a thick (as a cock) ass.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Ever considered competing with WBFF?
Nah, I want to try out the OPA (Ontario Physique Association) and see how I stack up. Maybe it will change in the future, but for now I have my eyes set on the OPA.
Plus, my shitty legs need to be hidden for me to do well anyway  ;D