Author Topic: +  (Read 2205 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The issue and article is about Hispanics blaming repubs for blocking immigration reform.  You are trying to say that the article is based on a false premise because the majority of Hispanics aren't in favor of immigration reform. 

I think that's wrong so I'm correcting you by saying the majority of Hispanics ARE in favor of immigration reform. 

For clarity (and in fairness, something your spin-happy self is not well-acquainted with), I'll say that it could very well be that the majority of Hispanics don't favor all parts of Obama's version of immigration reform... but they DO favor some sort of immigration reform. 

Shee-it, no one, probably not even you, thinks the current system is satisfactory.  (Even repubs that oppose immigration reform likely want a better system;  They're just afraid that the cheap labor spigot will get shut off if any reform starts to take place.)

That is all.

Good grief.  I didn't say "the majority of Hispanics aren't in favor of immigration reform."  What they don't support is "reform" that includes amnesty, which is precisely what the president and Republicans are advocating. 

You get a D for that effort. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Good grief.  I didn't say "the majority of Hispanics aren't in favor of immigration reform."  What they don't support is "reform" that includes amnesty, which is precisely what the president and Republicans are advocating. 

Oh, OK.  I misunderstood you, then.  My bad.  I'll buy that that the majority of legal Hispanics in the USA don't support amnesty.

Only other quibbles I have with what you've written is that I think it's misleading to say that amnesty is being advocated by "Republicans" when the truth is that it's only some and not nearly all Republicans.  Also, one shouldn't assume that immigration reform/overhaul includes amnesty. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
but the GOP will need them for '16 prez election.
w