Author Topic: Cain Velasquez hurt his knee and is out of UFC 180  (Read 7465 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Re: Cain Velasquez hurt his knee and is out of UFC 180
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »
That PED testing owning the UFC

Every event has fighters pulling out all the time now  ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »
UFC shits getting old with all their champions getting hurt and dropping out, Werdum will just take it to the ground and submit Hunt, another PPV not worth buying

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »
Noooooo

What a pity, i was looking forward to this.  Wedie VS Hunt will be a totally different matter (one-sided)

But we will correct all of this.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 03:13:32 PM »
UFC shits getting old with all their champions getting hurt and dropping out, Werdum will just take it to the ground and submit Hunt, another PPV not worth buying

Werdum almost died the other day (from carbon monoxide poisoning)

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/10/18/6997949/fabricio-werdum-nearly-dies-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-mexico

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »
That PED testing owning the UFC

Every event has fighters pulling out all the time now  ;D

It's something, man.  Could be the level of contact in training but it does seems like MMA is the one combat sport with the ones last minute withdrawals.
A

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
Not very surprising since Cain hasn't fought in months.
Surprising how long these guys can go without a payday though.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
It's something, man.  Could be the level of contact in training but it does seems like MMA is the one combat sport with the ones last minute withdrawals.
The testing has scared most fighters and so they don't use like before. Fighters testing positive are getting the axe now or fined severely.

Guys are getting injured now because recovery is hard after training.

Just think back in the older days, the fighters use to fight more often and now these guys fight once or twice a year....

Guys were juiced to the gills back then

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
that sucks,was waiting to see cain pound werdums head thru the canvas when werdum trys pulling guard
R

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 05:19:51 AM »
Not very surprising since Cain hasn't fought in months.
Surprising how long these guys can go without a payday though.

In the past 3 years, Cain has only fought two guys: Bigfoot (twice) and Junior Dos Santos (three times).

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:31 AM »
This is BS...The guy fights about once a year...If he can't stay healthy enough to defend his title on a regular basis, he should be stripped.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
The testing has scared most fighters and so they don't use like before. Fighters testing positive are getting the axe now or fined severely.

Guys are getting injured now because recovery is hard after training.

Just think back in the older days, the fighters use to fight more often and now these guys fight once or twice a year....

Guys were juiced to the gills back then

I'm not denying something weird is happening.  I tend to agree with your assessment.  Boy do I missed the drug fueled days of Pride. I like my fighters like I like my beef, full of hormones.
A

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

Indeed.

Never thought i'd lose interest as i've been watching for a long time but the thrill is now over for me.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »

I'm not denying something weird is happening.  I tend to agree with your assessment.  Boy do I missed the drug fueled days of Pride. I like my fighters like I like my beef, full of hormones.
Drug testing in professional sports is a joke, 2014, every athlete on this planet is on lots of stuff... Let them freely juice to the gills in a somewhat level playing field, that's what fans and spectators want to see, records, incredible inhuman feats, and so on...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »
cain made over a million dollars last year,not bad for just fighting 2 guys.heath had to compete against over 30 guys in the olympia n what did he make,100,000 dollars?
R

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 02:30:29 PM »
Dana destroyed the UFC by bring women into fighting...Wonder why major league baseball doesn't bring in women's softball during the World Series?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 02:44:09 PM »
Dana destroyed the UFC by bring women into fighting...Wonder why major league baseball doesn't bring in women's softball during the World Series?

My guess is that when Rhonda quits to go do movies, women will be dropped and never seen again.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »

Because there is no limit to what Dana would do to get ratings and make money including be a human freakshow dispenser while MLB takes their craft much more seriously and would never disrespect it by doing that. White doesn't care about the sport and the respect that comes with it he merely cares for the money it creates.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
Shit I was so looking foeward to the Cain fight. My fav fighters.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »

Why can't these modern fighters who are supposedly so great fight more than once a year.

Robbie Lawler is one of the few tough people left in the sport.

I can't stand it when people say "Its because of how hard they go in training" utter bullshit , guys have been blowing their balls out in training for 20 years and its never been this bad. UFC and alot of the fighters are becoming a joke.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »

cains tough,always has great game plan,crazy bob cook and javier vasquez r genius when it comes to making game plans for guys like cain and daniel cormier
R

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »
Cain Velasquez is the best pound for pound fighter..
He just needs to stay healthy to stay relevant in the eyes of the ufc / mma fans..
Bummed out he got injured again  :'(

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
i can testify to this tho,that any fighter at ufc level and even below is going into their fights with some injuries,no one fights totally injury free,if they do they did a 3 week rush job training camp cause they got the call from dana after a fighter on the card got hurt like in cains case.in my younger days i did judo n my a coach from a neighbor dojo in our city that i became freinds with used to say what hurts today on morning of tournaments and id tell him where im all banged up n he would smile and say that means u r ready.i didnt understand it then but i caught on,he meant that if i was truelly training hard enough in the dojo that id have atleast a injury or 2,if i was not hurt at all he knew i was dogging it in training.words of wisdom there
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »
mark hunt has been demolishing tiny tits for a few decades

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 06:52:11 AM »
Drug testing in professional sports is a joke, 2014, every athlete on this planet is on lots of stuff... Let them freely juice to the gills in a somewhat level playing field, that's what fans and spectators want to see, records, incredible inhuman feats, and so on...
Do you really think the do-gooders would ever allow such a thing?  Better to fight a moral war on drugs that kills a thousand times the amount that drug use ever would.
V