Author Topic: Cain Velasquez hurt his knee and is out of UFC 180  (Read 7463 times)

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Cain Velasquez hurt his knee and is out of UFC 180
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 06:54:05 AM »
Dana destroyed the UFC by bring women into fighting...Wonder why major league baseball doesn't bring in women's softball during the World Series?

I have to disagree with you. The best seasons of TUF lately have been the ones with women in them. When it was both men and women not too long ago, the women's fights were much more entertaining than the mens. Plus there is some girl on girl scissoring going on in those fights. That is a good thing.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »
The chicks go at it with full fury which makes them very enjoyable... also women move pretty funny and at looks somewhat corny.
The men's fights are too professional which neuters their appeal. I miss the Tank Abbott/Kimo days.... unique characters, aggression and mayhem is all I need.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:11 AM »
mark hunt has been demolishing tiny tits for a few decades

And he will keep doing so throughout his 40's.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
I have to disagree with you. The best seasons of TUF lately have been the ones with women in them. When it was both men and women not too long ago, the women's fights were much more entertaining than the mens. Plus there is some girl on girl scissoring going on in those fights. That is a good thing.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be women fighting. It just never should have been in the UFC. Dana should have started another organization totally away from the UFC name for the women. Maybe something as simple as WUFC(Womens Ultimate Fighting Championship). Pretty sad when Ronda Rousy is basically your top headliner in the UFC. That's all i'm saying...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
I'm not saying there shouldn't be women fighting. It just never should have been in the UFC. Dana should have started another organization totally away from the UFC name for the women. Maybe something as simple as WUFC(Womens Ultimate Fighting Championship). Pretty sad when Ronda Rousy is basically your top headliner in the UFC. That's all i'm saying...
That would get zero viewers. They're riding the coattail of mens UFC.

Just like female soccer gets zero viewers. Women don't even support their own gender in sports. They do other shit or rather watch men doing sports.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
And he will keep doing so throughout his 40's.
He is an exciting fighter, but his mma record is terrible.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »
He is an exciting fighter, but his mma record is terrible.

For a kickboxer its pretty good. He has taken out all of the UFC's prospects and some good veterans in devastating fashion.

Kongo
Struve
Rothwell
Nelson

And he gave Silva a beating too.

And they were ALL slated to beat him with no trouble lol.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 03:35:53 PM »
Cain had a successful surgery on his injured knee. He wants to be back in the Octogon by March.

"The approximate timetable is that Velasquez will be ready to train again in December, and they are targeting early March for a fight. It is rumored that UFC 184 will be on Feb. 28 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. With the strong Hispanic population of the Los Angeles market, Velasquez is a natural headliner. He's already fought three times in the market, once at the Staples Center and twice at the Honda Center in Anaheim, including his first title win over Brock Lesnar four years ago. But that date may be pushing it slightly, and it's expected Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort would headline that show. Velasquez against the winner of the Nov. 15 fight between Werdum and Mark Hunt for the interim title could headline in March."

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »
I always thought the introduction of women into the UFC was to attract the female dollar.   I can understand why women like seeing women get beat up, as women hate each other but I have always wondered why any man would want to watch women beat the crap out of each other.
V

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
i hate to say this but this fight with hunt vs werdum is gonna play out fast,its either gonna be hunt knocking werdums head into the third row or werdums gonna try like hell to take him down and once there its pretty much a wrap.either way it should be quick and fun, i hope fun anyway
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »
i hate to say this but this fight with hunt vs werdum is gonna play out fast,its either gonna be hunt knocking werdums head into the third row or werdums gonna try like hell to take him down and once there its pretty much a wrap.either way it should be quick and fun, i hope fun anyway
i remember hunt from K1 where he beat the shit out of lebanner

his leg was so hurt, lebanner would only need a few kicks to hunt leg to finish him

but hunt kept baiting lebanner with his concrete head

"come on you pussy hit me on my head you cant punch me down lol"

and lebanner stupid idiot went for it

the result was expected, in punch distance lebanner got demolish by big fat hunt

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »

his leg was so hurt, lebanner would only need a few kicks to hunt leg to finish him

the result was expected, in punch distance lebanner got demolish by big fat hunt
Remember that match like it was yesterday, Hunt a warrior with that destroyed leg, always wars with Le Banner...
For a kickboxer its pretty good. He has taken out all of the UFC's prospects and some good veterans in devastating fashion.

Kongo
Struve
Rothwell
Nelson

And he gave Silva a beating too.

And they were ALL slated to beat him with no trouble lol.
The fight with JDS was also competitive, rocked him, and he had a foot problem... For being "old" and out of prime he's doing good in UFC...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »

lebonner's brain only weighs around 350gramms - as stated by the Japanese institute of chimpanzee science.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
Remember that match like it was yesterday, Hunt a warrior with that destroyed leg, always wars with Le Banner...The fight with JDS was also competitive, rocked him, and he had a foot problem... For being "old" and out of prime he's doing good in UFC...

Hunt is an unworldly tough and resilient human being, probably as tough as genetically possible which contributes to his success. Not saying he's not skilled the guy was built to kickbox and has serious technical skill  ability and coordination.

He's what people love , a stout striker with good takedown defense and a spirit that won't die. Arguably the most exciting ACTIVE HW fighter at the current time too.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
Hunt is an unworldly tough and resilient human being, probably as tough as genetically possible which contributes to his success. Not saying he's not skilled the guy was built to kickbox and has serious technical skill  ability and coordination.

He's what people love , a stout striker with good takedown defense and a spirit that won't die. Arguably the most exciting ACTIVE HW fighter at the current time too.
True, but it shows how weak the hw division is.

There is no way that Hunt deserves a title shot if he wins.

Most guys need to win 4-5 fights in a row , and only if they are big names, to get a chance at the title.

This is pure desperation by the UFC.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »
Kongo/Velasquez was a great fight

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »

Most guys need to win 4-5 fights in a row , and only if they are big names, to get a chance at the title.

Again, I posted who he's beaten in the UFC recently and those are some of the other fighters competing for title shot. He wiped them out most by knockout.

He has beat alot of the same fighter Cain has so what does that say about the current champions legitimacy?

Starting to think you are just a 'tuf'fer'.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 08:30:27 AM »

Hunt had a good fight with Junior Dos Santos.

Although Hunt did get KO'd with a spinning kick to the head.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »
im interested to see if werdum is gonna try to use the same type of gameplan he used against brown,maybe ill reword that and say use the same type of striking style he used with brown.reason im saying this is cause alot of grapplers have known to try and strike with guys who r known as great strikers to try to prove something to the people saying stuff like (u better take him down quick or else)ive seen great grapplers like werdum fall victim to that and go away from their strengths and start striking with a great striker only to get nailed and lose,i know werdum had a decent showing against brown in the striking but brown aint by no means in the same league as hunt,not close.hunt just needs one halfway clean shot and i dont care who it is they r going down,maybe not totally out if it wasnt clean but mark can finish with some nasty GROUND AND POUND
R

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
Kongo/Velasquez was a great fight

funny he gets is lights truned off twice and still stands back up