Author Topic: This Is the Average Man's Body  (Read 4349 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
This Is the Average Man's Body
« on: October 22, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/10/this-is-the-average-mans-body/280194/

Todd is the most typical of American men (BELOW). His proportions are based on averages from CDC anthropometric data. As a U.S. male age 30 to 39, his body mass index (BMI) is 29; just one shy of the medical definition of obese. At five-feet-nine-inches tall, his waist is 39 inches.

Don't let the hyperrealistic toes fool you; Todd is an avatar. I gave Todd his name, and gave his life a narrative arc, but he is actually the child of graphic artist Nickolay Lamm as part of his Body Measurement Project.

Todd would prefer perfection—or at least something superlative, even if it's bad—to being average. But Todd is perfect only in being average. With this perfection comes the privilege of radical singularity, which is visible in his eyes.

Though in his face this reads lonesome, Todd does have three international guyfriends. They met at a convention for people with perfectly average bodies, where each won the award for most average body in their respective country: U.S., Japan, Netherlands, and France. The others' BMIs, based on data from each country's national health centers, are 23.7, 25.2, and 25.6.

US, JAPAN, NETHERLANDS AND FRANCE

I named them all Todd, actually, even though it could be confusing, because not everyone's name is a testament to their cultural heritage.

Most people look better from their left, but Lamm rendered the Todds from their right, just because he can. To these men, Nickolay is God.

Avatars of various ethnicities are important, because obesity depends on culture and genetics. The weight of everyone's destiny may be equal, but some countries are fat, and others are not. The World Health Organization cares about that, because understanding the differences should help to explicate causes.

George Maat, a professor emeritus of anthropology at Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands, has said that within another 50 years, the Dutch Todd could be six-foot-three. Several years ago the Netherlands was compelled to increase building code standards for door frames. If in the last half-century the American physical form has been expelled from international imagination as an ideal, we might presently look at the situation not just as failure, but with optimism for what we might become.

So does history. Fifty years ago, American Todd would not have been round. The trend is not unique to men, either; Lamm just chose to work with white male renderings. The same CDC data puts the female BMI in this age group at 28.7.

Americans are also losing ground in height. For most of two centuries, until 60 years ago, the U.S. population was the tallest in the world. Now the average American man is three inches shorter than the Dutch man, who averages six feet. Japanese averages are also gaining on Americans'. Anthropologists tie these recent changes primarily to diet and lifestyle, as we've turned habitable wilderness into excess.
X

Simple Simon

Re: This Is the Average Man's Body
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:31:43 PM »
They used denarii as the model.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
Useless without cock pics.

By the by anyone dumb enough not to know that was an avatar from the get go should be forcefully injected with ebola ridden blood.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »

haha, lol. i would also say they used shizzos body ha. but i think shizzo is bigger than that  :-X :-X
X

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »
can't imagine looking like that at 60 let alone 30
b

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
That first one is a fat fuck. mmkay?

And everyone including the jap have child bearing hips.

the trainer

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/10/this-is-the-average-mans-body/280194/

Todd is the most typical of American men (BELOW). His proportions are based on averages from CDC anthropometric data. As a U.S. male age 30 to 39, his body mass index (BMI) is 29; just one shy of the medical definition of obese. At five-feet-nine-inches tall, his waist is 39 inches.

Don't let the hyperrealistic toes fool you; Todd is an avatar. I gave Todd his name, and gave his life a narrative arc, but he is actually the child of graphic artist Nickolay Lamm as part of his Body Measurement Project.

Todd would prefer perfection—or at least something superlative, even if it's bad—to being average. But Todd is perfect only in being average. With this perfection comes the privilege of radical singularity, which is visible in his eyes.

Though in his face this reads lonesome, Todd does have three international guyfriends. They met at a convention for people with perfectly average bodies, where each won the award for most average body in their respective country: U.S., Japan, Netherlands, and France. The others' BMIs, based on data from each country's national health centers, are 23.7, 25.2, and 25.6.

US, JAPAN, NETHERLANDS AND FRANCE

I named them all Todd, actually, even though it could be confusing, because not everyone's name is a testament to their cultural heritage.

Most people look better from their left, but Lamm rendered the Todds from their right, just because he can. To these men, Nickolay is God.

Avatars of various ethnicities are important, because obesity depends on culture and genetics. The weight of everyone's destiny may be equal, but some countries are fat, and others are not. The World Health Organization cares about that, because understanding the differences should help to explicate causes.

George Maat, a professor emeritus of anthropology at Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands, has said that within another 50 years, the Dutch Todd could be six-foot-three. Several years ago the Netherlands was compelled to increase building code standards for door frames. If in the last half-century the American physical form has been expelled from international imagination as an ideal, we might presently look at the situation not just as failure, but with optimism for what we might become.

So does history. Fifty years ago, American Todd would not have been round. The trend is not unique to men, either; Lamm just chose to work with white male renderings. The same CDC data puts the female BMI in this age group at 28.7.

Americans are also losing ground in height. For most of two centuries, until 60 years ago, the U.S. population was the tallest in the world. Now the average American man is three inches shorter than the Dutch man, who averages six feet. Japanese averages are also gaining on Americans'. Anthropologists tie these recent changes primarily to diet and lifestyle, as we've turned habitable wilderness into excess.

So this is my competition in da club, dam I have no competition no wonder I score so often, I must say that america has some of the worst eating habits on the planet and we are spreading our junk food to the rest of the planet increasing obesity.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Most people are way fatter than that actually.  They are being WAY too generous with these models.

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Are you finally posting pics of "the trainer"?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »
Most people are way fatter than that actually.  They are being WAY too generous with these models.

I would agree

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
son of a bitch they nailed me  :-\

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 03:18:27 AM »
Average Dutch guy looks way too good wtf.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »
The problem is that too many of our undesirables are breeding.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 04:22:37 AM »
The problem is that too many of our undesirables are breeding.

Modern medicine and "society" have displaced Darwinism for perfecting the male body.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 04:26:09 AM »
Modern medicine and "society" have displaced Darwinism for perfecting the male body.

x2

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 05:55:51 AM »
I would agree
You also think it's a good idea to get high and drive around with drugs in your car. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 06:03:01 AM »

I thought the same thing .

even the people you see walking outside (doing cardio at the park) are fatter.

Wooosshhhhhhh

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 06:11:12 AM »

haha, lol. i would also say they used shizzos body ha. but i think shizzo is bigger than that  :-X :-X
Can't ban these guns Obama.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:12 AM »
Can't ban these guns Obama.
You've got some serious mental problems.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:52 AM »
You've got some serious mental problems.
Hahahahahaha

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:21 AM »

Yes I agree.  "Todd" looks like way under a 29 BMI to me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 07:24:49 AM »
What a fag name.  'Todd'

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »

::)

I have blonde hair

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »

I agree.  The researcher is being way to kind. 
A

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Decent delts on Todd, he obviously does his shoulder presses without back support and goes all the way down on every rep.

Murica is getting shorter because of the mass influx of Mexican munchkin DNA