Author Topic: Scumbag BONO keeps 98.8 percent of money given to his charity  (Read 9338 times)

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Scumbag BONO keeps 98.8 percent of money given to his charity
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving little over 1% of funds to charity

Bono's anti-poverty foundation ONE is under pressure to explain its finances after it was revealed that only a small percentage of money it raises reaches the needy.

The non-profit organisation set up by the U2 frontman received almost £9.6million in donations in 2008 but handed out only £118,000 to good causes (1.2 per cent).

The figures published by the New York Post also show that £5.1million went towards paying salaries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314543/Bonos-ONE-foundation-giving-tiny-percentage-funds-charity.html#ixzz3Gx8UayOu

Ψ

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Scumbag BONO keeps 98.8 percent of money given to his charity
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:18 AM »
I dont give a shit.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 02:20:56 AM »
did cher get any of it or did bono keep it all
R

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:16 AM »
A lot of charities operate like this.  Charities are scams for the most.  It's better to donate your time that way you know what you put in is directly benefiting someone.
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 04:24:11 AM »
"Charity" oh brother

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:15 AM »
This morning, I missed my train by couple of minutes and had half hour to burn before the next one. Popped into Mcdonalds and there was a guy sitting one table in from the door, who had obviously slept out that night and was looking cold. I walked past, and then double back and lightly shook him on the shoulder (he was dozing a little) and asked "Hey pal, did you want a hot drink?" he was very thankful, but said that someone else was grabbing him a drink, so I wished him well.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:33:07 AM »
A lot of charities operate like this.  Charities are scams for the most.  It's better to donate your time that way you know what you put in is directly benefiting someone.
This... And Bono Vox is a Knight Of Malta also...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:30 AM »
Boner

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:53 AM »
This morning, I missed my train by couple of minutes and had half hour to burn before the next one. Popped into Mcdonalds and there was a guy sitting one table in from the door, who had obviously slept out that night and was looking cold. I walked past, and then double back and lightly shook him on the shoulder (he was dozing a little) and asked "Hey pal, did you want a hot drink?" he was very thankful, but said that someone else was grabbing him a drink, so I wished him well.

How is the med school going BC?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:41:30 AM »
 ;)
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:44 AM »
All these celebrity foundation charities are a scam. They donate their own money to it to avoid paying taxes on it. Then as the head of the foundation they use it to draw a salary and do what ever they want with the money like claiming huge administrative fees. There was a big star who I won't mention that had a cancer foundation and didn't donate a penny for two years claiming administration and advertising fees.

In NJ you have big stars like Springteen and Bon Jovi who claim where they live is a working farm and avoid paying taxes on their properties.

Another scam is when you go to a store and they ask if you want to donate a dollar to a charity of their choice. They donate the money with their corporate name with a check and it becomes a tax write off for them with your donations. Isn't it nice of (insert your big company name) that they donated 2 million bucks to a cause? They can also take administrative money for doing the charity.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 05:06:34 AM »
Bono falcons trolling real life
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »
All these celebrity foundation charities are a scam. They donate their own money to it to avoid paying taxes on it. Then as the head of the foundation they use it to draw a salary and do what ever they want with the money like claiming huge administrative fees. There was a big star who I won't mention that had a cancer foundation and didn't donate a penny for two years claiming administration and advertising fees.

In NJ you have big stars like Springteen and Bon Jovi who claim where they live is a working farm and avoid paying taxes on their properties.

Another scam is when you go to a store and they ask if you want to donate a dollar to a charity of their choice. They donate the money with their corporate name with a check and it becomes a tax write off for them with your donations. Isn't it nice of (insert your big company name) that they donated 2 million bucks to a cause? They can also take administrative money for doing the charity.

Excellent post!

"1"

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
 >:(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:54 AM »
Remember watching a 60 minutes interview with him at his $15 million dollar villa in France complaining why people don't give more to Africa.  Lost all respect that day for him.  Fucking rich asshole.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »
This is why I joined Rotary Club.  Rotary Club had changed my mindset substantially. Any executives here should think about this.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
U2 moved part of their business from Ireland to The Netherlands to pay a lower tax rate on their royalties

As The Irish Times explains, the band has largely refused to comment on the controversy, which started nearly three years ago:

In 2006, U2 moved part of their business from Ireland to The Netherlands, where the tax rate on royalty earnings is far lower than in this country. This followed an Irish Government decision to limit tax-free earnings for artists. Prior to this, all artistic earnings had been tax-free. Now artists would have to pay tax on earnings over 250,000 euros.

Criticism of the band’s business decision from fellow Irish residents with less elaborate tax arrangements started almost immediately. As Slate noted in 2006, Fergal O’Brien of Bloomberg News began an article from Dublin this way:

Bono, the rock star and campaigner against Third World debt, is asking the Irish government to contribute more to Africa. At the same time, he’s reducing tax payments that could help fund that aid.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/u2-respond-to-critics-of-their-deal-with-the-taxman/

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09:53 AM »
Remember watching a 60 minutes interview with him at his $15 million dollar villa in France complaining why people don't give more to Africa.  Lost all respect that day for him.  Fucking rich asshole.
haha spot on. Could be said of any rich person, when you re rich, your primary purpose in life is to stay rich.

the trainer

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
The only way I would donate money is it if the person that needs it was right there in front of me.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »
haha spot on. Could be said of any rich person, when you re rich, your primary purpose in life is to stay rich.

thats not true....

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »

Bullshit - I guarantee you I donate a MUCH larger percentage of my income than you do. How much of your TIME do you donate?? Not a fucking second I bet. Unless you consider sitting on your skinny fat ass and bitching because you and your family are failures - "donating to the cause"

You are where you are because your lazy and haven't the drive and motivation to succeed. I was t given a fucking thing - I earned and I deserve EVERY penny.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »
Brutal  :-\

Can't trust many people nowadays.
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
thats not true....

Exactly right - love how the have nots know SO much about the wealthy. Lol. If you know so much then why not join the club?????

BUT - as far as the pieces of shit that use the system - FUCK THEM. They are trash and in my opinion they haven't built wealth - they've STOLEN..  If you have a charity like Make A Wish that does such awesome work having their image tarnished by the piece of garbage GoodWill thief it sickens me

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »
I don't donate money anymore AT ALL.....I employ people who do jobs I need done, it gives them pride while I get some value for my $ (I tend to overpay  ;))

At church we had a lady mid 40's couldn't afford gas to come to church, I offered to pay her $25 every time she came (her gas cost $10 at best both ways) but she needed to tidy up the church after services (45 min light cleaning at best)....she refused, I smiled when I walked away............the end.

PS one of my favorite Wayne quotes "Boy, I don't give jobs, I hire MEN!"

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »
Maybe when Bono says "anti-poverty", he's referring to his own self?

Do they keep the interest that's generated over the many, many months they hold the money, too?