Author Topic: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old  (Read 22311 times)

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
Re: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 05:24:29 AM »
Love the stance of Tbo there!

Is it the pose of "cancer"? :D
Warrior crab stance :D

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:04 AM »

aaah, those were the days...  8)

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 05:41:45 AM »

aaah, those were the days...  8)
half life?

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »
yup. :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 05:49:51 AM »
Add raging redneck to the list of AJ ailments  :D

Deep down, I think he would love a post apocalyptic world.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 06:05:19 AM »
Add raging redneck to the list of AJ ailments  :D

Deep down, I think he would love a post apocalyptic world.

Today, I am a raging homeowner as the nor'easter is bringing water into my basement.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:30 AM »
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/rare-albino-deer-bagged-11-year-old/

An 11-year-old Michigan hunter last week killed a rare albino deer while on a hunting trip with his father.

This week, the story is generating a wide range of emotional feedback on Facebook.

Gavin’s father, Mick Dingman, told WZZM 13 that he and his son had spotted the white deer several times in recent the years, and that other hunters had talked about trying to bag the animal.

An admittedly nervous Gavin used a crossbow from 30 yards to harvest the 12-point trophy buck, and the news quickly spread in hunting circles.

“He kind of feels like a rock star right now,” Mick Dingman said. “Everyone is calling, all of the hunting shows and hunting magazines.”

Sentiments being expressed on the WZZM 13 Facebook page, where the albino deer story has been shared more than 4,000 times, are somewhat mixed.

“He should have let it live. There are plenty of others out there,” reads one of hundreds of comments.

“If it’s rare, why the hell would he kill it?” reads another.

future serial killer right there, he's got the eyes of madness... his mother should be proud....
F

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 06:43:15 AM »
Give him some slack, he is a kid. Most kid's don't understand to value life. I used to torture insects or my neighbours puppy for fun.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 06:51:24 AM »
Ah yes, hunting threads, bringing out all kinds of hypocritical holier than thou types vehemtly attacking others via illogical, emotional outbursts.

Great thread.

FYI, most hunters eat what they kill. I havent hunted since i was a kid, and i only used to hunt ducks and geese with my old man, but we ate everything we shot. People that rail against hunting usually have zero clue what actually happens and zero clue how hypocritical they are.

Carry on.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »
I would kill the deer if it were legal. In Tennessee shooting a true albino that has pink eyes and pigmentation of the ears is illegal.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »
A lot of delusional meat-eaters ITT that pay somebody else to kill animals for them.

At least the kid understands what he does.

Exactly.

All the haters had better be vegans...or they should shut the fuck up.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 07:41:03 AM »
Exactly.

All the haters had better be vegans...or they should shut the fuck up.

This. Young kid learning the responsibility to use a weapon, respect animals, and the woods. That animal needed to be taken out of the gene pool.

Guys who are against this probably have sons that never turn off their playstation and would catch a cold if they went outside for more then 10 minutes.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:31 AM »
This. Young kid learning the responsibility to use a weapon, respect animals, and the woods. That animal needed to be taken out of the gene pool.

Guys who are against this probably have sons that never turn off their playstation and would catch a cold if they went outside for more then 10 minutes.
The issue is when people hunt for fun, not food.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »

I hear this cliche saying all the time (that kids who learn how to hunt are learning how to respect mother nature and all that crap). Show me the evidence of this. Is there any indication that because one learns how to hunt, that one is going to respect mother nature? In fact, I think the opposite would happen. I think man's continued assumption that he can dominate and pillage mother nature and not respect her would be influenced by hunting. Youre teaching a young kid that if he wants anything from nature, he can just take it by force by using a weapon. Is his father really teaching him about the biodiversity of life, the repercussions of certain actions against nature, the cycles of the earth, etc. I doubt it. Not a very egalitarian way to live with nature.  I never learned how to hunt or shoot a gun when I was younger and I still have respect for mother nature (the woods).

As stated above, the whole bullshit statement of, "These fine young boys are learning how to respect mother nature by shooting an innocent dear" (or however you want to phrase it) is so cliche. Its a hunters most famous line when teaching his young son how to kill something.

You realize you can easily bring your child into the woods and have them explore mother nature without killing anything. I knew someone who had his PhD in Ecology. Him and his children used to go into the woods and explore the plants, wildlife, etc. They never killed anything. His kids respect the woods. The father used to teach them all sorts of interesting facts about mother nature. That is how you get someone to respect something else. Not just by blowing away a dear.

My post has little to do with meat eaters or vegans. If someone kills and eats their food I am fine with that. I just hate the bullshit statement (that is almost always used) that this kid is learning respect for mother nature. It seems like many of these little kids who go out and kill stuff have the exact same mentality as their fathers, i.e., pompous, manly, "we are better than everyone" attitude about them. Grrrr, we killed an innocent dear 100 yards away with a rifle. So manly and tough.  :-\ :-\
X

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »
I hear this cliche saying all the time (that kids who learn how to hunt are learning how to respect mother nature and all that crap). Show me the evidence of this. Is there any indication that because one learns how to hunt, that one is going to respect mother nature? In fact, I think the opposite would happen. I think man's continued assumption that he can dominate and pillage mother nature and not respect her would be influenced by hunting. Youre teaching a young kid that if he wants anything from nature, he can just take it by force by using a weapon. Not a very egalitarian way to live with nature.  I never learned how to hunt or shoot a gun when I was younger and I still have respect for mother nature (the woods).

As stated above, the whole bullshit statement of, "These fine young boys are learning how to respect mother nature by shooting an innocent dear" (or however you want to phrase it) is so cliche. Its a hunters most famous line when teaching his young son how to kill something.

You realize you can easily bring your child into the woods and have them explore mother nature without killing anything. I knew someone who had his PhD in Ecology. Him and his children used to go into the woods and explore the plants, wildlife, etc. They never killed anything. His kids respect the woods.

My post has little to do with meat eaters or vegans. If someone kills and eats their food I am fine with that. I just hate the bullshit statement (that is almost always used) that this kid is learning respect for mother nature. It seems like many of these little kids who go out and kill stuff have the exact same mentality as their fathers, i.e., pompous, manly, "we are better than everyone" attitude about them. Grrrr, we killed an innocent dear 100 yards away with a rifle. So manly and tough.  :-\ :-\

If you grow up hunting you learn to take care of that environment. The only evidence I can show you is the amount of trash I carry out of the woods with me. I love to hunt and I love the woods I spend all day in. Therefore I take care of it, so it will remain such a place.

I live near a very large and popular nature center with a hundred miles of walking trails. Theirs wrappers and trash all over the place. The state forest that everyone hunts in is clean as it was 1,000 years ago.

That's great that your friend takes their kids out, but if you have an issue with hunting your just a modern day wimp. Your statement about taking whatever you want from nature with force tells me you've never spent any amount of time in the woods.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 08:23:31 AM »
If you grow up hunting you learn to take care of that environment. The only evidence I can show you is the amount of trash I carry out of the woods with me. I love to hunt and I love the woods I spend all day in. Therefore I take care of it, so it will remain such a place.

I live near a very large and popular nature center with a hundred miles of walking trails. Theirs wrappers and trash all over the place. The state forest that everyone hunts in is clean as it was 1,000 years ago.

That's great that your friend takes their kids out, but if you have an issue with hunting your just a modern day wimp. Your statement about taking whatever you want from nature with force tells me you've never spent any amount of time in the woods.

ha, yes, and I am sure you are such a manly man because you hunt  ::) ::) Oh brotha, another idiot who equates hunting with being a man. another Branch Warren-type. Grrrr.

There is a difference between hunting and taking something by force. If you can't see the difference, than you're an idiot.

If you consider me a wimp because i am against this sort of cruelty (hunting elephants for tusks) then consider me a wimp. To me, this sort of barbarism, is taking something by force. I do not need to spend time in the woods to know this.

X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
That elephant was killed by poachers, not by hunters. If you knew anything about hunting in Africa, you'd know that even trophy hunters in Africa give the meat to the indigenous people. And they eat it.

Plus, now that the anti-ivory laws are in place, the plains are overrun with elephant and the game wardens shoot them from helicopters with machine guns. So much for your love of nature.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »
I don't know if I would have killed the deer.  I'm not against hunting on principle but I think if I saw an albino dear I would have let him live even if it was for one extra day as thanks for the unique opportunity I was granted to something so rare up close.

I have venison in my freezer right now.
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »

this deer was winning the battle against nature, because it was born without camouflage.

white people  ::)

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:44 AM »
ha, yes, and I am sure you are such a manly man because you hunt  ::) ::) Oh brotha, another idiot who equates hunting with being a man. another Branch Warren-type. Grrrr.

There is a difference between hunting and taking something by force. If you can't see the difference, than you're an idiot.

If you consider me a wimp because i am against this sort of cruelty (hunting elephants for tusks) then consider me a wimp. To me, this sort of barbarism, is taking something by force. I do not need to spend time in the woods to know this.

I guess I am because that's hunting by definition. Pretty tough to kill an animal without force. Your comparing a good clean legal kill to poaching which is illegal and wrong. At least you admit you have no knowledge of nature.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »

this deer was winning the battle against nature, because it was born without camouflage.

white people  ::)

In defense of the white kid, the deer had just stolen cigars from a local liquor stores minutes before he was killed.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 09:01:59 AM »

Thats poaching...which is horrific and completely different than hunting, which practices sustainability and not wasting anything...kind of the polar opposite of poaching.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
yup. :)
lol
Played half life2 . A lot

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »
I guess I am because that's hunting by definition. Pretty tough to kill an animal without force. Your comparing a good clean legal kill to poaching which is illegal and wrong. At least you admit you have no knowledge of nature.

If you were such a man, then why do you need a high powered rifle to kill an animal? Surely, our ancestors didn't kill that way. Do you really think it takes a man to kill a deer from a 100 yard away with a high powered rifle? I mean, if an 8 year old kid can to do it, then clearly it really doesnt take a manly man to do such a thing.

X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:42 AM »
In defense of the white kid, the deer had just stolen cigars from a local liquor stores minutes before he was killed.
Impossible. The deer is clearly white.