Author Topic: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old  (Read 22314 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
Lots of Duck Dynasty retards in this thread.

Those are the type of people who like to hunt.

Haven't the Duck Dynasty guys been seen as phonies after one of their little girls did Dancing with the Stars with homoerotic dancers?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2014, 06:47:09 AM »
This to me looks like a business.  Taking skins and selling for profit.  It has nothing to do with my comment that a man should know how to hunt and be self sufficient.  It's one of many skills a man should have like farming, building, problem solving, cooking, etc.

Man should be good at multiple tasks...specialization is for insects.

Nonsense.  Back in colonial India wealthy Brits would go on hunting parties with elephants and the locals.  It was not unusual for them to kill upwards of a hundred tigers. This practice is one of the main reasons that tigers are endangered.  I have no problem with killing for food.  Hunting for trophies is a bitch move.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
Nonsense.  Back in colonial India wealthy Brits would go on hunting parties with elephants and the locals.  It was not unusual for them to kill upwards of a hundred tigers. This practice is one of the main reasons that tigers are endangered.  I have no problem with killing for food.  Hunting for trophies is a bitch move.

Hunting for trophies is a right of passage in every culture in history.  The trophy signifies an act of courage and is displayed to show the prowess of the new male joining the adult part of that local society.  Does it get corrupted?  Of course...as your picture of the tigers clearly communicates. Welcome to human nature...it does fucked up things ::)

But those incidents don't overrule the general principle behind that specific right of passage or the important life lessons that can be learned from those types of trials.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
Im more interested to hear if theres any logical arguments for why people SHOULDN'T be allowed to hunt.

I mean, the rules for hunting in the US cover most peoples emotional arguments.... no hunting endangered species, game limits to prevent the animals from being overhunted, sporting rules such as only 3 shells in a shotgun to prevent people from just blasting over and over.   

What right does anyone feel they have to tell another US citizen they shouldnt be allowed to hunt? I mean, were supposed to be the country that allows everyone their opinion and liberty/pursuit of happiness as long as it doesnt physically damage someone elses life/liberty/happiness....

I dont even hunt anymore, but i cannot see a logical argument of why citizens shouldnt be allowed to hunt. Everything ive seen is 'youre killing cute cuddly animals, its not fair, they cant fight back!!!", or showing pictors of horrendous treatment at the hands of poachers, which is not hunting.

Im open to any logicsl argument, im interested if people just dont like the idea, or if they truly think hunting shouldnt be allowed, and if so, what there hustification is for taking such a benign passtime away.... also, if so, are they going to ban fishing? If not, why?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »

Morgan Freeman is finally showing signs of age.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »
Im more interested to hear if theres any logical arguments for why people SHOULDN'T be allowed to hunt.

I mean, the rules for hunting in the US cover most peoples emotional arguments.... no hunting endangered species, game limits to prevent the animals from being overhunted, sporting rules such as only 3 shells in a shotgun to prevent people from just blasting over and over.  

What right does anyone feel they have to tell another US citizen they shouldnt be allowed to hunt? I mean, were supposed to be the country that allows everyone their opinion and liberty/pursuit of happiness as long as it doesnt physically damage someone elses life/liberty/happiness....

I dont even hunt anymore, but i cannot see a logical argument of why citizens shouldnt be allowed to hunt. Everything ive seen is 'youre killing cute cuddly animals, its not fair, they cant fight back!!!", or showing pictors of horrendous treatment at the hands of poachers, which is not hunting.

Im open to any logicsl argument, im interested if people just dont like the idea, or if they truly think hunting shouldnt be allowed, and if so, what there hustification is for taking such a benign passtime away.... also, if so, are they going to ban fishing? If not, why?
I don`t think it should be banned or anything like that.  I just don`t think it makes any logical sense to hunt at all.  Its not cost effective, its unnecessary and its a waste of more animal life.  No point in killing more animals than already killed for meat at the grocery store or which aren`t bred for consumption purposes.

Also, I brought up the dog issue which is a very real one.  A lot of times hunting dogs are treated very poorly and are treated as expendable trash.  Sometimes even, at the end of hunting season, they will just let them go in the woods if they don`t feel like taking care of them (which usually consists of being locked in a tiny pen, living in their own feces) anymore or releasing them if they are injured.  Its a bad situation and could be cleaned up.  I know some hunters do treat their dogs as they should be treated and are model pets, etc, but I think registering dogs as hunting dogs with Game and Wildlife and having them at least do some animal welfare checks would be a good decision.

What I make fun of most though is just people`s justification for hunting.  The only one that makes sense is actually the most barbaric one in my opinion- "its fun", but at least its honest.  The other reason I could see is if someone wanted to or liked the taste of certain animals, but the funny thing is, most suck at cooking anyways, so why waste the time?  Maybe they like the animals for house decor, which is understandable-but its cheaper to buy animals that were stuffed decades ago then it is to have a new one stuffed and mounted.  So that reason is not a very good one.

The other reasons are just absurd and are not really logical in 1st world countries anymore.  

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »
Hunting for trophies is a right of passage in every culture in history.  The trophy signifies an act of courage and is displayed to show the prowess of the new male joining the adult part of that local society.  Does it get corrupted?  Of course...as your picture of the tigers clearly communicates. Welcome to human nature...it does fucked up things ::)

But those incidents don't overrule the general principle behind that specific right of passage or the important life lessons that can be learned from those types of trials.

Your argument might have some historical validity,  certainly it was a right of passage among a lot of primitive tribes.  It meant something to send a boy out into the forest with just a spear to come back with a lion or food for the family. After that he was no longer a boy but a man. But in today's world someone shooting a high powered rifle from a back of a pickup truck or the safety of 100 yards, just doesn't qualify as a right of passage.  But I guess in today's world if you own someone on the internet I guess that makes you a man.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
Your argument might have some historical validity,  certainly it was a right of passage among a lot of primitive tribes.  It meant something to send a boy out into the forest with just a spear to come back with a lion or food for the family. After that he was no longer a boy but a man. But in today's world someone shooting a high powered rifle from a back of a pickup truck or the safety of 100 yards, just doesn't qualify as a right of passage.  But I guess in today's world if you own someone on the internet I guess that makes you a man.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2014, 07:40:16 PM »
The kid's a freak who will most likely be a serial killer or rapist. He's probably having sex with the dead animal right now.
a