Author Topic: Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county  (Read 1390 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Yup...more LIB scumbaggery

CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

The conservative website Illinois Review reported that “While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race.

Moynihan offered this gracious lesson to his followers on Twitter: “Be careful when you vote in Illinois. Make sure you take the time to check your votes before submitting.”

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

“This was a calibration error of the touch-screen on the machine,” Scalzitti said. “When Mr. Moynihan used the touch-screen, it improperly assigned his votes due to improper calibration.”
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:05:44 AM »
Um....  we used to have to calibrate touch screens all the time... if it was off, the pad would have to be skewed all the way from where you were supposed to press, to pushing right on the democrat button.

If thats the case then he shouldnt have been able to vote for the democrat at all, if the touchpad is off that far that it puts the cursor over the dem candidate instead of the repub, the dem button would have been skewed right off the screen in lala land.

Its certainly plausible.... but imo the odds of the calibration being off that perfectly that the cursor lands on the opponents selection instead seems fishy.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:32 AM »
Um....  we used to have to calibrate touch screens all the time... if it was off, the pad would have to be skewed all the way from where you were supposed to press, to pushing right on the democrat button.

If thats the case then he shouldnt have been able to vote for the democrat at all, if the touchpad is off that far that it puts the cursor over the dem candidate instead of the repub, the dem button would have been skewed right off the screen in lala land.

Its certainly plausible.... but imo the odds of the calibration being off that perfectly that the cursor lands on the opponents selection instead seems fishy.

This thing happened to dems during the 08 election if you can recall, you couldn't select the dem candidate, it was a machine malfunction.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:16:12 AM »
Its 2014 and Obama hasn't done a thing to prevent it....hmmm.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

A machine malfunction? why the fuck would Obama worry about that? that;s not a his issue jesus.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
Dude...what exactly does fraud look like? People allowing people to same day register, filling out ballots in person and mail? Computer gliches that register votes for only one side? Allowing people to vote multiple times without id checks? Yeah guy keep trying. Obama has failed, liberalism has failed and we're all paying the price.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:47 AM »
Dude...what exactly does fraud look like? People allowing people to same day register, filling out ballots in person and mail? Computer gliches that register votes for only one side? Allowing people to vote multiple times without id checks? Yeah guy keep trying. Obama has failed, liberalism has failed and we're all paying the price.

LOL.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:01 AM »
LOL.

Laugh all you want - FAILBAMA has turned this country into a global joke 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
LOL.

Its just our political process...but you know better right "doc".
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:25:10 AM »
Laugh all you want - FAILBAMA has turned this country into a global joke 

No he hasn't in fact during your elections the world wanted Obama overwhemingly. This has nothing to do with Obama, just more bullshit you want to lump on him as always.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
No he hasn't in fact during your elections the world wanted Obama overwhemingly. This has nothing to do with Obama, just more bullshit you want to lump on him as always.

LOL!!!!   They liked him because he wanted to tear us down - which he has.   he is a global joke as are his worthless lemmings who still worship this fool. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »

Oh boy..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:19:45 PM »

the LAST thing you want is a dem president taking national control of election machines and "fixing" them all lol.

I want states fixing this.  I sure as shit don't want Harry Reid hand picking the company to replace all these pesky machines lol.  Handle everything you can locally.  

LOL @ "I want obama to fix my election machine"   haha I can think of 7 billion people I want fixing an election machine before I hand that responsibility to obama hahaha!!  

HH6, you're my favorite poster here not named 333386, but come on man, re-read what you wrote lol.  I dont want obama and an election machine in the same state haha!