Author Topic: anyone know what the RAW & natural bench record is for 165lbs if there is one?  (Read 5181 times)

smokinhawk

• Getbig I
reading the thread about what bench shirts are doing with the sport of bench pressing
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=32201.0
guy stated that  "An example of true, undiluted strength occurred when I benched 650 lbs in Maryland in November '83. I weighed a mere 275 lbs and did the lift without the aid of any supportive bench shirt"
now that comes to 650/275= 2.36 lbs/lb (he used some other swarts formula i dont know about)
 now ive been benching double my weight since i was a senior in highschool (first time was 275@137lbs raw) and didnt get a shirt until after some shouder injuries got  a large blast shirt that doesnt add hardly any weight to my bench, if i was to bench raw i think i could get 350lbs with a touch and go, maybe 330 with a touch and pause. i weigh 165ish and have been all natural my whole life.
is there any federations (drug free) that have RAW divisions and what are the records for the 165lb class? wondering if i could fair against them

also wondering what the percentge lb/lb formula of the best drug free lifter has been?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Rick Weil did 485 in the 165 class.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

smokinhawk

• Getbig I
according to that its only 408lbs (185kg)
doesnt seem to far (unacheivable) away from me

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
according to that its only 408lbs (185kg)
doesnt seem to far (unacheivable) away from me

"Drug free"

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i used to think that but i genuinely believe most in this federation are.

there is a drug free (seriously) lifter from NI called gerry mckenna, one of stongest men in world lb for lb

Lovetopull

• Getbig II
We are talking competition benching here right? Then 408 at 165 if freaking sweet if raw. The problem comes when you go to a meet and the open class are all using lifting shirts and you are wearing a singlet.