Author Topic: How to bring up a weak chest....  (Read 6742 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
How to bring up a weak chest....
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:53:45 AM »

Centopani's out of ideas.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: How to bring up a weak chest....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:54 AM »
dumbel flies with good form

how can it not bild the chest ???

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
Ask Evan?

His chest is weaker (protrudes less) than his abdominals

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
I believe that Groink answered this in another thread.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
his pecs aint that bad imo,maybe cause hes smooth there so they dont look as good.
R

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »
This worked for me, big time.

didn't change anything but the workout, and my chest got visibly thicker.

People here have said it.

i thickened up my pecs after decades of training by taking the triceps and delts out of the picture.

Pec Deck. but you don't press with your elbows and forearms, i don't feel shit when i do that.

grab the bottom of the pads with your hands, flare your elbows out, and DON"T make a wide swinging motion like you normally would. keep the motion tight, the pads should never be more than a few inches in front of your chest. and just "open and close" the machine. it should be linear, not circular. Elbows out and squeeze.  think more that you're pulling the handles in with your pecs, than pushing them with your arms

And I move the seat up and down....and grab different parts of the pads to hit upper and lower.

My theory is that Bad body parts are bad because biomechanically, you are set up where it's hard to get a good "feel" for them,  you lose tension on the muscle, or dominant muscles take the workload.

what I try and do is figure out ways around it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »
any type of pressing movements with the exception of machine declines do absolutely nothing for chest for me
If I flat bench then the tension comes off my pecs totally at less that midpoint in the press.

All shoulders and triceps for me.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »

i thickened up my pecs after decades of training by taking the triceps and delts out of the picture.

Pec Deck. but you don't press with your elbows and forearms, i don't feel shit when i do that.

grab the bottom of the pads with your hands, flare your elbows out, and DON"T make a wide swinging motion like you normally would. keep the motion tight, the pads should never be more than a few inches in front of your chest. and just "open and close" the machine. it should be linear, not circular. Elbows out and squeeze.  think more that you're pulling the handles in with your pecs, than pushing them with your arms

And I move the seat up and down....and grab different parts of the pads to hit upper and lower.

My theory is that Bad body parts are bad because biomechanically, you are set up where it's hard to get a good "feel" for them,  you lose tension on the muscle, or dominant muscles take the workload.

im gonna give that a shot on my next chest day,it seems pretty cool.thanks for the tips man i appreciate it
R

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
 im gonna give that a shot on my next chest day,it seems pretty cool.thanks for the tips man i appreciate it

if you have any questions on the form, and getting the groove just ask

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »
I am not going to claim a great chest, but I feel like db presses, dips, push-ups (regular and on rings, feet elevated and not) do so much more than stupid barbell bench presses.

If I went to a real gym, I would hit them, Groink style, and see where it got me.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
if you have any questions on the form, and getting the groove just ask

cool thanks man i will,ive always been one to change up my elbow positions and seating heights when i did pec dec,ive always tried to find that perfect position that puts the most stress on the pecs and not the delts and elbows which usually happens. im looking forward to trying your style and see how i feel,thanks again
R

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
nothing usually

can't change your genes

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »
steroids

before

after

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
Nice change!

But u mean...3weeks off, steroids, and then on again. Bcz that before picture is pretty much right after u ended a cycle!

lower the dose = clean. I have learned from the talk by people in the gym

Clean = cruising on 250ml...etc etc

Users dosent know anything about being clean haha.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
any type of pressing movements with the exception of machine declines do absolutely nothing for chest for me
If I flat bench then the tension comes off my pecs totally at less that midpoint in the press.

Just a suggestion...if the tension comes off at nearly midpoint, did you ever tried half reps ?

Correct Half Rep Technique

The right way to do half reps is to do the HARD part of the movement only, then stop 1/2 way up and go back down and do another 1/2 rep in the hard part of the movement range.

For example half reps in a benchpress would be from touching your chest with the bar to 1/2 way up, then back down to touch your chest, 1/2 way back up then back to touching your chest, etc.

You always do the hard part of the movement as a half rep, this will help strengthen the weakness in that area and generally targets the main muscle you are training better.

Though an occassional workout with half reps is a nice way to mix things up, and a good way to stress the muscle if you do not feel like going ultra heavy that day.

Its from Conan Stevens website

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

Your theory is in my opinion absolutely right.
On Monday I will try out your version of the Pec Deck motion. Great advice, thanks.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »
Nice change!

But u mean...3weeks off, steroids, and then on again. Bcz that before picture is pretty much right after u ended a cycle!

lower the dose = clean. I have learned from the talk by people in the gym

Clean = cruising on 250ml...etc etc

Users dosent know anything about being clean haha.
no that was 10 years natural

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
PMMA

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
Your theory is in my opinion absolutely right.
On Monday I will try out your version of the Pec Deck motion. Great advice, thanks.

Thanks

I have one for back too...killer.

but I would have to Illustrate it, no way I could explain it...LOL

dustin

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »

Been training for around 8-9 years and grew everything but my chest. In the last year I've been able to make significant improvements and what you described is exactly how I hit the pec deck.

I see guys doing the whole stack with no warmup, but I just do around half the stack with higher reps that I make sure I can feel. It really hits every last fiber especially if you throw them in at the end. I thought I would never have a chest.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »

Seems you are a believer in the "mind muscle connection". It's a real thing.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »

I would have never guessed this based on how full your chest looks.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »
I would have never guessed this based on how full your chest looks.

X2

I've studied your pecs in great detail and never would have come to this conclusion based on how perfectly perky and round and hard your pecs loom bro.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:57 AM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 02:13:08 AM »
My solution is preexhaustion with isolation then presses and moderate weights with higher volume. Had the same problem