Author Topic: Do/did you fear losing gains? [The permabulker trap]  (Read 6476 times)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Do/did you fear losing gains? [The permabulker trap]
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »
I remember when I was younger I used to fear losing gains, i.e. "not overdo cardio", "always have an animal protein source for every dish", chug protein drinks within the 30 min anabolic window etc oh brother  ::)
Of course it's all in the head, but it was more like a psychological torture to skip a workout day or being below caloric breakeven.

The permabulker is nothing more but this same person, but who never outgrows this mentality.

Does this sound familiar or did you avoid this trap from the beginning of your venture into the world of bodybuild?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Do/did you fear losing gains? [The permabulker trap]
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
I remember when I was younger I used to fear losing gains, i.e. "not overdo cardio", "always have an animal protein source for every dish", chug protein drinks within the 30 min anabolic window etc oh brother  ::)
Of course it's all in the head, but it was more like a psychological torture to skip a workout day or being below caloric breakeven.

The permabulker is nothing more but this same person, but who never outgrows this mentality.

Does this sound familiar or did you avoid this trap from the beginning of your venture into the world of bodybuild?

Nah, I did similar things too (and still do to an extent).
For instance, if I missed my post workout shake for some reason, I would become depressed and think that my entire workout had gone to waste. ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:29:41 AM »
cardio and eating clean actually enhances gains

you get leaner and bigger at the same time

the downside is it takes a lot of hard work and dedication

it's easier to do a few ego reps with too much weight, not do any cardio and stuffyourself with garbage food

::)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
Let's face it. Most get involved with bodybuilding because of being insecure. When a guy is perma bulker he looks good in a tee shirt. That's all he wants is to be thought of as a big strong man.  If he tries to get ripped and into good condition it kills his ego to get small even though it's healthier and you look way better when the the shirt comes off. Does a guy want to give the appearance of looking "big" at 205lbs or really get into condition and be a ripped 175lbs? Most choose to stay at 205lbs.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »
Let's face it. Most get involved with bodybuilding because of being insecure. When a guy is perma bulker he looks good in a tee shirt. That's all he wants is to be thought of as a big strong man.  If he tries to get ripped and into good condition it kills his ego to get small even though it's healthier and you look way better when the the shirt comes off. Does a guy want to give the appearance of looking "big" at 205lbs or really get into condition and be a ripped 175lbs? Most choose to stay at 205lbs.

u hit nail on head about EGO, the thought of not lifting as much cause of the dieting phase and not filling out your sleeve shirts when dieting can overwhelm a person. it happened to me but once i got hard and realized this is awesome it was easy from there on. is it me or when a permabulker is cutting down he will go thru a month period of looking flat n horrible before he starts to look really really tight n hard?
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
175lbs is pathetically small

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
cardio and eating clean actually enhances gains

you get leaner and bigger at the same time

the downside is it takes a lot of hard work and dedication

it's easier to do a few ego reps with too much weight, not do any cardio and stuffyourself with garbage food

::)

agree

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »
And then there's the Permadrugger.   

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
agree

i agree also, its hard as hell day in and day out dieting hard and then training hard on top of it all when carbs r low,its sweet when u can go to gym and throw up some weight and not worry about your diet when u get home,but being in shape is worth the effort and its a great feeling to look back and admire what u did with your body and know all the sacrifice was worth every inch of it
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 10:58:05 AM »
i agree also, its hard as hell day in and day out dieting hard and then training hard on top of it all when carbs r low,its sweet when u can go to gym and throw up some weight and not worry about your diet when u get home,but being in shape is worth the effort and its a great feeling to look back and admire what u did with your body and know all the sacrifice was worth every inch of it
bulking up with clean food is a hard task as well

shoveling down all that clean food is not funny

and of course preparing it all day after day

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
 :o ::) ;D i think he's ready for the leaning phase now, or at least in the next few monthes...
F

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
:o ::) ;D i think he's ready for the leaning phase now, or at least in the next few monthes...

anthony passed away(rip) a year or 2 ago, he was from my neck of the woods,knew his mom real well and she is a great lady
R

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
im dieting right now

i wish i was stuffing myself with food
you realise how much fun it is to eat in abundance and train when you are starving and struggling to keep your poundages up  :-\

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
im dieting right now

you realise how much fun it is to eat in abundance and train when you are starving and struggling to keep your poundages up  :-\
just eatmore and add an hour of cardio a day

Complex Carbs

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »
im dieting right now

You can stop the diet straight away, you are a fat pig on your inside who can't wait to jump face-first into a food buffet again.

You would not have to diet in the first place if you had the right long term mindset on dieting, you disgusting fat animal.

You are weak, you do not even get the most simple part of lifting right, the diet.

Why do you even bother training?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »
I was a skinny little runt 27 years ago when I started training. I've put on nearly 100 pounds of mostly muscle since then through heavy training and big eating - despite having genetics that are average at best.

I've never worried about "dieting" or "abs" - being reasonably lean by normal human standards and having a flat stomach with one ab and decent waist / shoulder ratio are good enough for me.

I do a bit of cardio for cardiovascular health, and it has a side effect of keeping bodyfat down. If I ate only chicken and rice and egg whites and oatmeal for any length of time I'd look like a marathon runner IMO and feel like shit as well.

Of course I'm a "fat fuck" by bodybuilding / fitness standards, but I'm far leaner (and much more muscular) than most men my age. Good enough for me - life is too short to live on tuna and lettuce.
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
I remember when I was younger I used to fear losing gains, i.e. "not overdo cardio", "always have an animal protein source for every dish", chug protein drinks within the 30 min anabolic window etc oh brother  ::)

I think who you described is someone who's a 100% dedicated to their gains, covers all the bases, all that shit. dedicated but unnecessarily so.

what we know here given pretty frank and open discuss ik that's gone a long way to educating people that all that shit doesnt matter. the body doesn't use protein at any one time. there is no anabolic window. you can gain tissue in a deficit. no matter how optimal your diet avd training as a natty your gonna hit a point of zero return.

once you start to open your eyes to this, it becomes a lot more enjoyable pursuit. you realise fuck I can live a totally normal life, train and still look great. that's what it's abt. not eating every 2.5 hrs had getting your 33grms of protein on cause that shit don't make an iota of difference.

when I think 'permabulker' I think of a guy who is fat. cause that's what he is. he carries fat that he feels makes him 'big' that's his holy grail. he's tried to diet but lost too much size. the cardio ate his legs. his diet was opintimal. he lose too much tissue. bullshit. he realised he has a lot of fat masquerading as muscle and instead of dealing w that revelation that he's fat he rather shelve it and stay 'big'.
b

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »

I think who you described is someone who's a 100% dedicated to their gains, covers all the bases, all that shit. dedicated but unnecessarily so.

what we know here given pretty frank and open discuss ik that's gone a long way to educating people that all that shit doesnt matter. the body doesn't use protein at any one time. there is no anabolic window. you can gain tissue in a deficit. no matter how optimal your diet avd training as a natty your gonna hit a point of zero return.

once you start to open your eyes to this, it becomes a lot more enjoyable pursuit. you realise fuck I can live a totally normal life, train and still look great. that's what it's abt. not eating every 2.5 hrs had getting your 33grms of protein on cause that shit don't make an iota of difference.

when I think 'permabulker' I think of a guy who is fat. cause that's what he is. he carries fat that he feels makes him 'big' that's his holy grail. he's tried to diet but lost too much size. the cardio ate his legs. his diet was opintimal. he lose too much tissue. bullshit. he realised he has a lot of fat masquerading as muscle and instead of dealing w that revelation that he's fat he rather shelve it and stay 'big'.
you dont really know all this is true

you just may be doing enough to look the way you do

but if you did everything according to broscience

you may look better

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »
you dont really know all this is true

you just may be doing enough to look the way you do

but if you did everything according to broscience

you may look better

dude I did all that shit. for 15 years. on juice and off.

every angle I could play and use to get bigger and better I did. trained really heavy. ate 6x a day. ate 'clean'. carbs within 20 minutes of training.  food every two hours. bulked for more mass. intra and post workout drinks. bro I'd get up at 4am to have a shake. that's no lie. I did allllllll that shit for over a decade.

lol I was a walking encyclopedia of applied broscience.

then I stopped doing all that. you get tired of it. the food prep. the eating. the balls out sessions. the bulking.

and guess what? I didn't deflate. I actually I started to improve.

I've made my best gains doing exactly opposite of what your supposed to do. eating 2x a day. training light and running the pump. training more.

I don't give advise here without having been there/ done that. I don't repeat what I hear. if I say this is a shit way of doing things, try this, it's cause that's exactly what I found to be true.

and imo the aversge serious trainer is really wasting their time dedicating themselves like that. IT DOES NOT MATTER. all that matters is drug intake and response. there's so secret key that someone is using that is the difference maker- it's just more and more drugs.

b

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
but it sounds too good to be true ???

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
;D ;D ;D

the trainer

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »

dude I did all that shit. for 15 years. on juice and off.

every angle I could play and use to get bigger and better I did. trained really heavy. ate 6x a day. ate 'clean'. carbs within 20 minutes of training.  food every two hours. bulked for more mass. intra and post workout drinks. bro I'd get up at 4am to have a shake. that's no lie. I did allllllll that shit for over a decade.

lol I was a walking encyclopedia of applied broscience.

then I stopped doing all that. you get tired of it. the food prep. the eating. the balls out sessions. the bulking.

and guess what? I didn't deflate. I actually I started to improve.

I've made my best gains doing exactly opposite of what your supposed to do. eating 2x a day. training light and running the pump. training more.

I don't give advise here without having been there/ done that. I don't repeat what I hear. if I say this is a shit way of doing things, try this, it's cause that's exactly what I found to be true.

and imo the aversge serious trainer is really wasting their time dedicating themselves like that. IT DOES NOT MATTER. all that matters is drug intake and response. there's so secret key that someone is using that is the difference maker- it's just more and more drugs.

Shut up meathead rambler cause you spent years training hard and eating clean bodybuilding foods to build your body then you decide to take it easy and eat twice daily and train light, of course you are not going to shrink cause you already have a strong foundation, I have seen your pics you have a nice body for swimming perfect for the breast stroke.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
Laughed on saturday watching some young juicehead weighing himself with his weight belt on, just trying to get that scale to turnover, reminded me of myself years ago force feeding and jumping on scales just looking for that next phase of getting bigger, weighing myself sometimes while busting to do a shit.
Made me laugh as then i  thought of today, here i am training and doing cardio and weighing myself afterwards in an attempt to drop weight. 27 years of training will show you both sides.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
Laughed on saturday watching some young juicehead weighing himself with his weight belt on, just trying to get that scale to turnover, reminded me of myself years ago force feeding and jumping on scales just looking for that next phase of getting bigger, weighing myself sometimes while busting to do a shit.
Made me laugh as then i  thought of today, here i am training and doing cardio and weighing myself afterwards in an attempt to drop weight. 27 years of training will show you both sides.
i roll my eyes at morons who weigh themselves at the gym

as if they dont have a scale at home

what is their mission rreally?

i think they hope people will ask their weight ::)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »
Nearly every bodybuilder I know always added 10 to 20 lbs to their bodyweight and thats after weighing themselves fully clothed at the gym. I always told them you cant weigh in contest time fully clothed, never really got the whole weight thing, its bodybuilding they dont judge you on it, its just a number.