Author Topic: Was Clarence Bass an F'ing liar?  (Read 7321 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Was Clarence Bass an F'ing liar?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
He was super lean back in the 80s.  Not very big, but pretty shredded w/ awesome abs in a couple of pictures.  Was it all through training and diet or were some "enhancements" required?

Yes, Obviously enhanced. He has to be because he has visible abs.

*sigh*  ::)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »
Yes, Obviously enhanced. He has to be because he has visible abs.

*sigh*  ::)

Visible intercostals and serratus in his late 40s plus.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:44 AM »
No, this is a true story.  Again, I'm just some shmuck fan.  I went to the NOC in NYC a at the Beacon theater.  I didn't know Shawn Ray personally and had never been to LA or anything at the time.  It was a very odd situation the way the dinner occurred.  Me and my friend were eating at Beefsteak Charlie's with these two other guys we met at the show.  Real Jersey Bb type fans.  Shawn came walking in with his bro and one of the Jerset dudes was like "Holy Crap, there's Shawn Ray.  I got my dad's credit card, tell him I'll buy him dinner if he'll eat with us."  They guy was too scared to ask himself, so I went up and asked Shawn and to my surprise he agreed and we had dinner with him and his brother.  My hand to God this happened.  I couldn't beleive it at the time.  Later I read in the magazines that Shawn was notoriously cheap, which in my mind explained why he'd agree to have dinner with some strangers right after losing his first pro show.

I trained in Golds Placentia a few years later and Shawn also trained there, but I didn't really know him other than to see him in the gym and never got a chance to share this story with him.

bro i believe u,i dont understand why some people cant believe anything.i trained with carla dunlap back in 82-3 in diamond gym in north jersey but ive been called a liar to,its a well known fact carla trained at diamond gym since she lived 2 miles from there and ive proven already by the people i know and everything else that i was there at that time,but thats not good enough for a few cetrain people. so bottom line is u know what happenend and i know what happened in my case and thats all that matters,dont let it frustrate u man
R

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 03:37:24 AM »
Was Clarence Beeks on the take?

Yes. It's unfortunate  his papers about frozen orange juice were forged though. I wonder if he's still with that gorilla?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 03:49:43 AM »
wow that name brings me back to the 80,s,havent heard ole clarences name in almost 30 yrs or so
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »
He admitted he used what was a very low dose in his early books to retain muscle as he got down to those crazy low fat levels. He also wrote how he lost lean muscle mass quickly as he went off steroids. Remember he tracked his fat levels and lean muscle weight using the gold standard hydrostatic weighing. He said he stopped using steroids and was able to achieve low body fat levels without the yo yo of gaining lean body mass on steroids then losing quickly when off.  I'm pretty sure in his later books he admitted to using standard low dose hormone replacement.

His books taken as a whole are an incredible education in bodybuilding and he always backs thoughts with research.  His latest books describes his training in his older years that I'm sure it isn't optimal for younger bodybuilders. His books Ripped 1,2 ,3 and the lean advantage books should be in every bodybuilder's library. He did the best with the genetics he was born with.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 04:22:39 AM »
I didn't get 2 stars until I reached 100 posts since this is my only account.

I guess it's possible that they made a mistake...it's just that there are so many gimmicks on this board nowadays.

Seriously?
Complaining about stars??

Fuck out of here

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »
Seriously?

Fuck out of here

:D
R

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:55 AM »
According to him he used very low doses under a doctors supervision for a very brief time.
Bingo, he was on HRT before it was common practice when in his 40's for awhile.
His diet, intense cardio training and genetics allowed him the get ultra ripped.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
Seriously?

Fuck out of here

You must be another gimmick.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »
Love these old time stories. :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »
Was Clarence Beeks on the take?
Indeed. The Duke Brothers' bag man.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »
You must be another gimmick.

And you must've come straight out of gradeschool, bet you got a lot of dem perdy stars & stickers. Good on ya.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
Clarence Bass is the real deal.

He is very, very small.

Almost emaciated.

So was Bruce Lee, but healthier looking.

If Clarence was using anything... he was doing it WRONG!

He was never dry, crisp and shredded. Yes, his BF was low and he was extremely lean, but he ALWAYS had a thin layer of Sub-Q water under the skin.

His weight never changed after the years went on. Homeostasis had been reached. His diet remained the same. His cardio, and his workouts.

Why the fuss?

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
bro i believe u,i dont understand why some people cant believe anything.i trained with carla dunlap back in 82-3 in diamond gym in north jersey but ive been called a liar to,its a well known fact carla trained at diamond gym since she lived 2 miles from there and ive proven already by the people i know and everything else that i was there at that time,but thats not good enough for a few cetrain people. so bottom line is u know what happenend and i know what happened in my case and thats all that matters,dont let it frustrate u man
Just two bullshit artists talking shop....

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
After his "Ripped" series of three.. (I believe) he kind of just faded...

Complex Carbs

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
He was super lean back in the 80s.  Not very big, but pretty shredded w/ awesome abs in a couple of pictures.  Was it all through training and diet or were some "enhancements" required?
Are you his wife or something, does he have to justify himself for you?

Do you feel betrayed or robbed off your childhood?

Here comes the shocker, this will show how dumb you are.

Being shredded has nothing to do with "enhancements", if you ever have been there, you would know.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
You may as well ask if the Texas Shredder, Dave Goodin is a liar...

his responses are quite entertaining, and that is one dry, hard, shredded up mofo... who looks a lot bigger in pics than he really is.