Author Topic: Alcohol after surgery?  (Read 11277 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Alcohol after surgery?
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »
Instead of taking painkillers after surgery would it be okay to drink alcohol instead???

I mean Alcohol is the oldest known sedative; it was used in ancient Mesopotamia thousands of years ago.

So NOT taking the normal vicodin, percocet stuff and just getting drunk for treating pain after surgery??

peruke

• Getbig III
Re: Alcohol after surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
4 out of 5 Mesopotamians recommend alcohol.   You would need a conversion chart, (i.e.)    You would need to know Proof of alcohol vs Mgs. of painkiller., or How Many Martini's, etc....equal (x) number of Pervocets, etc....   Ask your Pharmacist, or Bartender.....  :-X

Instead of taking painkillers after surgery would it be okay to drink alcohol instead???

I mean Alcohol is the oldest known sedative; it was used in ancient Mesopotamia thousands of years ago.

So NOT taking the normal vicodin, percocet stuff and just getting drunk for treating pain after surgery??

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Alcohol thins the blood.

Probably stands in the way of your body repairing itself.

But does go well with opiates.

I say take both.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
Alcohol thins the blood.

Probably stands in the way of your body repairing itself.

But does go well with opiates.

I say take both.

You are right about the fact that alcohol impairs the healing process. I wouldn't recommend it as a pain killer. By the time it numbs your pain, you've had too much.

If one is looking for a relatively safe pain killer other than the usual prescriptions, weed is better than alcohol. Fortunately, in Oregon medicinal marijuana is legal with a doctor's prescription. If you don't want to smoke it, it is available in other forms.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:46:09 AM »
thanks..

was just trying to find a non-narcotic painkiller that actually worked that didnt have the side effects of death, heart issues or profuse bleeding which everything non-narcotic has..

oh well....

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »
And pain killers are hard on the liver. Look at what happened to Tom Prince after taking too much tylenol. At least you will enjoy the alcohol.  :)
X

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 02:35:47 AM »
If one is looking for a relatively safe pain killer other than the usual prescriptions, weed is better than alcohol. Fortunately, in Oregon medicinal marijuana is legal with a doctor's prescription. If you don't want to smoke it, it is available in other forms.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »

Alcohol thins the blood which can result in bleeding. Someone mentioned that pain killers are hard on the liver. Interesting statement, since so is alcohol.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »

cant see from your post how it would do much damage to your brain
c

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
Dr Shizzo, MD

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »