Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 118797 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 07:12:43 AM »
its not a new thing for catholic's to be allowed to believe in evolution, its not saying god did not create the world after all just dismissing the 7 day creationist story which protestants have to adamantly believe.

Allowed to believe? any fucking book, person, thing that tells you what you can and cannot believe is bullshit. There is nothing to believe it's a fact like gravity. The rest of the bullshit will continue to retreat as it has, now god is some fucking wind up toy, evolution is brutal, survival of the fittest, this is what a loving god chooses to use? absolute non sense, however, it does fit with a god who actually murdered every living thing at one point. He is clearly a sadist.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:47 AM »
its not a new thing for catholic's to be allowed to believe in evolution, its not saying god did not create the world after all just dismissing the 7 day creationist story which protestants have to adamantly believe.

This is true. 
A

MikMaq

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
x2

Some people totally don't understand the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism  .

Protestants rely on the bible as a literal interpretation because that's all they have to represent their religion.

From the beginning the catholic church was created by theologians, that compiled a bible(incomplete scriptures).

From the beginning the catholic church had atheistic, biblical skepticism as the foreground.

(What people don't tell you is that theologians that founded the church were just as aware of atheistic arguments, as most people are today.)

Catholism gets a bad rap, because there are lots of old uneducated folk around that wouldn't know the first thing of theology.

On top of that the church obviously suffers from corruption, which is what happens when your the longest established institution on this planet.

The problem with the catholic church is it's unable to translate it's complex theology to your average church goer.

Which is why the church is so flimsy on stuff.

The church really is poorly understood, and could easily with a bit of political muscle be one of the more important institutions on the planet.

dustin

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »
what the fuck do you know about it fuck face? that's right fuck all because you don't meditate.

And btw yes it does.  :-*

Sorry bro, my wife's family is from Cambodia and Vietnam and are all Buddhists. Father in law spent some time as a monk too. Mysticism has nothing to do with meditation.

Meditation is great stuff though. There are tons of quantifiable therapeutic benefits. But to make things perfectly clear, many Buddhist monks embrace the scientific method and are interested in participating in studies to gain a more concrete understanding.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Tolerant of Gays.....

Believes in the Big Bang and evolution theory.....

Doesn't take himself too seriously......

Man, I really like this Pope. We should get him to post here!

"1"

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »
Late to this thread a sorry if this is a repeat but scientists claim that the BB happened in a quadriliAnth os a second . Sounds to me like Gen1.1
 :)

dustin

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
Late to this thread a sorry if this is a repeat but scientists claim that the BB happened in a quadriliAnth os a second . Sounds to me like Gen1.1
 :)

Nah, it doesn't sound like that fairy tale.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »
And once again, another God thread....
Haven't we learned one thing about this, Class? That talking about God on a Bodybuilding forum is a "no-no". Why? Well, because we of all people try to make ourselves into our own Gods and Goddesses. For we are selfish Gods, who will accept no other God above us, not even Weider! 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
Allowed to believe? any fucking book, person, thing that tells you what you can and cannot believe is bullshit. There is nothing to believe it's a fact like gravity. The rest of the bullshit will continue to retreat as it has, now god is some fucking wind up toy, evolution is brutal, survival of the fittest, this is what a loving god chooses to use? absolute non sense, however, it does fit with a god who actually murdered every living thing at one point. He is clearly a sadist.
So what is the alternative?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
P-Frank is a getbigger in the truest sense.  Makes me proud again of my Catholic heritage.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »
why are you so upset about non existent gods ?
Because the religions that the gods are a part of disturb citizens in many countries against their will.  Laws banning stem cell research, abortion, the changing of text books etc... to the extreme of ISIS and the radical Islamic ilk.  They can never just keep it to themselves.  Left unchecked, it will continue to spread. 

Deadlifted

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »
There's this guy I know at work that mentioned this and said its another reason why the Catholic church sucks. Funny thing is he's a biblical literalist and believes that Adam had supernatural powers like super strength and speed, and that the earth is in fact 1600 years old. Crazy thing is that he is a fucking physics major. :o

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »
There's this guy I know at work that mentioned this and said its another reason why the Catholic church sucks. Funny thing is he's a biblical literalist and believes that Adam had supernatural powers like super strength and speed, and that the earth is in fact 1600 years old. Crazy thing is that he is a fucking physics major. :o

Probably gets high a lot too!   ;D

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2014, 08:47:04 PM »
Sorry bro, my wife's family is from Cambodia and Vietnam and are all Buddhists. Father in law spent some time as a monk too. Mysticism has nothing to do with meditation.

Meditation is great stuff though. There are tons of quantifiable therapeutic benefits. But to make things perfectly clear, many Buddhist monks embrace the scientific method and are interested in participating in studies to gain a more concrete understanding.

well we do not agree on what mysticism is then. Mysticism is not flashy lights and transient ecstasys, mysticism is about enlightenment, self knowledge beyond all things.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
lots of great info in this thread

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
So what is the alternative?

It didn't happen and the world is simulation.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2014, 05:18:42 AM »
With all of this backpedaling from the church, they might have to revise the bible (again) in the near future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre
c

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2014, 05:44:13 AM »
It didn't happen and the world is simulation.
Of Course.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2014, 05:46:46 AM »
So, how does he explain China being 5,000 yrs old. Egypt being probably older, and the Sphinx possibly being 10,000 yrs old?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »
So, how does he explain China being 5,000 yrs old. Egypt being probably older, and the Sphinx possibly being 10,000 yrs old?
or the spruce tree in Sweden thats 9500 years old?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2014, 08:10:01 AM »

Deadlifted

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »
He says everything is explained in the bible and that science is ever changing (using that to say not to trust science). In regards to the Earth's age he mentioned something about being 10 generations of families since adam and eve. Also mentioned a ring of water around the Earth's atmosphere, which was how God flooded the Earth, and that people don't live as long today because we live in a post-flood Earth.

I mean this guy knew the bible front and back, so there was no point in trying to discuss anything since he just sourced all his information back to the bible.  He then used the 2nd law of thermodynamics to explain how evolution would literally be impossible, and if kids today knew that they wouldn't even think otherwise.

Strange all around, but it was quite interesting because that was the first time meeting someone like that in real life. And I live in the south so I've heard some strange people before lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
He says everything is explained in the bible and that science is ever changing (using that to say not to trust science). In regards to the Earth's age he mentioned something about being 10 generations of families since adam and eve. Also mentioned a ring of water around the Earth's atmosphere, which was how God flooded the Earth, and that people don't live as long today because we live in a post-flood Earth.

I mean this guy knew the bible front and back, so there was no point in trying to discuss anything since he just sourced all his information back to the bible.  He then used the 2nd law of thermodynamics to explain how evolution would literally be impossible, and if kids today knew that they wouldn't even think otherwise.

Strange all around, but it was quite interesting because that was the first time meeting someone like that in real life. And I live in the south so I've heard some strange people before lol

These fundy types further back themselves into a corner with science continually disproving literal biblical translation. Of course, if you distrust and/or disregard science out of hand the delusion remains intact, which is often the case. But the willful ignorance certainly doesn't help one's credibility should they attempt to defend their position in debate.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
I wonder what Pope Francis' opinion is towards Phil Heath's Olympia win this year.

MikMaq

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
These fundy types further back themselves into a corner with science continually disproving literal biblical translation. Of course, if you distrust and/or disregard science out of hand the delusion remains intact, which is often the case. But the willful ignorance certainly doesn't help one's credibility should they attempt to defend their position in debate.
You'd have to have a very low iq are fundamentalist.

Even lower to think the vast majority of christians actually are.