Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 120594 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
Because it doesn't. I told you I work with spiritual/religious people a lot and I keep it in check. If not, I would have been fired long ago. In fact, I work with people from all difference ethnicities, cultures and religious practices. If you choose not to believe this, that is your choice.

And I have no real problem with spirituality, but moreso with religion. There are many ways to be spiritual via yoga, meditation, arts and science.
Alright man, thats fine. This argument is pointless anyway. Only you know for sure if youre letting it creep in or not, so lets just drop it and move on.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
Alright man, this argument is pointless. Only you know for sure if youre letting it creep in or not, so lets just drop it and move on.

of course im the only one who knows for sure, well, and my boss.

hey, youre the one who kept going on about how you know my internal world so well, especially from just a message board lol. it was pointless from the get-go to assume you know my internal world from a message board.  :-\ :-\

but id be happy to drop it.
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
of course im the only one who knows for sure, well, and my boss.

hey, youre the one who kept going on about how you know my internal world so well, especially from just a message board lol. it was pointless from the get-go to assume you know my internal world from a message board.  :-\ :-\

but id be happy to drop it.
Bro, i never pretended to know anything about your personal life, or how you are outside of getbif.

I just took a very clear opinion you expressed on getbig and pointed out that theres a very real possibility that opinion could have tainted your view on the subject we were discussing, since they were so tightly intertwined. Thats it.

Honestly i couldnt even figure out why you were bring up your work or outside life at 1st, I was very confused, my mind never even went there.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »
Bro, i never pretended to know anything about your personal life, or how you are outside of getbif.

I just took a very clear opinion you expressed on getbig and pointed out that theres a very real possibility that opinion could have tainted your view on the subject we were discussing, since they were so tightly intertwined. Thats it.

Honestly i couldnt even figure out why you were bring up your work or outside life at 1st, I was very confused, my mind never even went there.

Because showing that I can separate my disdain for religion from my work, also indicates that I can separate my disdain for religion when evaluating the AA program.

It was meant to be an analogy. I thought the connection was quite clear. Sorry you didn't understand.  :-\ :-\
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
Because showing that I can separate my disdain for religion from my work, also indicates that I can separate my disdain for religion when evaluating the AA program.

It was meant to be an analogy. I thought the connection was quite clear. Sorry you didn't understand.  :-\ :-\
well i got it after the 2nd post, but the 1st one, i was like 'wtf, i never mentioned how he acts IRL, where is this coming from?' :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
well i got it after the 2nd post, but the 1st one, i was like 'wtf, i never mentioned how he acts IRL, where is this coming from?' :D

Fair enough.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Lets bring this whole thing back around.

My bet is that AA does nothing for Shizzo given the horrendous success rate.

I think he should use getting in shape instead or something like that.  Or if he took up a hobby of some sort.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »
Not interested.  I like my synapses the way they are and do not need some chemical to alter them.

Sam Harris sort of recommended LSD. Also said there's almost no one who wouldn't benefit from occasional cannabis use. You seem to like Sam Harris, do you you think his views on drugs are idiotic?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
No no, animals follow after there kind, noah's ark is real and what happened before the big bang? who made it bang?

My great, great, great*x1000000000000000000000000000  grandpa shot his load and bang, the universe was created.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2014, 05:43:32 PM »
Sam Harris sort of recommended LSD. Also said there's almost no one who wouldn't benefit from occasional cannabis use. You seem to like Sam Harris, do you you think his views on drugs are idiotic?
I stated exactly what I meant.  I am happy with my synapses as they are and have no reason to chemically alter them.  There is probably a benefit to drinking turpentine in some way, but I am not interested in that either.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
My great, great, great*x1000000000000000000000000000  grandpa shot his load and bang, the universe was created.

who shot the load that was thus shot by your great grammpy. :P

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »
who shot the load that was thus shot by your great grammpy. :P

True Adonis, aka GOD  ;)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2014, 01:13:21 AM »
No, you moron, I am speaking objectively because I want on the SAMSHA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices. Go ahead and present your evidence.

Here is a list of 200 evidence based treatments for substance abuse/issues. I believe AA did not even make the list.

http://nrepp.samhsa.gov/SearchResultsNew.aspx?s=b&q=substance%20abuse

Thats why I said I was speaking in general "you moron" I was not addressing the subject at hand. I dont like the AA dogma.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2014, 06:53:20 AM »
Why is anyone critical of someone getting help with alcohol addiction at AA? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2014, 08:20:21 AM »
Why is anyone critical of someone getting help with alcohol addiction at AA? 

Would you criticize someone for using blood letting for infections?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
Would you criticize someone for using blood letting for infections?

How does that relate to someone seeking help with alcohol addiction?

Has blood letting proven to help with infection better than current medicine?  Not that I'm aware but despite that I dont understand the connection you're making.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
How does that relate to someone seeking help with alcohol addiction?

Has blood letting proven to help with infection better than current medicine?  Not that I'm aware but despite that I dont understand the connection you're making.

You are equating AA with medicine? that was my point. Will power won't work, faith doesn't work etc it's a biochemical abnormality, most likely fucked up reward processing and elevated glutamate in the Limbic system.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
You are equating AA with medicine? that was my point. Will power won't work, faith doesn't work etc it's a biochemical abnormality, most likely fucked up reward processing and elevated glutamate in the Limbic system.

That may be true, but there are also numerous environmental factors that can maintain and/or exacerbate an addiction. It may not be the root cause of the addiction, but environmental factors may contribute to the ongoing problem of addiction.
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2014, 03:32:48 PM »
That may be true, but there are also numerous environmental factors that can maintain and/or exacerbate an addiction. It may not be the root cause of the addiction, but environmental factors may contribute to the ongoing problem of addiction.
this goes back to my earlier post on the large rift in opinions within the scientific community.

Theres a number of docs that agree with Necrosis, and want to look at it from a strict chemical "what happems in the brain" basis, that the drug activates the reward pathway causing addiction based on the brain wanting that shot of dopamine/serotonin all the time.

However, many other medical professionals argue that the psycholical/social/environmental aspect is being discounted when you try and break it down to a strictly 'by the numbers' approach which is so common in people like Necrosis.

Its a vwry complicated issue and from what ive heard, my own personal experience, and ive read, they dont have a solid grasp on how all these factors play into it, since it varies so wildly from person to person.

I know that when one doc tried the strict 'balance the reward pathway' through medication trick on me, id didnt work. Eventually i would get bored and get high again, even though my system was 'fixed' and functioning normally again.

This is what ive seen from most other addicts as well, theres a lot more to it than just fixing the chemical imbalance.

But, its still hotly debated in the medical field so my views are just anecdotal.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »
this goes back to my earlier post on the large rift in opinions within the scientific community.

Theres a number of docs that agree with Necrosis, and want to look at it from a strict chemical "what happems in the brain" basis, that the drug activates the reward pathway causing addiction based on the brain wanting that shot of dopamine/serotonin all the time.

However, many other medical professionals argue that the psycholical/social/environmental aspect is being discounted when you try and break it down to a strictly 'by the numbers' approach which is so common in people like Necrosis.

Its a vwry complicated issue and from what ive heard, my own personal experience, and ive read, they dont have a solid grasp on how all these factors play into it, since it varies so wildly from person to person.

I know that when one doc tried the strict 'balance the reward pathway' through medication trick on me, id didnt work. Eventually i would get bored and get high again, even though my system was 'fixed' and functioning normally again.

This is what ive seen from most other addicts as well, theres a lot more to it than just fixing the chemical imbalance.

But, its still hotly debated in the medical field so my views are just anecdotal.
I think everything should be looked at.  If someone wants to drink or whatever, I do not think any medication will stop them from doing so.  If it were me, I would not want any medication that alters my brain in any way.  People are not born wanting alcohol.  In the end, you can only drink what you can buy or steal or what someone gives you, so don`t do either of those things and don`t hang around those people.  :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

Not entirely true. Biochemical abnormalities don't force alcohol down one's throat. Certainly may apply to the desire, but the action itself really comes down to nothing BUT willpower.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »
Not entirely true. Biochemical abnormalities don't force alcohol down one's throat. Certainly may apply to the desire, but the action itself really comes down to nothing BUT willpower.
will power worked in my case. Eventually i had to make a choice between my wife, or getting high. I havent touched it since. I tried to replace my old unhealthy addictions with healthy lifestyle changes, exercising, tactical shooting competitions, getting back into hot rods, etc.

I have also seen people who turn to faith, and seen it work for them as well.

Ive seen people have success with most kinds of things, but its usually involves several factors. Rarely have i ever seen anyone simply will power it without making drastic life changes.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2014, 03:46:42 AM »

Let's be clear here....those are your words and that's a connection you're making.  Not once did I mention science or faith.

Again, I asked why others are critical of someone seeking help with alcohol addiction at AA?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2014, 04:37:43 AM »
That sucks that you deleted your long post.  I thought it relevant to the topic and extremely insightful.  Hopefully you put it back up.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2014, 05:47:42 AM »
Let's be clear here....those are your words and that's a connection you're making.  Not once did I mention science or faith.

Again, I asked why others are critical of someone seeking help with alcohol addiction at AA?

Check your pms
X